Brixton Crush

gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I listened to that earlier. I didn't expect the system to be perfect but from what is in that program, it sounds like the training system is horrifically rotten. Obviously there are good security chaps and some are absolute wrong uns. 

I'm sure we've all met (and even had run ins with) both. Of course it's the latter that we remember. Untrained wrong uns are a ticking time bomb. 

If I remember later, I'll post one of my favourite security prats stories. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, zahidf said:

20240304_092549.jpg

That's so poor.

Presumably they've had to book some total crap that'll attract an older, less enthusiastic crowd, so that they can ease in gently with the new entry systems.

1 minute ago, smogo said:

That's so poor.

Presumably they've had to book some total crap that'll attract an older, less enthusiastic crowd, so that they can ease in gently with the new entry systems.

It's basically what's called a soft launch.

Very sensible 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, smogo said:

That's so poor.

Won't be anything to do with older or less enthusiastic.

Just capacity. It's normal that a venue opening, or re-opening after substantial changes will be required to do a couple events at reduced capacity.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Seems like a sensible approach to me

Yup, it's just a test event.

Much like when Wembley reopened they started with schoolboy and U21 matches rather than jumping straight into the heavy stuff.

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

100% agree - start with soft launch, test out new safety measures and staff with reduced crowds / pressure. 

Great news for us south London-dwelling music lovers, hope all goes smoothly 🤞

9 hours ago, smogo said:

That's so poor.

9 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

It's basically what's called a soft launch.

Very sensible 

9 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, I mean, they want to be confident this approach in re-opening the venues works and this seems like a good way to do it.

I was beginning to wonder if it might just never re-open so I guess we now have an answer to that.

6 hours ago, gigpusher said:

That's in place at a lot of venues these days. Ever since Manchester Arena bombing most Manchester venues have had this in place.

I've seen a version of this policy at some stadium shows before. So I assumed this was just a regular thing anyway.

53 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I've seen a version of this policy at some stadium shows before. So I assumed this was just a regular thing anyway.

It's a standard thing now, no bags larger than A4 size 

Just bought Editors tickets as I can’t wait to get back to my favourite venue. Interestingly massive terms as you went to buy saying all tickets must be transferred to individual holder and you can’t all get in on one phone which is definitely new 

15 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Interestingly massive terms as you went to buy saying all tickets must be transferred to individual holder and you can’t all get in on one phone which is definitely new 

Had to do that for a Sam Fender arena gig last year. Felt like a reaction to the Brixton events, as it was soon after. Haven't had to do it since. Was probably slowing things down at the door, ironically making things worse.

Very pleased to see it re-open but rather selfishly hope everyone does not revert back to playing Brixton all the time. I have come to love the Troxy, which picked up alot of gigs while Brixton was closed.

Selfishly, it's much easy for me to get to and think its a decent venue. So, hope it has found it's place on the circuit and not just a stop gap for bookers while Brixton was closed.