Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Who would guest with him? Would love Dua of course.

Maybe Eminem, so Reg could have some hip hop after having his hip op😉

5 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

You laugh but he did actually work with Em, he did the chorus on the Live version of Stan on Curtain Call. Think he’s a bit beyond hip hop now though! 😂

They're mates

35 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

No problem with Elton playing, just let's have artists in the appropriate slots. I don't like him, but he is a legend, get him in that slot, free up the headline slot for someone more contemporary.

I didn't get to see either due to clashes but Bille and Kendrick are the sort of booking they should be looking at for headliners. Saw Billie in 2019, she was very good.

They make bookings like Billie and Kendrick every year though - Stormzy, Sheeran, Adele, hell even Mumfords…

The beauty of Glastonbury is that you can get both up and coming new headliners and legends like Elton on the same bill.

• Upvote 1

Look I’m not arguing that AM, GNR, Elton are weak headliners. In fact, it’s been a while since we’ve had three extremely established headliners at the top.

It does just feel a bit like a pivot away from what they’ve been doing for the past few years. I do think it’s a massive shame they’ve not taken a chance on someone a bit younger. It also feels a bit questionable when you think that AM may be dull as usual and GNR may sound past it.

I’m sure the rest of the bill will be impressive, but you can’t deny it’s missing a massive “stop the world” contemporary act. My friends I’ve shared the trio with simply can’t believe that there isn’t a younger act or a female headlining, they think the rumours are wrong. You can throw all sorts of arguments to make all three look like the best trio ever, but it doesn’t take away valid feelings people have about it.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd agree. But given the demand for the stadium tour, still an enormous booking.

Oh I’m not doubting they are big enough, but having headlined twice already, had a mixed last couple of albums and some lacklustre recents shows it all feels rather… meh.

Elton’s a legend and GnR have the intrigue… Arctic Monkeys are just there.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Look I’m not disputing that AM, GNR, Elton are weak headliners. In fact, it’s been a while since we’ve had three extremely established headliners at the top.

It does just feel a bit like a pivot away from what they’ve been doing in the past few years. I do think it’s a massive shame they’ve not taken a chance on someone a bit younger. It also feels a bit questionable when you think that AM may be dull as usual and GNR sounding past it.

I’m sure the rest of the bill will be impressive, but you can’t deny it’s missing a massive “stop the world” contemporary act. My friends I’ve shared the trio with simply can’t believe that there isn’t a younger act, or even a female, headlining. You can throw all sorts of arguments to make all three look like the best trio ever, but it doesn’t take away valid feelings people have about it.

As always they can only book who is available and willing.

Makes me wonder if they put all their eggs in the Taylor basket and after that didn’t happen there weren’t many other options.

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

OK so.....there was no public announcement from Emily at the Chesse & Grain this evening......what was later said between just Emily, Nick, myself and Mrs Parsonjack in a deserted Palmer Street remains between us at present.....but you may not have long to wait.

🙂

Tell us all you little slag 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

OK so.....there was no public announcement from Emily at the Chesse & Grain this evening......what was later said between just Emily, Nick, myself and Mrs Parsonjack in a deserted Palmer Street remains between us at present.....but you may not have long to wait.

🙂

S0d Elton. I’m more interested in how you became pals with Emily!? 

• Upvote 1