Glastonbury 2023 £6 Meal Deal

stuie

43 minutes ago, Quark said:

If not more. I'm a greedy bastard who loves food at the best of times.  Being in a place where there is so much good food on offer, and such a wide variety of it, is a huge part of the festival for me.  If I can manage it I'll rarely go back to the same place twice (although somewhere like Crumble Shack gets a pass 😄) and I love it.

Always been that way with food at the fest, but I find I appreciate it even more now I'm fully veggie.

A mate of mine that I normally do Glastonbury with commented at a gig last year that it was the first time he could remember watching a band with me when I wasn't stuffing my face with something. Became a running gag that I'd vanish at random points during the day and reappear 10 minutes later with something glorious.

This man does it proper.
Never walk past a food stall that you really like the look of, don’t promise yourself you’ll go back there later on: go and get that tasty thing NOW because a) you deserve it, and b) you won’t find it when you’re starving hungry! 

I normally have a veggie day, and had a vegan day last year - will defo do that again, just cos I get to eat more stuff that I really like the look of 😊

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

True story. Melbourne in May-September can be pretty dire. We wear scarfs and gloves at points. I love having seasons, personally. 

Nothing better than walking down to the MCG on a drizzly day for the footy, in my scarf (purple, obvs, up the Freo!) for a stack of beers and a four n twenty pie, ready to roar some abuse at the umpires 🤣 then off to lygon st for a slap up meal. Love it! 

6 hours ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

Eat the Farm are back in their usual spot. Last year their breakfast baps for £5 were legendary and perfect hangover stodge. Just confirmed they are now £6 but still an absolute bargain.  

I gave up queueing for one of them after 45 mins last year..

8 hours ago, stuie said:

Glastonbury have announced that over 300 stallholders (over 75%) will be taking part in their £6 meal deal.

Please use this thread when at the festival to highlight the best £6 offerings you can find! 

We'll have a scout around on the Monday and Tuesday as the traders are setting up and let you know what's on offer! 

139693479_6-meal-deal-image.thumb.jpg.aecd68d08df398aeb78d9965965d4aa5.jpg

Thank you for sharing 😊

I personally didn't rate the £6 "meals" one stall was doing a cheese toasties, which was tiny, 4 bites and it was gone.

Another stall was charging extra 50p for a squirt of Tomato sauce for your chips which were absolutely tiny portion. Sauces that would usually be free. 

I take my own breakfast now days and cook in the mornings and eat enough to last me til the evening, better quality food and not being ripped off

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

This man does it proper.
Never walk past a food stall that you really like the look of, don’t promise yourself you’ll go back there later on: go and get that tasty thing NOW because a) you deserve it, and b) you won’t find it when you’re starving hungry! 

I normally have a veggie day, and had a vegan day last year - will defo do that again, just cos I get to eat more stuff that I really like the look of 😊

Proposal: we spend Thursday on a food / beer crawl and finish at Skindred. Probably with indigestion.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I eat far too much.

I drink far too much.

It’s  Glastonbury. I’m not going through the hellish torture of ticket day only to succeed and then deny myself anything.

Regret nothing.

This person knows the score.

3 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Does everyone really have three square meals a day? 

£30 a day for food for me - does two big £15 meals. A couple of drinks from the bars puts it at £40.

Less on the Wednesday as we don't arrive until the afternoon. 

£250 spending money each is easily enough. Extra ten quid a day for cake/crumble/coffee/merch.

Last few been even cheaper as was just too hot to be drinking anything but water.

2 biggies and a late night snack at least.  Plus and ice cream or cake/crumble etc. at some point.  Walking between stages and dancing like a f**king loon I hit 25k steps per day.  Need to fuel that fire my friend.  Plus, there's so much good stuff and I LOVE my food.  I'm like a pig in sh*t mealwise at Glasto.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Proposal: we spend Thursday on a food / beer crawl and finish at Skindred. Probably with indigestion.

You had me at proposal 🤣 shifts permitting, this is a deeply wonderful plan (ho99o9 on the Truth stage afterwards are really, really bloody good too, if you like electro hip hop punky metal) 

2 hours ago, Jimbojam said:

Another stall was charging extra 50p for a squirt of Tomato sauce for your chips which were absolutely tiny portion. Sauces that would usually be free. 

I find this super annoying.  raise the price 50p if you must, but to do it this way feels like being nickel and dimed.  Next they will charge for napkins. 

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I'm usually a meat eater primarily but last year spent the whole festival - bar one meal - eating vegetarian (can't remember if it was vegan or not) as there was so much good stuff.  The one meal I had which wasn't veggie was salmon which was gorgeous.  

If I didn't live with a meat loving husband and son I would definitely eat more veggie stuff outside the festival as well.  Ditto if restaurant veggie meals were as interesting - rather than constant sweet potato curry or veggie burgers!.  That said, Shrewsbury does have some great veggie restaurants - it's the ones that serve meat as well who don't seem to give much thought to veggie options. 

In the old days, you could get a big pot of Yeo Valley yoghurt with some granola for a quid. Great, cheap breakfast!

The bakery near the Acoustic Stage is good as well. They did a bacon or sausage bap, doughnut and cup of tea/coffee in the £5 meal deal (with the tiniest sticker advertising it) at previous festivals. Might be in the £6 one for those of you going this year?

41 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah its def a smaller portion. Had a fiver Mac and Cheese bowl last year which was  prob half the size of a regular order.

To me a meal is meat'n'potatoes* with a drink.

*alternatives are available

Also the food itself does not make up the bulk of the cost.  Staff and overheads, and they have to make a profit.  I get why it would be a smaller portion as they're probably under recovering on it.

Bit if they really wanted to make an actual meal cheaper they would have to reduce the cost of trading.

31 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

In the old days, you could get a big pot of Yeo Valley yoghurt with some granola for a quid. Great, cheap breakfast!

The bakery near the Acoustic Stage is good as well. They did a bacon or sausage bap, doughnut and cup of tea/coffee in the £5 meal deal (with the tiniest sticker advertising it) at previous festivals. Might be in the £6 one for those of you going this year?

Do you know the exact location of this stall?

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

This aint Coachella lol.

Spent maybe £25 a day on food last year. Is everyone having 4 sit down meals or something? Or is the cost just moreso because of alcohol. Probably alcohol.

Either sheltered or naive to think everyone going there sober. Lots of substances flying about, all adds up. 

I usually eat two and a half meals a day, the half either a snack/v light offering from a stall or various cereal bar/crisps/fruit combo. I bring most alcohol so will usually only buy one drink a day max. Usually don't spend more than £200 when i'm there, but that doesn't include everything that i purchase in advance...