Self Confirms 2023

Gnomicide

14 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Quite interesting to see how they might be penalised for self confirming or letting info slip accidentally … I guess ideally if bands don’t get announced on the poster it’s still better for the festival if they can hold back some of the higher placed acts for the area announcements .. but the potential for leaks grows as these are booked later and as time advances people are more likely to become lose lipped 

Penalised? Do you think Emily will give them detention? 

Just now, T-Mouse said:

Could GnRs impending confirmation be a case of them being backup to Taylor? Albeit with significantly more notice

, very different, metallicca would have been on the bill if prince had played

35 minutes ago, Neil said:

, very different, metallicca would have been on the bill if prince had played

Never knew that Prince was even in the frame for 2014. Kinda thought the 2011 episode was that and done.

Any insights Neil as to why he decided not to play in 2014?

3 minutes ago, Janaka said:

Never knew that Prince was even in the frame for 2014. Kinda thought the 2011 episode was that and done.

when they tried again they put a big back-up plan in place, kasabian were booked to headline if prince didn't, and metalica were booked to headline other stage against prince (if he played).

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

when they tried again they put a big back-up plan in place, kasabian were booked to headline if prince didn't, and metalica were booked to headline other stage against prince (if he played).

Like ordering Wagyu Beef, but having an out of date Pot Noodle instead

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Neil said:

that was a low point, as was rod stewart.

I accidentally fell asleep in the tent when Rod was on. I wanted to see him... just to take the opportunity really.. I think my body overruled my mind.. I'm ok with that.

19 minutes ago, Janaka said:

i think (guessing) he'd lost belief of being able to get a fair deal in europe, because of a few things which had happened.

2 hours ago, K2SO said:

Is GnR the weirdest headline booking the festival have done? It just doesn't feel very Glasto 😂

heritage rock band plays glasto... I dunno man, it feels pretty on-brand to me

The way some of you lot are carrying on it's like they've announced Deftones for the Acoustic 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Less weird than The Communards

The Communards were very big in the red wedge movement etc and were pretty big at the time so I'd have thought they fit in ok given that the festival wasn't the size and scale it is now. 

I'd still be 100% up for a Jimmy Sommerville appearance.