Your top 3 acts from Glastonbury 2023

fat_man_joe

1. Sparks

2. Speakers Corner Quartet

3. The Comet is Coming 

Elton was great also, glad I stayed for whole set. Nobody really blew me away but equally I don't think I saw anyone I really didn't like. Maybe Manics (iffy sound, odd setlist choices), but even they were enjoyable. Would have preferred Earl Sweatshirt to do some more songs and less dicking about but still decent.  

2 minutes ago, collectivisedfarming said:

1. Sparks

3. The Comet is Coming 

Elton was great also, glad I stayed for whole set. Nobody really blew me away but equally I don't think I saw anyone I really didn't like. Maybe Manics (iffy sound, odd setlist choices), but even they were enjoyable. Would have preferred Earl Sweatshirt to do some more songs and less dicking about but still decent.  

As a die-hard Manics fan I was pleasantly surprised by them. I've accepted they're not quite what they used to be, but thought it was a great show this time around. I was quite happy with the setlist as love to see The Holy Bible get some love. Although The Anchoress's take of This Is Yesterday was a bit naff live.

Elvana

Guns N' Roses 

Rick Astley

I should say that #2 and 3 may not have been the greatest gigs ever, but were all about the experience. It was our 11 year old son's first Glastonbury and great to share these moments with him, especially GnR who blew him away as it was his first ever huge rock gig. 

Edited by CardiffWanderer
Typo
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, collectivisedfarming said:

1. Sparks

3. The Comet is Coming 

Same

Don't think any from this year will be on my all time list but didn't see a duff set all weekend.

Closest to an all timer would be the Foos I guess

Top 3 is a tough gig.

1. The Murder Capital - Woodsies

2. Fred Again - The Other Stage

3. Black Country, New Road - West Holts

If I may do an alternative top 3 that no one will have;

1. Mik Artistic - Bandstand

2. Leila Moss - Bimble Inn

3. Deadletter - Avalon

• Like 1