List your "frustrations" here

airwaves

The only thing that really irked me was a crowd of sitters near the front of Elton. Lots of people trying to squeeze past, and the sitters screaming "F*CK OFF, JUST WALK ROUND US" to anyone asking them to move. One lad in the group squared up to someone and offered them out when they were trying to get past. Just try to have a bit of self awareness of what's going around you please. 

Other than that I had a fantastic time!

5 hours ago, MrBarry465 said:

The more I hear of this stuff the more I don't feel a reason to go back. If you put on a festival that essentially promotes itself as having something for everyone you end up picking up the fringe dickheads of society.

There's a difference between "having something for everyone" and "everything being for everyone". There are lots of spaces that are appropriate to have a relaxing sit down, or to take a pushchair and a young child. The SE corner at 1am are not those spaces. Similarly, if you want to get off your face, don't go to Kidsfield or Cabaret and start causing aggro.

All it takes is a tiny amount of self-awareness and you'll have a grand time. Unfortunately, not everyone has that self-awareness but the vast majority do, I think. It's why the idiots taking a massive pushchair through Shangri-La at 1am or getting coked up and falling over families in the middle of the day on Pyramid stand out, they're still uncommon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eatingglitter said:

My husband absolutely freaked when one went off near us during AM and Elton. He works in martime and was saying about how bad the burns can be. 

So dangerous - feels like there should be a zero-tolerance policy towards them. Should be easy enough to spot the people holding them as well as they’re always shown on TV.

I have a lot of time for Greenpeace and the stuff they do, and their own area gets better every time imo, but it would have been good at certain areas/times to have been able to sit down on a bench for a few quiet moments or to eat the food you've just bought without having one of their reps come over for a 'conversation' (ie pretending to like the same thing I liked and then trying to get me to sign up). 

Getting out the carpark after the headliners on Sunday was an absolute joke, so I think that's a valid moan.

Other than that, pretty minor stuff:

The Frozen Margarita machine breaking at the Meeting Place bar was a bit of a tragedy

People who wanted to chat but were very very resistant to the idea of anyone getting beyond them to enjoy the music rather than their voice

Toilet capacity & lack of water at Lime Kiln

People getting annoyed that you might need to step over their huge stack of bags and mats right before the pyramid headliner

40 minutes ago, catavento said:

I have a lot of time for Greenpeace and the stuff they do, and their own area gets better every time imo, but it would have been good at certain areas/times to have been able to sit down on a bench for a few quiet moments or to eat the food you've just bought without having one of their reps come over for a 'conversation' (ie pretending to like the same thing I liked and then trying to get me to sign up). 

That's what the Tiny Tea Tent is for

2 hours ago, iamstreety said:

People that don't know how to safely use a flare. They add to the atmosphere and look amazing, but a really dangerous. There were loads of people in the medical tents with burns.

We were really lucky at Jamie Webster, the guy next to us started to swing it round and we got covered in red powder. Wife has a couple of small burns and my clothes are knackered. Could have been a lot worse.

This x1000

I was burned on the arm in the pit for Foos in 2017 by someone lighting one of these at the front of the crowd where you have no room to move or escape and they still give me major anxiety now. They need a zero-tolerance policy on them. 

I’m sure this will have been covered but Example was far too big to have play Glade on Thursday with very little else on. My mates and I tried and decided to bin it off immediately. As we were leaving (heading towards Leftfield) there was a girl on her own, clinging onto the fence, crying her eyes out having a panic attack. A lot of people just carried on walking which is ridiculous but it was caused by the sheer business of that area at that time. My friend and I helped her through the crowd until she was out and she seemed to camp down a lot from there on but it was horrible to witness. Poor girl.

Also not really the festivals fault and I know everyone enjoys festivals differently but there were certainly a fair few dickheads there this year. My 2 friends and I were in the pit for Becky Hill and there was a guy screaming “GET YOUR TITS OUT” between every song - as well as a few other even worse things. Then openly smashed some drugs and continued to scream more sh*t. Knobhead.

• Upvote 1

Not much to complain about really, had a really really good one, also thought it felt way less busy than 22. Only minor thing is I wish they'd stick more bloody water points at campsites. People queuing for full on showers every morning at Paines when I was desperate to just have a drink of H2o was not the one.

Doesn't excuse the water situation, but get yourself a large 5 or 10 litre collapsible water carrier. Only around ten quid, you can fill it on the Wednesday and if its only drinking water in the mornings you want, will last the whole festival. Was a game changer for us!

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I’m sure this will have been covered but Example was far too big to have play Glade on Thursday with very little else on. My mates and I tried and decided to bin it off immediately. As we were leaving (heading towards Leftfield) there was a girl on her own, clinging onto the fence, crying her eyes out having a panic attack. A lot of people just carried on walking which is ridiculous but it was caused by the sheer business of that area at that time. My friend and I helped her through the crowd until she was out and she seemed to camp down a lot from there on but it was horrible to witness. Poor girl.

Also not really the festivals fault and I know everyone enjoys festivals differently but there were certainly a fair few dickheads there this year. My 2 friends and I were in the pit for Becky Hill and there was a guy screaming “GET YOUR TITS OUT” between every song - as well as a few other even worse things. Then openly smashed some drugs and continued to scream more sh*t. Knobhead.

