Self Confirms 2023

Gnomicide

For smaller acts I think it is a good move. They will end up on playlists and people will be checking them out before the massive deluge of the full area/poster drops. If you're out there early, people may give you more time.

Edited by Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

For smaller acts I think it is a good move. They will end up on playlists and people will be checking them out before the massive deluge of the full are/poster drops. If you're out there early, people may give you more time.

Totally agree, makes perfect sense... I went straight to Spotify 🤣

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Would the festival have any control over who self confirms and who doesn’t ? 

It must be in their contracts I’d imagine, otherwise many more would self confirm. It’s generally a pretty tight system, not many of the bigger acts go rogue and announce themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Would the festival have any control over who self confirms and who doesn’t ? 

They clearly do some announcements that are coordinated with the artist and I don’t think many of the names on the first poster are self-confirms so there must be some talk about whether they can self confirm or not. I am sure I have heard interviews where they have said that they can’t say but don’t know if that’s their management or the festival. 

Quite interesting to see how they might be penalised for self confirming or letting info slip accidentally … I guess ideally if bands don’t get announced on the poster it’s still better for the festival if they can hold back some of the higher placed acts for the area announcements .. but the potential for leaks grows as these are booked later and as time advances people are more likely to become lose lipped 

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

For smaller acts I think it is a good move. They will end up on playlists and people will be checking them out before the massive deluge of the full area/poster drops. If you're out there early, people may give you more time.

Very true, once the various posters drop it’s manic trying to look for all those acts that are unfamiliar. A bit of an early heads up can be useful. Heard quite a lot of Gabrielle Aplin,ideal for the Avalon. 

33 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Especially those not on televised stages as the best exposure you'll get is an uplift in your streaming figures. 

Just now, churlie100 said:

hahahaha I can't believe we're actually getting guns 'n roses. West Holts and Other about to have record crowds.

If they didn’t get them with small crowds for Metallica, Kendrick or Gorrilaz when there was a huge exodus I’m not sure GNR will break them! 

58 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

hahahaha I can't believe we're actually getting guns 'n roses. West Holts and Other about to have record crowds.

Er, great? If they don't want to watch one of the biggest rock bands in history at one of the biggest festivals in history then more power to them. As a take it's up there with "no one's going to watch Paul McCartney"

3 minutes ago, UEF said:

Er, great? If they don't want to watch one of the biggest rock bands in history at one of the biggest festivals in history then more power to them. As a take it's up there with "no one's going to watch Paul McCartney"

Oh I absolutely don't deny they've got a huge audience and can completely see why loads of people would go and see them more generally, but I'm not sure if those people are the same people who go to Glastonbury?

Personally I can't stand them, but I'm not going to pretend they aren't a huge and beloved band.

3 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

Oh I absolutely don't deny they've got a huge audience and can completely see why loads of people would go and see them more generally, but I'm not sure if those people are the same people who go to Glastonbury?

Personally I can't stand them, but I'm not going to pretend they aren't a huge and beloved band.

Most of my group seem pretty happy with it. Lots of diff people go to Glasto 🙂