Line Up Announced

CaledonianGonzo

8 minutes ago, Familiar2billions said:

Am I missing something here? Did the original poster add in QOTSA to the list in their post because they're not mentioned anywhere in that Guardian article. Or, did the Guardian initial include them in the articles list and very quickly back track?

They've since been removed from Guardian.

This is only a fraction of the total lineup so based on that I'm delighted.

So far I have (people I'd like to see, won't do em all):

Elton and GnR, Lizzo, Blondie, Candi Staton, Carly Rae Jepsen, Ezra Collective, Hot Chip, Leftfield, Manics, Phoenix, Sparks, Texas, Lana del Ray, Thundercat, Sudan Archives, Young Fathers

Great start!

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

This is only a fraction of the total lineup so based on that I'm delighted.

So far I have (people I'd like to see, won't do em all):

Elton and GnR, Lizzo, Blondie, Candi Staton, Carly Rae Jepsen, Ezra Collective, Hot Chip, Leftfield, Manics, Phoenix, Sparks, Texas, Lana del Ray, Thundercat, Sudan Archives, Young Fathers

Great start!

Yep. I've got more than that, but this by itself is great.

Have a stinking hangover this morning and feel like I’m going to vom any minute.

Not bad - but I’m baffled some names we thought we had are not there - Sam Smith, Rosalia, Queens of the Stone Age, (BLACKPINK), Pulp, The Prodigy.

I wonder if they lost a lot of people in the process somehow. Maybe they lined up numerous names and many bookings fell through?

Edited by Matt42

Just now, JSmurphy said:

It's okay. Am I deluded in thinking my resale chances might have just increased?

Probably, yeah.

There'll be people vocal that they don't like it, but there'll also be people who do. Just like every year. Overall it'll likely balance out, and of course any difference won't be noticeable on the front line (unless it fails to sell entirely, which isn't going to happen).

Well I am quite happy with this first list. I knew I wouldn't care for the Pyramid headliners anyway but the rest has the variety I am looking for at Glasto. Unfortunately my other half just got a bit too excited with the name Phoenix to my taste but that means the start of group/partner discussions, which is always fun.

1 minute ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Me too. Lot of the negativity coming from people without tickets, and I get that. I’d be the same, trying to convince myself I wasn’t bothered.

I do understand that but I remember when the lineup came up last year and I didn't have a ticket I just felt gutted to not be going. But then I quickly tried to pretend it wasn't happening!

I think you have to look at it positively in that fact that it’s realistically as good/strong as it could have been given touring schedules, who played last year etc. They can’t book who isn’t there. 

That being said, Guns n’ Roses are a terrible choice as headliner for many reasons.