Think that this was next to me in front of the surge barrier. She made reference to something on stage, which could have meant something sexual and it all started.

There were a few dickheads across the festival, not acting in the 'Glastonbury Spirit'. On the whole though, people were friendly.

Sure it's already been mentioned but people sitting/using chairs at the Pyramid - particularly at Elton, beyond frustrating.

Some woman parked in a chair had the nerve to say to our group 'do you really think there's gonna be anymore room down there' as we attempt to get to a point where we can see anything. It's so f*cking selfish.

A poor woman came past us who'd just done an 8 hour shift at Woodsies and was just trying to find her friends, people just weren't moving; sat in big groups and using chairs.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

I don't understand why this happens year after year.  It totally spoils the Park stage atmosphere and makes it hard to listen to a lot of acts.

Surely that person responsible for the Park area is aware of this - as everyone else is.

I went and sat in there on Saturday afternoon before jockstrap to get a bit of shade. Deafening and about 5 people in there plus a dodgy DJ, felt like a scene from Nathan Barley. Bar staff were great though.

On 6/26/2023 at 3:08 PM, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Just seen on the family group a few people ended in blows because of idiots falling into prams / children 

There needs to be a dedicated family area. We went out of way to be far back, in behind some bins near other families and made a line around kids/prams - still we had coked up / pissed up arseholes cutting through the crowd hitting the bins, then trying to climb over literal children.

I said it last year, but I think there's been a huge demographic shift over the last decade, and it's towards absolute dicks. (Either that or it's just the cheap coke that's flooding the country turning people into them)

Can you point me in the direction of the Glastonbury family group

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

That's what the Tiny Tea Tent is for

One of my only grumbles is that the layout in Greenpeace now with the tree means that TTT isn't quite the chilled haven it used to be.  Still made my trip there and put my feet up with a brew to gather thoughts, but it's a little harder to really give yourself a moment. 

Obvs plenty of other places I can / could go for quiet time, but TTT hold a special place in my heart for doing that.

one twat at the temple during an act from Taunton I believe decided to run at me and hit my hat at least 3 x each time I moved so it was clearly not about a view thing .... was the first time id been there and impressive as it was that just killed the vibe for me 

2 hours ago, FrancisH said:

Not much to complain about really, had a really really good one, also thought it felt way less busy than 22. Only minor thing is I wish they'd stick more bloody water points at campsites. People queuing for full on showers every morning at Paines when I was desperate to just have a drink of H2o was not the one.

The water out of the taps at the toilets is drinkable and rarely (or never) has queues. It's exactly the same as the water at the water points.

It's the 'hack' I use the most at Glastonbury to never have to wait to have water.

Crowds - definately even busier this year - reckon most is staff, crew and their mates - saw so many more non regular punter wristbands on peeps. Wtf its going to be like when the next proper wet 2007 / 2016 year arrives and no one can sit down and everyones channeled through the narrow paths I dont know. Will prob put a stop to picnic blankets mind.

Drugs - ket just puts you to sleep - whats the fun in missing loads of festival. Always felt coke generally turns a twat into an even bigger one. Where are all the proper drugs - MD, acid, green etc that used to promote more peace / unity / chill.

Hugging - yeah I get youre pleased to be there with your mates but it just starts looking so fake after the 100th time.

Just now, Pinhead said:

Where are all the proper drugs - MD, acid, green etc that used to promote more peace / unity / chill.

Hugging - yeah I get youre pleased to be there with your mates but it just starts looking so fake after the 100th time.

The folk doing the hugging have probably been indulging in the unity creating drugs.

Think I spent the entire weekend in a cuddle puddle.

1 hour ago, iamstreety said:

Think that this was next to me in front of the surge barrier. She made reference to something on stage, which could have meant something sexual and it all started.

There were a few dickheads across the festival, not acting in the 'Glastonbury Spirit'. On the whole though, people were friendly.

Oh yeah it’s definitely a tiny minority that are dickheads.

I believe she very quickly ran to the side of the stage for them to tighten their top as the ties on the back were coming loose. A few people booed and she even said “it’s 2023, let’s not boo” or words to that effect which caused him to continuously shout it between what felt like every song. He was right in front of my and my 2 mates and I think it made them both a bit uncomfortable too. 

15 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Now you've gone too bloody far! 

34 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

one twat at the temple during an act from Taunton I believe decided to run at me and hit my hat at least 3 x each time I moved so it was clearly not about a view thing .

What a tw@t 😔

5 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

The sitters make me physically irate, to the stage where I stopped avoiding them when trying to pass - if my feet catch you on the way through, stand up.

You don't know why people are sitting. Some people are older and can't hack standing for hours on end. If someone is sitting towards the back of the crowd they really aren't harming you or anyone. I was sat very much at the back of an empty crowd and someone kicked my foot, I think on purpose tbh - maybe it was you? 

I was sat down cause I have a ton of tumours in my stomach, particularly on my right side. They kicked my right foot and I'm still in pain from that today. 

If you're so irate about it that you're "catching people on the way through" you might need a sniff of those baggies making everyone hug each other that you hated too! 😂

Edited by irnkrtn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2