Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Mate just posted on our WhatsApp group that he logged into the Live Nation presale and there were 66,000 people in front of him in the queue.

That’s three O2’s worth of demand alone, and the Live Nation sale isn’t even that well publicised.

Crazy isn't it. I got in the queue on the slim chance there'd still be some of the cheap tickets left when I got to the front. Still 20k people ahead of me!

What single show would I spend £430 on? I can't even fathom it. I saw Elton John for under £100 in a field last year and also got Rina, Gabriels and more. The only bigger artist left alive is Macca and my favourite band is still under £100 as well. 

Did anyone see what resales were like for that Taylor Hawkins tribute gig in London? Would have been the scummiest resale ever, dunno if such a thing was possible at the time. I'd have paid £400 for that but that's a six-hour show with multiple legends. 

Edited by BenG92

I got into AXS venue presale after about 10 minutes in the queue.  Initially there was nothing left, but I refreshed a few times and got allocated 2 seats in row A of 409 (front row of the back section on the top level) for a total of £290.  I passed on the opportunity, but if they'd been the same seats in 402 or 421 I'd probably have taken them.

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

It’ll sell out, which shows people can afford to pay it. 

Can’t think of a single act I’d pay £400 for personally, maybe a reformed Daft Punk at a stretch, but while others continue to shell out, prices will continue on this trend unfortunately. 

An act I really want to see being £400 wouldn't put me off because of the money but the crowd it would attract (unless all standing)

1 minute ago, gfa said:

An act I really want to see being £400 wouldn't put me off because of the money but the crowd it would attract (unless all standing)

One of my previous highest priced tickets was The Stones at Manc Arena in 2003. The crowd round me (in the gods) were very subdued.

They did Sweet Virginia though so it was all worth it.

24 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

One of my previous highest priced tickets was The Stones at Manc Arena in 2003. The crowd round me (in the gods) were very subdued.

They did Sweet Virginia though so it was all worth it.

Yeah - Stones fans have been the canary in the coalmine for exorbitant ticket prices for decades now.

For a one off gig I don't think I could justify anything north of £100.  Reality being at that price, you're into huge acts in stadia or large arenas, which I hate anyway for various reasons.

One of the biggest bands still touring that I would love to see are Depeche Mode and no way on earth would I pay what they're asking for at the moment.

19 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

For a one off gig I don't think I could justify anything north of £100.  Reality being at that price, you're into huge acts in stadia or large arenas, which I hate anyway for various reasons.

One of the biggest bands still touring that I would love to see are Depeche Mode and no way on earth would I pay what they're asking for at the moment.

There are some seats on the Memento Mori tour (in Europe) for EUR52 + fees. Not premium seats, but good value. Of course you need travel and accommodation (as you probably would if you lived outside of London) but as someone said above, combined as a weekend away it's probably the way to go

5 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Did anyone see what resales were like for that Taylor Hawkins tribute gig in London? Would have been the scummiest resale ever, dunno if such a thing was possible at the time. I'd have paid £400 for that but that's a six-hour show with multiple legends. 

Pretty sure I saw some face value tickets on twickets for that one. Was pretty close to pushing the button, but in the end the logistics proved too difficult.

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Mate just posted on our WhatsApp group that he logged into the Live Nation presale and there were 66,000 people in front of him in the queue.

That’s three O2’s worth of demand alone, and the Live Nation sale isn’t even that well publicised.

Honestly, it's a very small tour for Madonna to put on in England. She could near enough tell anything she wanted to. But at those prices, if she's not going to do Glastonbury in the 24/25 you'd imagine it's a no. 

6 hours ago, BenG92 said:

What single show would I spend £430 on? I can't even fathom it. I saw Elton John for under £100 in a field last year and also got Rina, Gabriels and more. The only bigger artist left alive is Macca and my favourite band is still under £100 as well. 

£400 for the Taylor Tribute show? It was a very good night but I wouldn't have paid a lot more than what I did.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Honestly, it's a very small tour for Madonna to put on in England. She could near enough tell anything she wanted to. But at those prices, if she's not going to do Glastonbury in the 24/25 you'd imagine it's a no. 

