Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Isn't Madge a massive Anglophile from her time here with Guy Ritchie? She'll be well aware of the festival and its cultural status. Can easily see it happening one day, similar to Elton where everyone previously thought money was an issue. She's worth nigh on a billion dollars, she doesn't need the fee but I can imagine the cred and publicity wouldn't go amiss. 

I’m sorry but if you pay that £400+ you deserve the earth to swallow up and consume you - one 2 hour show for £400? Talk about getting mugged off.

I remember when gigs were fairly priced and people could actually afford to go to then. Nowadays it’s just ridiculous.

im 35 - by the time I die it’ll be £200 for pub gigs at this rate!

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I’m sorry but if you pay that £400+ you deserve the earth to swallow up and consume you - one 2 hour show for £400? Talk about getting mugged off.

I remember when gigs were fairly priced and people could actually afford to go to then. Nowadays it’s just ridiculous.

Unfortunately as long as people keep paying these kinds of prices, which they will, then they’ll continue to go up. I’m sure there will have to be some kind of breaking point eventually, but I don’t think we’re close to it yet.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

It’ll sell out, which shows people can afford to pay it. 

Can’t think of a single act I’d pay £400 for personally, maybe a reformed Daft Punk at a stretch, but while others continue to shell out, prices will continue on this trend unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

It’ll sell out, which shows people can afford to pay it. 

I’m not sure that’s totally true. Don’t underestimate the craziness of Madge fans. One I know definitely can’t afford that but would sell a testicle to be able to! 

Just now, Suprefan said:

Theres a thread on the Madonna sub which has people posting what theyve spent or be willing to pay. Somebody dropped 3 grand total on 7 gigs. Also saw somebody else asking about ticket transfer because their friend didnt have enough space on their credit card to get tickets. 

And then people wonder why prices are so high. Won't be long before all gigs are solely for the well off. I mean we are practically there already. 

8 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

And then people wonder why prices are so high. Won't be long before all gigs are solely for the well off. I mean we are practically there already. 

Well the true test is in a few hours here when everyone has access to the presales with generic passwords and platinum pricing kicks in along with dynamic. How fast will these gigs sell out and how many will they add is the whole deal. These people think this is like the Taylor Swift massacre when its really just another everyday arena tour onsale.

i mean its kinda happened with whats avail. But they didnt sell all the tickets yet

8E2AC589-527D-4AD2-B801-41BBDFF292F0.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Mate just posted on our WhatsApp group that he logged into the Live Nation presale and there were 66,000 people in front of him in the queue.

That’s three O2’s worth of demand alone, and the Live Nation sale isn’t even that well publicised.

Only 3,100 ahead of me when I got in the queue - got through really quickly from there and nothing available at all.  Even checked the silly price tickets and nada!