Camping Plans for 2024

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 hour ago, Liam_G said:

Only two of us (a couple) 31 and 37, probably at the stages, my missus isn't into any dance music so i very much doubt we will be heading to the naughty corner every night haha 

We are quite boring and don't mine peace and quiet 😄 

Any idea what time you will arrive yet or at least wed/thurs - thats the key thing for knowing choice.

Closer to the main stuff means less walking. With just two of you if you arrive before about 3pm on Wednesday with a bit of searching you should be able to squeeze a tent in just about anywhere.

1 hour ago, Liam_G said:

Only two of us (a couple) 31 and 37, probably at the stages, my missus isn't into any dance music so i very much doubt we will be heading to the naughty corner every night haha 

We are quite boring and don't mine peace and quiet 😄 

We camped at Lime Kiln, peaceful, near pyramid and JP, good long drops nearby as well as food outlets. Always had nice neighbours.  Lovely views to the Tor and over the site. Not too busy either. 

Always camped on Hitchin Hill, but think we'd like to go somewhere a bit flatter this year (as long as it's a dry one), as found it a bit trickier on the slope last year.

Any suggestions for somewhere flat, but not too loud, don't get there ridiculously early, will probably get in late morning/lunchtime on the Wednesday

ill be in my usual spot of just outside the JP field on the drag from gate A,  pending a reasonably timed bus on the wed ..... Got it booked early so im optimistic , upsides not ridiculous cramped and I like that side of the site quick walk in from gate A and not a long stroll to pointed one , downsides food vendors not incredible .... if your camped in that neck of the WOODS and see me feel free to pop into camp for a cider 🙂 

26 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Always camped on Hitchin Hill, but think we'd like to go somewhere a bit flatter this year (as long as it's a dry one), as found it a bit trickier on the slope last year.

Any suggestions for somewhere flat, but not too loud, don't get there ridiculously early, will probably get in late morning/lunchtime on the Wednesday

The bottom of Hitchin Hill

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 1

Last year our crew got the coach from Bath so we were all able to get a space in Pennard Hill.  Camped there a couple of times and it's the perfect location as it's close to the areas we love.

This year we're going by car in 2-3 groups from various parts of the country so it's not likely that we will all get in the queue in time to bag a spot in Pennard so will most likely end up in either Park Home, Paines or South Park depending on when we arrive.

I'm happy with either of them - obviously Park Home or Pennard Hill is the dream but I'll take whatever I can get!

All our mates did WV last year so despite all the negative reports we (two of us) thought it might be easy for a single tent to squeeze into Pennards, ended up about halfway down the hill right next to steward base.

We had no issues and picking up some cold cans between stages was an absolute dream after years of doing Bushy, Dairy, Paines etc. Even managed a few quick naps to recharge a bit at quieter times in the day. Definitely going back this year.

1 hour ago, BambooShanks said:

Last year our crew got the coach from Bath so we were all able to get a space in Pennard Hill.  Camped there a couple of times and it's the perfect location as it's close to the areas we love.

This year we're going by car in 2-3 groups from various parts of the country so it's not likely that we will all get in the queue in time to bag a spot in Pennard so will most likely end up in either Park Home, Paines or South Park depending on when we arrive.

I'm happy with either of them - obviously Park Home or Pennard Hill is the dream but I'll take whatever I can get!

What time did you get onsite and how many people? Seems very quick - i guess no queue for a coach that early right?

Have always stayed in Oxlyers. Never really understood the apparent bad rep it gets, never had any trouble at all and don't even think I've had noisy neighbours.

Love the location. Right by Other Stage of course but also close to Arcadia and Park. Handy little cut through up to John Peek through Silver Hayes too. Only downside is that SE Corner is a bit of a mission but I normally go there after being at a stage or something anyway. Only time I am doing that walk directly is heading back to my tent at the end of the night.

Also if you time it right the compost loos just off the railway track near Other Stage are a lot nicer than the long drops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BambooShanks said:

Hey, our group are getting the coach from Bath this year (last year we got the coach from elsewhere). Just wanted to quickly ask you if you don't mind, A) where abouts in Bath do the coaches run from? B) what time was your coach from Bath last year? Thank you. 

7 hours ago, gfa said:

Any idea what time you will arrive yet or at least wed/thurs - thats the key thing for knowing choice.

Closer to the main stuff means less walking. With just two of you if you arrive before about 3pm on Wednesday with a bit of searching you should be able to squeeze a tent in just about anywhere.

Yeah we will be arriving by coach on the Wednesday around lunch time 

30 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Its busy, its noisy, its near crap foodstalls, its always windy and it stinks of human piss and human and bovine shit. 

Honestly, maybe it’s because I stay in the further part of the field from Other Stage (there is a path that splits the field) but I never experience any of that. I can imagine the closer to Other you camp that may be the case but I can honestly say I’ve never had any of that.

Although the toilets by Silver Hayes are always an abomination.

On 1/11/2023 at 10:17 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That's one of the many things I'll work out over the next few weeks. I've camped in Dairy, Pennards, Hitchen Hill a few times and even in Cockmill once. I'm considering Bushy or Pylon. Easy in, easy out and I don't mind the walk back to camp. We'll see...

We always camp Bushy now (since 2015) and I really like it. We come in via gate A so it's easy, there's usually plenty of space (although people here did say it was busier this year) and it's not too noisy at night. Bit of a walk to some areas and we never spend much time in Silver Hayes, which it's closest to, but I quite like the little walk to wind down at the end of the night.

From 2008 to 2013 I did Park Home, but we used to get there when doors opened. Never slept well there as too noisy and there is less space for camping where we used to now.

Did Darble in 2014 as my best mate had a bad back and couldn't carry our camping stuff further than just inside gate A. Quite a nice field, but a loooong walk to everything.

We will most likely go Bushy again this year.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

13 hours ago, gfa said:

https://www.glastoearth.com/

have a look at this too - part 3 is on campsites 🙂 worth remembering coaches go to Gate A (north west of the site)

thank you! yeah we noticed coaches go to Gate A which is why we considered Lime Kiln or Hitchin Hill But we are worried about the slopes, is it really that bad? 

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to Camping Plans for 2024