The churnups

a6l6e6x

4 minutes ago, Northtim said:

The Twitter account was followed by GF official account, and Foo Fighters official account yesterday.  Today it has also been followed by Pulps official account.  Plus a few new tweets and the pics have changed which means nothing to me but some clever efester must understand.  Yesterdays tweets were FF references, I guess todays are Pulp?  In which case it is just trolling us! 

no, those three accounts are ones that 'thechurnups' is following.

27 minutes ago, LondonManGlastoFan said:

The twitter account tweeted and then deleted a pulp pun that mentioned something about the first days of half term. So I'm now thinking its not the foos as I don't think they have half term in the US.

The photo has also changed to a cup made from cardboard pulp. I now think the twitter account is just a fan trolling 

Edit: Found the tweet!

20230531_080054.jpg

Funny 😂

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

People on this forum like talking and coming up with 'wild' predictions that then cause 3-5 pages worth of discussion. Thats pretty much what carried the headliner thread. This thread will go back and forth between 2 acts while others come up with acts like Wet Leg because they're 'Amish like'. 

Oh I know that, and it's healthy... Not sure myself who it will be between the top 2 contenders. My comment was specifically about that Twitter account, which is clearly not real. 

Edited by Alvoram

Can’t believe there is 12 pages of debate on this 😆

It’s clearly The Foos

* Trusted source confirmed they were doing a secret set on the Pyramid months ago

* Dave Grohls first band was called Churn

Who else but a headliner sized band with a huge back catalogue would need an hour beforehand, and an hour and fifteen long set!?!

1 minute ago, The Poo Biters said:

* Trusted source confirmed they were doing a secret set on the Pyramid months ago

Although I do think it’s gonna be them, we had info they were booked in to hotels around the area, but i don’t remember any info putting them specifically on the Pyramid?

1 minute ago, The Poo Biters said:

It’s clearly The Foos

Who else but a headliner sized band with a huge back catalogue would need an hour beforehand, and an hour and fifteen long set!?!

And they have a history of playing under a pseudonyms which is the bit that doesn't make sense for Pulp. It would just be 'TBA' if it were them.

I'm with you (I think) 

53 minutes ago, LondonManGlastoFan said:

The twitter account tweeted and then deleted a pulp pun that mentioned something about the first days of half term. So I'm now thinking its not the foos as I don't think they have half term in the US.

The photo has also changed to a cup made from cardboard pulp. I now think the twitter account is just a fan trolling 

Edit: Found the tweet!

20230531_080054.jpg

This is the best thing about this place. The absolute A-grade sluething. 

12 minutes ago, The Poo Biters said:

It’s clearly The Foos

Ah was there rumours of a secret set already? That seems to change things a bit. 

Also Bank's tweet seems pretty firm in the NO camp to me. But he didnt say Pulp werent playing... So the dream remains somewhat alive! 

10 hours ago, Havors said:

It screams of a kind of super group to me... people from different bands churning up and making a new band for the festival? 

A bit like the jaded hearts club.

Other than that it's pulp. 

Some of us still remember months of discussions about a super group on here ... only for The Who to be announced.

17 minutes ago, The Poo Biters said:

It’s clearly The Foos

Who else? Pulp!

1 hour ago, The Poo Biters said:

It’s clearly The Foos

That is a very good point that I hadn’t noticed.

On 5/30/2023 at 9:10 AM, marktea said:

Last year was my first since 2016 and I also went without my wife / family for the first time as volunteering solo was the only way I could get to go. It felt odd in all sorts of ways because I wasn’t sure how the volunteering would work out and it was also my first time solo. Based on my experience all I can say is that your wife is almost certainly right. I had a blast and hopefully you will too. Sure there will be moments when you wish they were with you but the Glastonbury magic is powerful stuff. Stay in the moment and let it happen… you will have a wonderful time I’m sure and will soon be looking forward to the many times in the future when you can all go together again. 

Thank you. Following the line up being released I am now a lot more positive!

• Like 1

Just now, whateverworksout said:

foo fighters and pulp are both such boring options, praying it is spice girls 

That'd be f**king awful.

So I'm delighted to point out that Mel C is playing Saga Festival in Romania on the Friday.