£400 for the Taylor Tribute show? It was a very good night but I wouldn't have paid a lot more than what I did.

Obviously would have liked to pay less (couldn't even go at the time) but I can't think of anything else I'd have paid that for given who rocked up. Seeing most of Rush whip out YYZ would be incredible on its own even without Neil

7 hours ago, BenG92 said:

AC FUCKING DC in Buenos Aires. Give me that.

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

There are some seats on the Memento Mori tour (in Europe) for EUR52 + fees. Not premium seats, but good value. Of course you need travel and accommodation (as you probably would if you lived outside of London) but as someone said above, combined as a weekend away it's probably the way to go

I’d be tempted but Mrs 4AM isn’t a huge fan so probably wouldn’t go for it.

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

15th added with the 17th and 18th forthcoming.

One thing to put forward though… I don’t think this is actually a rich v poor thing. I don’t think this makes gigs for the rich only… and here’s why I think this is…

You only need to take a cursory look at stan Twitter (Harry Styles, Taylor, BTS, whatever) and it becomes apparent that people are getting into serious debt to afford these tickets. People who are not noticeably “well off” are borrowing money they don’t have in order to attend gigs they can’t afford.

Yes obviously there will be rich people who don’t think it’s much of an expense, but I’ve noticed that these tickets are being snapped up by people who absolutely can’t afford it.. because they think the concert is unmissable…

Its stuff like this which makes the debt crisis even worse.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

One thing to put forward though… I don’t think this is actually a rich v poor thing. I don’t think this makes gigs for the rich only… and here’s why I think this is…

You only need to take a cursory look at stan Twitter (Harry Styles, Taylor, BTS, whatever) and it becomes apparent that people are getting into serious debt to afford these tickets. Not “well off” people are borrowing money they don’t have to attend gigs they can’t afford.

Yes obviously there will be rich people who don’t think it’s much of an expense, but I’ve noticed that these tickets are being snapped up by people who absolutely can’t afford it.. because they think the concert is unmissable…

More fool them, not only is no gig "unmissable", but no one regardless of income should pay these prices to see anyone.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You only need to take a cursory look at stan Twitter (Harry Styles, Taylor, BTS, whatever) and it becomes apparent that people are getting into serious debt to afford these tickets. People who are not noticeably “well off” are borrowing money they don’t have in order to attend gigs they can’t afford.

Funnily enough I was looking at Abba Voyage out of curiosity yesterday and I noticed they option to put the tickets on Klarna and pay it off monthly. At a guess I’d assume you can dot that with normal gigs.

For me it’s not even a question of not being  able to afford it, if I wanted to find £200 for a gig ticket then I could, but it’s simply no longer good value for me at that sort of price point. That’s as much a symptom of getting older and disliking big stadium gigs than anything else. There is a point where it’s just not worth it and I’d enjoy spending the money in other ways. 

Edited by Jose Pose

8 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Funnily enough I was looking at Abba Voyage out of curiosity yesterday and I noticed they option to put the tickets on Klarna and pay it off monthly. At a guess I’d assume you can dot that with normal gigs.

For me it’s not even a question of not being  able to afford it, if I wanted to find £200 for a gig ticket then I could, but it’s simply no longer good value for me at that sort of price point. That’s as much a symptom of getting older and disliking big stadium gigs than anything else. There is a point where it’s just not worth it and I’d enjoy spending the money in other ways. 

Klarna is a whole 'nother problem but if you can do it for clothes then why not gigs. Makes more sense if anything given you don't get it till the summer or whatever vs clothes are instant

Festivals have long had payment plans anyway

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I did see a few available in that price range for San Siro in Milan between 50 and 80 Euros when window shopping a few weeks back, with tickets also available for Arctic Monkeys at I-Days there the night after. Could do worse for a rock n roll weekend I think.

6 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Tbh travel and accomodation to somewhere like Romania or Hungary probably wouldn't work out that much more than going to London.