I feel sick

Lakey91

Gates are open. I am sat at my desk unable to focus on work, keep looking at the BBC live webcam seeing revellers carrying their stuff to the campsites knowing I won't be there this year.

I actually feel kinda physically sick.

To everyone lucky enough to be there, have an incredible time! To anyone else in my shoes - good luck, we'll get through this.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Genuine sympathy for anyone stuck here without a ticket. 

I've missed a couple (09,11,13), and know how bitter it is. In my experience the worst thing to do is to watch it on TV, listen to Worthy FM etc. You wouldn't read a pizza menu if you were starving and had no money would you?

Usually going back and watching stuff after the festival is over is fine. But my advice would be to get off here and do something totally different. 

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch
  • Like 2

I'm not gonna lie, I had a little cry this morning.  It should have been my 21st Glastonbury - missed 3 now since 1994.  I keep hoping that immersing myself will help - not sure - but we're going camping at the weekend with some festi-friends so that should help.

Big hugs to all of you hurting x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Focusing on competitions / oxfam places helped me feel that I'd at least tried everything to get there, though watching those BBC documentaries on Sunday night didn't help.

Still planning to follow along on here and watch the BBC coverage. See how that goes...

Edited by Lubic
  • Like 1

I'm really feeling it too. Not helped that the local news is full of it. 

I'm trying to remind myself that the cost of living crisis is f**king me over as it is and I have f**k all cash right now. Plus, I'm still not fit enough post surgery. None of which is working 🤣

I've got Beautiful Days to look forward to.

Not going this year through choice and necessity. I got a mate a ticket, so keep thinking that i literally could have gone today but there you go.

The strange thing is that I dont feel an overwhelming sense of missing on one thing particular, or the music. The thing that i do miss is being part of that very specific community and mini society that's formed and is slightly different every year. The endless possibilities of the next 5 days and that you will experience some crazy moments you cannot plan for and the excitement that comes with that.

Here's to 2024.

• Like 1

Really gutted not to be there again, didn't try for tickets this year so it's my own fault. Didn't think I would be too bothered but the build up on here and watching a few of the BBC documentaries last few days really hammered home how much I'm going to miss not being there. 

Yep, I feel rubbish. Particularly logging on to my computer this morning thinking I should be driving down now instead of doing this. Having 6music on while I work isn't really helping as it is ALL about Glastonbury on there.

I managed 11 in a row but now have failed to get tickets 3 out of the last 4 years - I got one last year in the resale. I should be used to the pain by now but it doesn't really help and the nice weather is making it worse. If it were a mudbath it would be much more tolerable 🙂

I'll catch some of it over the weekend live I'm sure but will watch sets back on iplayer. This time next week we're all back in the same position. Just a few days to get through.

I definitely don't miss the Wednesday morning queue or the carrying all my stuff from the car to camp, but Wednesday afternoon and Thursday are usually my favourite days at the festival, just wandering around site not trying to see any specific bands, exploring all the new areas and wandering around the green fields is the part of the festival you cant get from the BBC coverage

Im sure i'll have iplayer on non stop from Friday lunchtime until Sunday night but its just not the same as being there.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lakey91 said:

Gates are open. I am sat at my desk unable to focus on work, keep looking at the BBC live webcam seeing revellers carrying their stuff to the campsites knowing I won't be there this year.

I actually feel kinda physically sick.

To everyone lucky enough to be there, have an incredible time! To anyone else in my shoes - good luck, we'll get through this.

It gets easier mate. I havent been since 2017, the first year not going was incredibly tough mentally as I had friends and family still going,  2019 was a family decision not to go and do other things. My wife was diagnosed with a thyroid issue late 2019 which means we cant go now as her ongoing issues means the place is way too big for her to manage. 

Feeling it myself too today, knowing that my colleague is probably hitting Shepton Mallet just about now on his way down to the farm. I've avoided this site since last October which has helped my withdrawal a little this year. Just thought I'd poke head in and see how everyone is getting on today.

I sincerely hope everyone lucky enough to be there this week has the best time!

I used to get massive FOMO and feel sick and upset at not going. Totally get why people feel the same.

Nowadays I embrace it. I'll watch it on TV have a few beers and be grateful that I've been 10 times in the last 25 years. 

I remind myself that Glastonbury has given me the most amazing memories and if I never go again (which is quite likely) I'll always have those.

• Upvote 3

Definitely gutted. Getting tickets last year on our first attempt lulled us into a false sense of security that we’d always be able to I think.

Got a replacement festival lined up next week but this weekend will be rough I’m sure!