Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, incident said:

It does sound reasonable - and for reasons I can't quite articulate I do think that going Glastonbury > Belgium is far more likely than the other way around would have been (when people were talking about him playing Sunday).

I *think* all the gear for all the Pyramid acts the following day is loaded the night before and stacked ready in order. So load in for Pyramid at Glasto if playing at any point on the Sunday is sometime between 0200-0800 on Sunday morning. Whereas load-in for an arena gig is going to be more flexible and probably in normal working hours.

14 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Did the AM source specifically say headlining or just that they were there on the Fri? I know it’s a stretch but there’s the vague possibility of the opening Other slot. 

I'm no AM fan, quite the opposite, but they have songs with over a billion plays on Youtube... I'd be surprised if they opened the Other. 

5 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I *think* all the gear for all the Pyramid acts the following day is loaded the night before and stacked ready in order. So load in for Pyramid at Glasto if playing at any point on the Sunday is sometime between 0200-0800 on Sunday morning. Whereas load-in for an arena gig is going to be more flexible and probably in normal working hours.

Also lots of artists have effectively 2 sets if they are elaborate and so he may have spares that can be used for Glastonbury and still get stuff to Belgium. Nothing against AM at all but would be kind of fun if they ended up not headlining as they seem to have been a banker in most peoples minds for so long. 

• Upvote 1

ok so I know AM are strongly suggested for Fri .... what if this was actually sat ( 2 consecutive nights I know ) and we had harry fri , AM sat and Elton sunday ...... They were the 3 acts that were suggested to me a while back and this would be the only way they would fit .... prepares to hide ... 

Okay prefacing this with the fact that I’m not remotely in the know, and the person who forwarded it to me isn’t either. But on November 24th I was forwarded a message from my friends sister (so it is is VERY heard it through the grapevine, which is why I disregarded it mostly at the time as speculative) saying ‘my music industry sources have been talking, Glastonbury headliners - Harry Styles, Elton John and Arctic Monkeys’)

who knows how much truth in it, but was a couple of weeks before the Elton announcement (obv his hat was always in the ring) but given others have been hearing Harry, it seems pertinent to mention. 

(I disregarded it even further when Elton was Sunday as HS can’t do Saturday and I thought Arctics were nailed on for Friday, but if they aren’t…)

24 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I mean, *if* AM are playing, it's because they have a previously unknown relationship for the festival and are doing it at a discount rate. And if that relationship exists it's therefore possible they're doing some sort of secret set or such. Seems vanishingly unlikely though.

Are you seriously suggesting a band that have headlined twice don’t have a relationship with the festival, or it’s some kind of secret? 😂

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, king_oxymoron said:

Okay prefacing this with the fact that I’m not remotely in the know, and the person who forwarded it to me isn’t either. But on November 24th I was forwarded a message from my friends sister (so it is is VERY heard it through the grapevine, which is why I disregarded it mostly at the time as speculative) saying ‘my music industry sources have been talking, Glastonbury headliners - Harry Styles, Elton John and Arctic Monkeys’)

who knows how much truth in it, but was a couple of weeks before the Elton announcement (obv his hat was always in the ring) but given others have been hearing Harry, it seems pertinent to mention. 

(I disregarded it even further when Elton was Sunday as HS can’t do Saturday and I thought Arctics were nailed on for Friday, but if they aren’t…)

Well that fits with what I heard … and around the same time …. Posted above and posted at that time also …. Hmm 🤔 

• Upvote 1