Line Up Announced

CaledonianGonzo

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

One of my big regrets last year was having such a shit spot for Macca. I couldn't see the stage due to flags and surrounded by coked-up twats. For Elton, I absolutely have to be in the pit in front of the toenail (what we call the semi-circular barrier). So my question is, Do you think there'll be much churn after Lil Nas X, or should I get there and watch his set just to be safe. I don't dislike him, but not a big fan, and I don't like the idea of taking up real estate that a real fan could be enjoying.

I find with the Pyramid, further back is better than mid field. If you’re not prepared to get there early, the sound and view from further back in the field is far superior than from the middle, due to flags/crush etc. Watched The Cure from the path at Big Ground and it was majestic.

That said, Eltons crowd gonna be significantly bigger than The Cure, but I still think there’ll be decent spots far back.

Pretty happy with this! One Pyramid headliner who's an absolute must-see, and plenty of names I'd love to see elsewhere. Didn't see Leftfield coming - they'll be great! Candi Staton, Fred Again, Hot Chip, Lizzo will all be big parties.

Reckon they're holding back some big names as well.

56 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Texas opening Other?

Last time they were booked, in 2015, they were tea-time on the Acoustic.... and sadly didn't turn up

Hopefully this year will work out better, but I'd be quite surprised if they're given a very prominent slot in the light of that experience tbh

Just now, billum said:

Last time they were booked, in 2015, they were tea-time on the Acoustic.... and sadly didn't turn up

Hopefully this year will work out better, but I'd be quite surprised if they're given a very prominent slot in the light of that experience tbh

Well they're headlining the Extravaganza as well as making the first poster for 2023, so they must have patched things up.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, sunnyshoes said:

I'm going to be honest - for me its an under-whelming line-up and quite weak. I think we were spoilt last year. It might come into its own when we get more info on stages and times down the line and I might need to take a chance on some stuff. I know that it's not all about the bands/line-ups but I think I wanted to recreate that amazing feeling of really looking forward to seeing people and the buzz of it being amazing (Bicep/Bonobo) last year. This line-up will hopefully be a grower and I'll look forward to seeing who's on West Holts and The Park as that's mainly where I wanted to be this year. 

PS. I won't be putting my ticket back into the pot. 

PPS. Amazed that Self Esteem aren't on there - surely to be announced. 

She's already said on Twitter that she is "unlikely" for Glastonbury this year. Which would piss me off a lot less if I wasn't at home two night's ago with Covid rather than watching her in Manchester 😡

In a normal year I'd be looking at that poster and feeling rather deflated, there isn't actually that much there that interests me and my tastes, but that's fine it's the way these things fall sometimes.

Doesn't really matter anyway as I'll barely see any of it due to the kids...