Self Confirms 2023

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm sure we'd know if it had happened, any self confirm on a station like 6 Music is normally posted here and over on Twitter I tend to get at least 5 people telling me.

I was thinking the same - that stuff normally gets snaffled up around here - though maybe it got lost in the vortex of the headliner thread 🙂 

5 hours ago, p.pete said:

That fits with the wording of their initial message - flattering to have offers, including from G, but they may not actually have said yes

Noticed your use of their/they - am I misgendering Ren? I wasn't aware that he (they?) identified as non-binary or used they/their for any other reason?

Just checking that I get it right in future, ta.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Noticed your use of their/they - am I misgendering Ren? I wasn't aware that he (they?) identified as non-binary or used they/their for any other reason?

Just checking that I get it right in future, ta.

Fucked if I know, sorry.

On 1/15/2023 at 5:24 PM, mike86 said:

Skilled headlined the other stage last time he played. Wonder if they're playing together. 

They'll probably be on at Rabbit Hole on the Thurs or something similarly obscene haha 😞 although Arcadia could be good - although I seem to remember Four Tet's set there last year was so rammed I couldn't even get in the field. 

1 hour ago, WStoner said:

They'll probably be on at Rabbit Hole on the Thurs or something similarly obscene haha 😞 although Arcadia could be good - although I seem to remember Four Tet's set there last year was so rammed I couldn't even get in the field. 

Probably more due to Calvin after than Four Tet himself, given four tet did several sets over the weekend

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Yeah, helping people is overrated 

Lol 

Naa but preaching it is.. I think he might need help soon tho.. 

I know this beach very well but didn't realise he lived there but Burton Bradstock is infamous for land slides.. Look how close that wall is.. 

Don't get me wrong he does a lot of work for charity etc and has made a lot of money singing about rebellion and some are good songs.. 

Just this one time walking past and listening and thinking wot a load of bollox old son and probably went and watched DreadZone lol 

21657098-7742301-image-a-23_1575147874840.jpg

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I remember at Croissant Neuf. It was rammed and there was a mass surge of people going under the side tent bit to get in.

I was just outside got to about 1m from edge of tent and saw the perspiration dripping off the roof and thought fuck this … good thing it’s not gonna be on Thursday 

Edited by Crazyfool01

17 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Lol 

Naa but preaching it is.. I think he might need help soon tho.. 

I know this beach very well but didn't realise he lived there but Burton Bradstock is infamous for land slides.. Look how close that wall is.. 

Don't get me wrong he does a lot of work for charity etc and has made a lot of money singing about rebellion and some are good songs.. 

Just this one time walking past and listening and thinking wot a load of bollox old son and probably went and watched DreadZone lol 

21657098-7742301-image-a-23_1575147874840.jpg

I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick mate on the mention of Billy Bragg…

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Hopefully this is the start of the floodgates openning 🙂 I do wonder what the criteria are for self confirms … why do some do it and not others ? 

Some big names are probably asked not to until poster stage, some won’t do it because they have tickets to sell as well.