Camping Plans for 2024

Supernintendo Chalmers

It's looking like my group and I will be looking for somewhere new to camp this year. I have the added complication of Thursday entry to contend with also. After camping in the Theatre & Circus crew area for the past five years, I'll be out amongst it again, so I have some research to do. 

Where's everyone planning to camp this year, and why that area? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's looking like my group and I will be looking for somewhere new to camp this year. I have the added complication of Thursday entry to contend with also. After camping in the Theatre & Circus crew area for the past five years, I'll be out amongst it again, so I have some research to do. 

Where's everyone planning to camp this year, and why that area? 

Where do you want to be nearest to.  

And how will you arrive? Which gate? 

Friends who come Thursday by coach usually go around Pylon area and seems ok. I used to like South Park/Park Home when I was public camping. 

1 minute ago, marathonsteve said:

Where do you want to be nearest to.  

That's one of the many things I'll work out over the next few weeks. I've camped in Dairy, Pennards, Hitchen Hill a few times and even in Cockmill once. I'm considering Bushy or Pylon. Easy in, easy out and I don't mind the walk back to camp. We'll see...

For Thursday, if nobody is holding a spot for you, then I always take the view that the best approach is to not plan for a specific field and instead talk to the Campsite Crew once through the gates. They can advise you on the state of play. Obvious expect to be somewhere towards the outskirts though.

Failing that, I'd maybe aim for Lime Kiln, though be aware that it's on a fairly noticeable slope.

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

And how will you arrive? Which gate? 

Friends who come Thursday by coach usually go around Pylon area and seems ok. I used to like South Park/Park Home when I was public camping. 

PGA. So Pylon might be a good place to start. As I say, I don't mind a long walk back to camp in the morning. Many a random adventure has been had on the journey back from the south east corner to camp...

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m going to aim for somewhere as far from headliner thread as possible … things may change 

Hopefully you’ll be able to hear GnR from there! 😆

• Upvote 1

It's our first ever Glastonbury this year, We will be coming down by coach but we are unsure on where to camp, we were thinking on one of the hill sites but not sure if sleeping on a slant would be ideal! 

Not really fussed about the late night stages so don't really need to be near them 

any suggestions? 

10 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Just interested to see where people intend to camp, and why.

We'll be in Paines again, I'm sure. Works perfectly for us. Flat, not the chaos of Oxlyers or Pennard Hill, perfect for Park, quick to Glade and you're well positioned to strike then to SEC, Greenfields, WH, Other. We really like it! By Thursday, pretty full for a group coming in, mind! 

Ben

19 minutes ago, Liam_G said:

It's our first ever Glastonbury this year, We will be coming down by coach but we are unsure on where to camp, we were thinking on one of the hill sites but not sure if sleeping on a slant would be ideal! 

Not really fussed about the late night stages so don't really need to be near them 

any suggestions? 

How big is you group? Age? Where will you spend most of your time? 

Ben

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

How big is you group? Age? Where will you spend most of your time? 

Ben

Only two of us (a couple) 31 and 37, probably at the stages, my missus isn't into any dance music so i very much doubt we will be heading to the naughty corner every night haha 

We are quite boring and don't mine peace and quiet 😄 

We normally go in as the gate opens on Wednesday and camp in Rivermead but we're planning to arrive mid morning Wednesday instead so that might be too full (4 tents). We'll probably end up somewhere in Bushy instead as we come in through PGD. That side of the site is a great camping spot, it's not that far from anywhere really and if you're going to the SEC then with no crowds, the slow bimble back in the early hours won't take any time at all.

I’m in early enough to get the choice of any field. I’ve always chosen Pennards and it’s always worked well for me. Puts me right next to places I love; a little sit down/cheeky snooze on the hill, the lovely Park field, green futures and the chilled vibe that way. The only thing that’s a pain to get to is JP but there’s hardly anything I want to see there anyway.

The Pyramid is a slight annoyance to get to as well, so if there’s a lot on it I want to see this year I’m considering Row Mead or Big Ground to change things up. Otherwise probably business as usual. 

22 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

We're in Worthy View this year after camping next to a bin and the path in Oxylers last year...

Quick question, i remember hearing there's a shuttle bus from coach drop off round to Worthy View but i can't seem to find information on it. Have i made this up?

Yes there is one!

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

We'll be in Paines again, I'm sure. Works perfectly for us. Flat, not the chaos of Oxlyers or Pennard Hill, perfect for Park, quick to Glade and you're well positioned to strike then to SEC, Greenfields, WH, Other. We really like it! By Thursday, pretty full for a group coming in, mind! 

Ben

Hoping that one or two of our gang (who have standard tickets) will enter on Wednesday morning and take our tents in. I'll have a look at Tort's guide re: Paines. Thanks, Ben

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Liam_G said:

Only two of us (a couple) 31 and 37, probably at the stages, my missus isn't into any dance music so i very much doubt we will be heading to the naughty corner every night haha 

We are quite boring and don't mine peace and quiet 😄 

First time for me last year - camped in Hitchin Hill. Right by coach entrance so easy to get in. Close to John Peel and Pyramid. Bit of a long walk back from SE corner, but if your not bothered / pissed it doesnt matter. The slope didnt bother me at all - barely noticed it apart from being slightly further down the air bed in the moring. 

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to Camping Plans for 2024