Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

Public opinion certainly has an effect on who gets booked as headliners. 

They're not going to unbook gnr because you and a couple of people on glasto chat are throwing hissy fits. 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Right, and the public have clearly decided that enough of them love GNR to get booked as a headliner. One man yelling into the void daily won't do a thing to change that.

They got booked because they're objectively one of the biggest rock bands of all time. I'm not a fan either mate, but just let it die, it's incredibly tiresome and at this point you're literally encouraging people a few pages back to go listen to them. It's having the opposite of your intended effect. 

I'll be elsewhere that night and you can be too, it's alright.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

Indirectly maybe.  In that an act who is popular, has loads of streams/sales and is selling out tours (like GnR for example) may be approached as a potential headliner.  If you're saying that the festival bookers actually go onto forums, do research and canvas opinions before making such decisions, then frankly that's ludicrous.

8 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Gonna suggest Neil put a quid in a jar every time he moans about GNR. By June he should have enough to pay for some headliners next year that he won’t moan about and save us all some grief. 

i don't normally bitch about the bookings, cos normally they smash it with the bookings. and plenty of the people saying i should let it drop were quite happy to slag off the idea of roxy music in the legend slot, which was a much better booking than gnr as headliner.

Sorry to all the GnR fans out there, but all these videos recently shared have totally reconfirmed my prejudices. They ain’t for me. But i hope many many will be there, as I’ll then get closer to the front of Fred Again or Young Fathers, or Black Country New Road, or Raye, or Loyle Carner or the Black Keys or whoever will be headlining one of the many many alternatives to the Pyramid stage. 

• Like 1

Just now, kingbadger said:

@Neil you got it wrong, get over it for all of our sakes. One thing being rude and refusing to apologise to people over doubting their legit info, its another thing entirely to just ruin any discussion with this shite.  

I'm not the only one who thinks that they're not a good booking. 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Ah anyway … Elton will his Setlist be similar to that dodgers stadium one ? Does he change things up much … more than happy to stick on that … 

His set from Australia last night looked fairly similar, just without the guests.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sorcha17 said:

His set from Australia last night looked fairly similar, just without the guests.

That’ll do me … although 6 months and things may change … I guess Glastonbury should be stacked with special guests …. Although do headliners ever get more than 2 … ? It’s gonna be such fun 🙂 

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

That’ll do me … although 6 months and things may change … I guess Glastonbury should be stacked with special guests …. Although do headliners ever get more than 2 … ? It’s gonna be such fun 🙂 

Had a quick browse on setlist fm and there’s not much variation though as you say the special guests will mix it up and add a few surprises.  

did the same for guns n roses and there’s not much variation in their recent setlists, if anyone is interested 😊😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Sorry to all the GnR fans out there, but all these videos recently shared have totally reconfirmed my prejudices. They ain’t for me. 

I put one of their OWN videos on, Sweet Child o Mine from a Dublin gig I think, when I was going through music YouTube the other night. I can't say I was impressed, to put it mildly. I'll probably have to see how I'm feeling on the day on that one.  

20 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Ah anyway … Elton will his Setlist be similar to that dodgers stadium one ? Does he change things up much … more than happy to stick on that … 

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Had a quick browse on setlist fm and there’s not much variation though as you say the special guests will mix it up and add a few surprises.  

did the same for guns n roses and there’s not much variation in their recent setlists, if anyone is interested 😊😉

We're gutted he's not playing Circle of Life or Can You Feel The Love Tonight anymore. Second one especially would be a great Glastonbury moment (though I doubt that sentiment is shared by many here) 

40 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Right, and the public have clearly decided that enough of them love GNR to get booked as a headliner. One man yelling into the void daily won't do a thing to change that.

They got booked because they're objectively one of the biggest rock bands of all time. I'm not a fan either mate, but just let it die, it's incredibly tiresome and at this point you're literally encouraging people a few pages back to go listen to them. It's having the opposite of your intended effect. 

I'll be elsewhere that night and you can be too, it's alright.

Neil isn’t going. He wants a refund. 

27 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

He does festival sets and obviously its glasto - could change quite a lot. Someone was saying about his Bestival gig (2013 maybe?) and apparently that was quite different to the rest of the tour.

40 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Think he played the same set every night when he was doing the U.K. last summer. So bar a few surprises it’ll mostly be the same I imagine

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Think he played the same set every night when he was doing the U.K. last summer. So bar a few surprises it’ll mostly be the same I imagine

The dodgers show contained so many of his huge hits it’ll be a surprise if it’s not 90% the same

5 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Guns N’ Roses Concert Setlist at Eden Park, Auckland on December 10, 2022 | setlist.fm

In fairness, I'd be all over this.  Even the covers and doubtless 15 minute noodly solo.

Thanks for the link - all the chatter on here made me decide to have a listen (volume cranked well up) and they have changed from "unlikely to go (maybe catch a bit for the curiosity factor)" to "this could be great fun - will probs be there unless something unmissable is on at the same time"

I really didn't expect that to happen.