Your Favourite On-Site Bar/Pub?

Jacko45

11 minutes ago, CR77 said:

Would be great if there was an official guide to all the bars etc and what gets played there, especially after the headliners.  Used to enjoy ending the night at the Williams Green tent, so would be good to know if there's a similar (albeit smaller!) alternative this year.

I also remember stumbling upon a small bar on my way back to my tent in 2017... was near Pyramid and playing 90s Britpop... no idea what it was called, and sadly it wasn't listed anywhere.

Would be good to have a list of all bar/pub DJ sets... and by genre, not just the name.  Hoping to find somewhere after the headliners that plays Williams Green or 90s indie type stuff.

The taphouse has an indie disco every night 9pm-3am

image.png

Edited by richy24
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, uscore said:

do any of them do a nice IPA of a decent strength (around 5%)?  I struggled to find anything in the bars that weren't 4% or lower.

Cornish Arms, Avalon Inn and Cockmill have the best selection of ales/IPA in my opinion.

Kasbah is now Taphouse.  Similar vibe but I preferred the former incarnation.

Just now, tigger123 said:

Is Avalon Inn open on the Wednesday yeah?

Yep. I got hammered on the balcony their on the Wednesday in 2015 and fell asleep in my tent at around 9. Woke up at 01:00 though and went for a wander.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, CR77 said:

Amazing.. thank you!!  Wish this stuff would get listed on the official stuff though!

I understand your point, but part of the beauty of Glastonbury is wandering around and discovering all these things, or getting involved in online forums like this! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I understand your point, but part of the beauty of Glastonbury is wandering around and discovering all these things, or getting involved in online forums like this! 

Actually, that is so so true!  Best accidental moment last year was passing by Bread and Roses on the way back from Macca, and stumbling upon (who I now know to be...) Showhawk Duo covering Bohemian Rhapsody - a great Glasto moment!

4 hours ago, rwhitehouse13 said:

The Cornish Arms and the bar by Acoustic have had Proper Job in the past, great beer and around 5%.

one of my favourite beers!  Usually 4.5 on tap I think, but that would be fine

thanks.

I shall look harder next time!

Some I have enjoyed over the years.

Strummerville bar - large portions of spirits and nice campfire vibe

Cider Bus - Ginger Donkey Cocktails

Wine Bar - Tasty bottle of wine to get you back on track

Avalon - great for chilling in the day

Beat Hotel - For an afternoon sesh of strong generic lager 

Bimble Inn - Good ales and cool late night bands

Tricketts - Top overall ambience and views.

Rum Shack - For the rums

Spike Bar - Not so much the bar but a cool meeting point.

18 minutes ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

Can you remind me where the Taphouse is please? 

It's the pint glass icon, under the "F" in Leftfield, on this year's map! (ie Opposite Vodaphone / on the way to West Holts!)

• Thanks 1

This is from last year i think so wont be completely accurate but might help some folks…. Edit - actually it’s older than i thought and does need updating quite a lot. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a2169ca69d251047f1ee2c5e89865df3.jpeg

Edited by chuckles07