Glasto Hacks

Bike_Like_A_Mum

11 hours ago, gfa said:

on saturday morning after a heavy night in the SE corner i had dioralyte, tesco own brand paracetamol dioralyte, red bull and these tablet dioralyte things. not sure if it was a hack but it seemed to do the trick

guess the moral in general is get some dioralyte!

I had Dioralyte in 2019 and it sorted me right out. Not for a hangover but for heat exhaustion! Woke up feeling like total shit one day but was clearly dehydration as this really did the job.

Lovely thread.

I always took a pillow case and stuffed it with clothes to use as a pillow.... no space wasted taking a pillow then

I've used the frozen caprisun hack and the long drop hook for holding my bag in previous years.... and I rarely queue for a toilet. 

My last visit was before the Co-op arrived... where is it on the site please? 

7 hours ago, wro_lap said:

This is game changing! I've never used foot moisturiser in my life, but last year my feet were tired all festival and slightly got in the way of how good a time I was having! Who knows what wonders this could work. Cheers!

I swear by putting foot powder on in the morning before I put my shoes on, keeps my feet fresh (well as fresh as they can be after 20 hours of walking and dancing).

3 minutes ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

Lovely thread.

I always took a pillow case and stuffed it with clothes to use as a pillow.... no space wasted taking a pillow then

I've used the frozen caprisun hack and the long drop hook for holding my bag in previous years.... and I rarely queue for a toilet. 

My last visit was before the Co-op arrived... where is it on the site please? 

It's near Park Home and Dairy camping.

We lucked in as it's very near our usual camping spot, cold drinks and ice from there were a life saver the last couple of years.

6 minutes ago, coma girl said:

We lucked in as it's very near our usual camping spot, cold drinks and ice from there were a life saver the last couple of years.

Ok great, thanks. Yeah it'll be handy for those things that can really make a difference. 😊 

1 hour ago, coma girl said:

In due course we can get an actual thread going, but I've never been to the co-op and would like an idea about what they sell.. So for starters, I know they don't sell bottled water, but do they sell fizzy water and / or tonic water? Thinking about my mixers...

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 4:29 AM, mike46 said:

Unfortunately phone thefts are all too common, especially on the first nights, so I always use a little carabiner clip to connect my tent zip ties at night. Very easy to get off on the inside but makes it very hard to open from the outside.

This is an excellent tip! I've ordered mine.

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2023 at 10:36 AM, maelzoid said:

In due course we can get an actual thread going, but I've never been to the co-op and would like an idea about what they sell.. So for starters, I know they don't sell bottled water, but do they sell fizzy water and / or tonic water? Thinking about my mixers...

They sell canned water. All the main things mixer wise is in cans.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 1:15 PM, BambooShanks said:

If you're a drinker always, and I mean, always have vodka and Kahlua on your person at all times.  Walk past a milk stand? it's white russian time.  Somewhere sells cold coffee? boy you just got yourself an espresso martini. It's a genuine lifesaver.

The Dude abides! 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 4

I go to a haberdashery and buy a few meters of sewing elastic.  Much cheaper than the small quantities you get on a bit of cardboard in Tesco.  Handy for all kinds of things, with camping, stuffing items into a daypack, making a washing-line (for drying) etc.

On 3/2/2023 at 12:02 PM, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Can you tell I'm wanting to change the subject and change the tone in here 🤣

I'm starting to get excited! Thinking about keeping life as easy as possible while we're there, especially having the kids in tow this year. Couldn't find a thread for 'hacks' so I started one. 

Here's one of mine...maybe an obvious one but was on the long drop last year and thinking, 'they could really just do with some hooks in here so my stuff doesn't end up on the pissy floor' and then it occurred to me...use the latch to keep things up... ta-daaaa! 

20220622_220730.thumb.jpg.c88b00489971523b4c6befc39df2a564.jpg

Must be some more handy tips!

I learned that trick from this very forum.

• Like 1

Bottle of orange Lucozade, 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen before you crash out...... you wake up with no hangover. Don`t leave it until you wake up in the morning, by then it`s 2 late and the hangover is already there.

The only difficulty is remembering to drink/take them, leave them somewhere obvious, on your pillow/ in a bag inside your sleeping bag 🙂 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

Bottle of orange Lucozade, 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen before you crash out...... you wake up with no hangover. Don`t leave it until you wake up in the morning, by then it`s 2 late and the hangover is already there.

The only difficulty is remembering to drink/take them, leave them somewhere obvious, on your pillow/ in a bag inside your sleeping bag 🙂 

I started doing this will the ORS hydration tablets last year. Made up the drinks bottle and left it on my pillow in the morning before heading out. Didn’t have a hangover once all festival. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/2/2023 at 8:37 PM, Skip997 said:

I've got a good one (IMO) to have a great night and avoid a hangover.

Problem is it's not the opinion of some folks on here.

Posted it before and had to have it deleted due to complaints, inc by PM.

So here are the acceptable bits: drink plenty of water, eat well and get some sleep.

But seriously, don't stress about the practicalities, just show up, relax and enjoy. It's all very comfortable and safe these days. Everything you need is there.

I really want to see the original now 🙂

• Upvote 1

On 3/2/2023 at 12:02 PM, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Can you tell I'm wanting to change the subject and change the tone in here 🤣

I'm starting to get excited! Thinking about keeping life as easy as possible while we're there, especially having the kids in tow this year. Couldn't find a thread for 'hacks' so I started one. 

Here's one of mine...maybe an obvious one but was on the long drop last year and thinking, 'they could really just do with some hooks in here so my stuff doesn't end up on the pissy floor' and then it occurred to me...use the latch to keep things up... ta-daaaa! 

20220622_220730.thumb.jpg.c88b00489971523b4c6befc39df2a564.jpg

Must be some more handy tips!

Love this!
I'm sure I've seen it before but had completely forgotten so thanks for the jolly thread! 

If anyone has any camper van specific hacks they want to throw my way I'd gladly take them, it's my first year not camping this year! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ameski18 said:

Love this!
I'm sure I've seen it before but had completely forgotten so thanks for the jolly thread! 

If anyone has any camper van specific hacks they want to throw my way I'd gladly take them, it's my first year not camping this year! 

There’s a thread here:

I've always been a fan of the box of wine but found drinking wine all day a bit have in the taste buds, then I discovered red wine and cola, mix 50/50 with a nice cold cola of choice and you have a lovely cold refreshing (if wierd sounding) drink. 

2 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

I've always been a fan of the box of wine but found drinking wine all day a bit have in the taste buds, then I discovered red wine and cola, mix 50/50 with a nice cold cola of choice and you have a lovely cold refreshing (if wierd sounding) drink. 

Kalimotxo!

I got a bit of a taste for red wine and orange Fanta on an all inclusive holiday, cheap sangria basically.

Edited by coma girl
  • Upvote 1

On 4/3/2023 at 12:51 PM, THEBOILERMAN said:

Tesco superstores do 24 cans of orange lucozade for nine quid. Recyclable cans, Couple of cans in the sleeping bag and you won’t forget to drink them. 

• Upvote 1

A few folks have messaged me to ask for my secret to avoiding hangovers, as if I've discovered some magical new method.

Thankfully this is not the case. The only way IMO to avoid hangovers is to abstain from alcohol, which I've done for many years (lost count) and not just at Glastonbury.

The part of my routine which I omitted due to previous negative reactions is that I take a small amount of MDMA.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2