Resale success rate

Crazyfool01

Well I've never failed, however personally I've needed to rely on someone else to succeed in either sale or resale in get them in either sale or resale during the last decade. 

In the March resale @mjfiddy did the magic for me and in the sale November it was @Crazyfool01

Suffice to say my own confidence is diminished, as I was using multiple IPs and devices and barely got a sniff.

Next time I'll be trying edge instead of chrome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Does 08 even count? Could've toddled up to the gate on Friday morning and bought a ticket, walked in, cracked out a unit in the disabled portaloo and had a beer in hand by midday.

Technically there was no resale in 2008.

The deposit system didn't exist yet, so the April 2008 sale was the first stab at tickets, and it just never sold out (until, they claim, the Friday of the Festival).

10 minutes ago, incident said:

Technically there was no resale in 2008.

The deposit system didn't exist yet, so the April 2008 sale was the first stab at tickets, and it just never sold out (until, they claim, the Friday of the Festival).

Wild to think that was only 15 years ago. Just 10 festivals and it's all changed! 

On 1/2/2023 at 5:20 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

ok to give some hope to people planning on trying for the resale , what is your success rate ? or did you not try after main sale ? 

Old son it's just getting stupid.. We used to get a real good group together but now it's just a a few if any.... Luckily my son got through for us but none of my friends got through and we have / had a really good system.. 

I know there's no reason unless you believe in conspiracies but it really does seem that people that have been going for years say 15plus are no longer getting tickets where as there's a lot of newbies who are getting tickets.. Fuck knows the reason but I do know that I see less and less vets going nowadays even tho I know they are still going for tix. 

Good luck tho old son.. I'll be on hand tix day. G

5 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Old son it's just getting stupid.. We used to get a real good group together but now it's just a a few if any.... Luckily my son got through for us but none of my friends got through and we have / had a really good system.. 

I know there's no reason unless you believe in conspiracies but it really does seem that people that have been going for years say 15plus are no longer getting tickets where as there's a lot of newbies who are getting tickets.. Fuck knows the reason but I do know that I see less and less vets going nowadays even tho I know they are still going for tix. 

Good luck tho old son.. I'll be on hand tix day. G

Unfortunately it gives advantage to those who plan the sales in military fashion … fortunately this time we did and got them … the festival needs newbies or it will just die . It’s unfortunate for vets but that’s how things are … still humans with 2 arms and 2 legs ( mostly ) 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Unfortunately it gives advantage to those who plan the sales in military fashion … fortunately this time we did and got them … the festival needs newbies or it will just die . It’s unfortunate for vets but that’s how things are … still humans with 2 arms and 2 legs ( mostly ) 

Yea we were not SO military this year because most can't be bothered but believe me we were fucking organised old son.. Big time.. And yea of course it needs youngsters but also us vets have spent a lot of time and money but if you see some of the videos from other festivals where the young people go I fucking hope they grow up before they go to glasto.. 

Fuckkkkkkkkk now I'm even sounding old 

Peace and love 

Bye 

Lol. G

5 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Wild to think that was only 15 years ago. Just 10 festivals and it's all changed! 

Prompted me to look at some old correspondence.

This is from February 2007:-
"Thank you for registering for Glastonbury 2007.

Your registration number is nnnnnnn.

This email does not constitute acceptance of your photograph. Photographs will be checked manually and you will be contacted again if you are required to re-register with a better image.

Please remember that registration DOES NOT reserve or guarantee you a ticket and you will still need to revisit the site on 1st April with your registration number to purchase tickets.

You may edit your registration details and view your photograph at www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk.

Don't forget - tickets go on sale 1st April 2007!"

I'm wondering if resale is slightly more successful because by then people may have already booked summer holidays etc, not wanting to wait until the resale.

I can't remember exactly but I am pretty sure that I got luckier in resale in the past decade than in general. Once during the good old secret may sales if I remember well.

1 hour ago, moogster said:

I'm wondering if resale is slightly more successful because by then people may have already booked summer holidays etc, not wanting to wait until the resale.

I can't remember exactly but I am pretty sure that I got luckier in resale in the past decade than in general. Once during the good old secret may sales if I remember well.

Yep an awful lot of people will drop out of wanting to do resales in the next few months. Winter is tough with nothing to look forward to and plan properly so people will start opting for sunny holidays or other festivals where they like the line up. I understand how they feel. The wait is excruciating and I know my other half doesn’t like it. If we hadn’t gotten our tickets I would have had a job on my hands convincing him to wait for resale. There’s also lots of practical reasons for some people why it’s hard to leave it until the last minute eg child or pet care, getting the time off work etc. 

23 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep an awful lot of people will drop out of wanting to do resales in the next few months. Winter is tough with nothing to look forward to and plan properly so people will start opting for sunny holidays or other festivals where they like the line up. I understand how they feel. The wait is excruciating and I know my other half doesn’t like it. If we hadn’t gotten our tickets I would have had a job on my hands convincing him to wait for resale. There’s also lots of practical reasons for some people why it’s hard to leave it until the last minute eg child or pet care, getting the time off work etc. 

Yeah definitely. I've failed in the main sale three times and only one of those times did I wait for the resale (2014). In 2016 and 2022 I couldn't handle the wait so decided to book other things instead.

Reading this thread is certainly helping to build the confidence for April. I'd already been feeling pretty positive about it from the moment the fab resale groups sprung up and from re-reading last year's exciting resale threads on the T-days (thoroughly recommend searching these out).

2 hours ago, Fingerbobs said:

Reading this thread is certainly helping to build the confidence for April. I'd already been feeling pretty positive about it from the moment the fab resale groups sprung up and from re-reading last year's exciting resale threads on the T-days (thoroughly recommend searching these out).

The exact reason i set this thread up … I remember feeling pretty dispondant initially after failure  but actually the chances are pretty decent if you can hang on in there . There are also opportunity’s with work and competitions … not for everyone but some on those sheets can be ticked off this way and then the help is there come Resale time . 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Same here. We've th added hassle of flights and maybe a hotel the night before. And if we don't get a ticket its a double pisser because we can't book anything else until after resale day. 

I'm 50/50 if Ill bother this year anyway. Couple of of weeks in Albania/Macedonia might do the trick instead. 

This thread has give me some hope, on this dark gloomy January afternoon. The success rate seems very positive.

First time trying for myself (along with a dozen or so unsuccessful friends). Happy to jump on a Wednesday coach from anywhere south of the North West tbh, will just travel to wherever I need to on the Tuesday; will be giving myself 2 bites at the cherry anyway 🤞

First time resaler here too. Have always managed to get stragglers in our group sorted via them in previous years (sometimes bus, sometimes general, usually try both when we have friends that have missed out (back in the days, even the secret resales!). Just feels weird being the one without a ticket for once!