Guns n Roses

Muppetmark

On 1/21/2023 at 1:17 PM, LoveAndTheft said:

Guns n Roses headlining I think is going to be pretty dull unless you are a huge fan. So with Arctic Monkeys on Friday and Elton on Sunday, we basically have 3 oldies acts. Quite surprised they have gone with that.

Too many youngsters spending too long at the pyramid and not looking at the other 100+ stages. That’ll sort it lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Sadly there was probably nobody else

In a world where artists make much of their cash from live touring is Glasto’s  model making it more difficult to get Pyramid headliners now than in the past? Discuss.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Breeze said:

In a world where artists make much of their cash from live touring is Glasto’s  model making it more difficult to get Pyramid headliners now than in the past? Discuss.

It's a fair point. I'm convinced they only secured GnR because they also have the more lucrative BST show to top up the funds the following week. 

I think Elton finally understands that the slot is more than the fee. Maybe GFL double-down on the television coverage and post-festival sales usually associated with headlining? This isn't going to fly for everyone though. Some artists will be all about that cash up front. It is what it is. 

11 minutes ago, Breeze said:

That and in a world of streaming. I hear so many people talking about do they have the hits because the single are all some people pay attention to if they are not a favourite band of yours. Bands like Oasis, AM and Coldplay (1st times) would have had relatively few hits but everyone would have been playing albums then so people would know the album tracks as well. 

18 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Normally I'd be all over this and roasting his voice but it is a performance at a funeral so I think it's a bit harsh to comment on this given the context.

I mean, if we're going to go there, Elton's performance at Diana's wasn't all that either...

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gazzared said:

sounds fine to me, from 2 mins you can here he's still got his voice . If you dont like guns n roses or axel or both then "dont cry" and watch something else - simple

Really enjoyed that. Its a meaningful song, sung at his friends funeral.

On 1/21/2023 at 1:49 PM, Florian Saucer Attack said:

They never actually broke up. There was just long periods of inactivity and endless delays in making Chinese democracy 

I think the day most, if not all ? the other members of the band left / were sacked by Axl back in the mid 90's, was the moment the band broke up.

Just because Axl continued to use the name for years afterwards, doesn't mean Axl and his session friends / bucket headed guitarists were GnR in anything other than legally owned name.