Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

I'm in the position now where I'd actually like the other two headliners to be something I don't want to see. Elton is an absolute lock for me, and I'd prefer to spend the other two nights at different stages. This year my headliners were spent at the Pyramid, Other and Avalon, and in the past I've also seen headliners at the Park, West Holts, Silver Hayes. It's the variety of experience I'm after.

So yes, bring on AM & Florence.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

I'm in the position now where I'd actually like the other two headliners to be something I don't want to see. Elton is an absolute lock for me, and I'd prefer to spend the other two nights at different stages. This year my headliners were spent at the Pyramid, Other and Avalon, and in the past I've also seen headliners at the Park, West Holts, Silver Hayes. It's the variety of experience I'm after.

Same, in a way. If it does end up being AM/GnR/Elton then I’m 50/50 on the other 2 so gives me a chance to get round the site, which I think I’d prefer. If the others end up being great, I’d feel compelled to go.

9 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Same, in a way. If it does end up being AM/GnR/Elton then I’m 50/50 on the other 2 so gives me a chance to get round the site, which I think I’d prefer. If the others end up being great, I’d feel compelled to go.

Me too... Elton a definite, AM a definite no, and GnR 50/50. Perfect really.

8 hours ago, LivOctober said:

Florence and the Machine has a big gap in the tour schedule over the Glasto weekend...

Screenshot_20221203-114435.png

florence was brilliant the year she stepped in.

as much as arctic monkeys have changed I passed out during one of the pyramid stage sets from no sleep and too much drinking so wouldent mind if they turned up again

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

The Elton announcement has just made me hungry for more. 

it definitely makes me jealous seeing everywhere else announcing! at least it helps us rule acts out / see whos touring

at least we got elton !

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Totally agree with this, far too much else going on to get stuck at the Pyramid on the other 2 nights

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Wasn’t the same headliners as me was it Reef, Paul McCartney and Pet Shop Boys.

12 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't think liking or disliking AM is cool or uncool. If you like em, great. Always find it weird when people say it's snobbish not to like a band. I've always thought they're shit but very happy to go watch something else.

I don't think it's ever snobbish to not like a particular band, but plenty of posters here spend half their time trashing acts that others clearly like. Going around telling everyone how shite some acts are, such an enormous and pointless waste of energy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, EamerRed said:

I don't think it's ever snobbish to not like a particular band, but plenty of posters here spend half their time trashing acts that others clearly like. Going around telling everyone how shite some acts are, such an enormous and pointless waste of energy.

On the other hand it is a discussion forum with a strong music focus and you're likely to encounter differing points of view.  Taking it personally cos someone is trashing an act you happen to like is, debatably, the bigger waste of energy.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, EamerRed said:

AM, GNR & Florence are shite though.

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

On the other hand it is a discussion forum with a strong music focus and you're likely to encounter differing points of view.  Taking it personally cos someone is trashing an act you happen to like is, debatably, the bigger waste of energy.

I think there's a way of doing it that is more palatable though..

1) "xxx is absolute garbage"

2) "I'm not into xxx"

You see the difference. It's subjective, and the first example is presented as objective. That's what pisses people off. It never bothers me anymore to be fair, I just think it makes that person look like a complete idiot. Live and let live. 

5 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

AM, GNR & Florence are shite though.

This popped up whilst I was already typing, I just want to make it clear the above opinion is absolutely not aimed at you personally, I was already typing. (Besides, I assume your comment is somewhat tongue in cheek?) 

Just now, Alvoram said:

2) "I'm not into xxx"

You see the difference. It's subjective, and the first example is presented as objective. That's what pisses people off. It never bothers me anymore to be fair, I just think it makes that person look like a complete idiot. Live and let live. 

This popped up whilst I was already typing, I just want to make it clear the above opinion is absolutely not aimed at you personally, I was already typing. (Besides, I assume your comment is somewhat tongue in cheek?) 

I'm just being sarcastic 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

2) "I'm not into xxx"

You can take it as read that people's opinions are just that.  People don't need to conclude every single post with "imho"

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, EamerRed said:

Yeah that's fair enough if it's execessive. I'm fully on board for the odd comment, though, especially in a general thread like this one where all opinions should be valid. I read plenty of comments slating bands I love and I couldn't really give a fuck whether other people like them or not. It would be a very boring sanitised world if every comment about every band had to be positive.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Oh I totally agree, I couldn't give a stuff if someone doesn't like the bands/acts that I like, I'm certainly not precious about it. It's purely the people who criticise nigh on 50%+ of the acts in here. And there are some people who do that. When done excessively it can kill a vibe, it just feels like 'here we go again', no one is allowed to get excited about this, they will be instantly shut down yet again.... If people want to get excited, why would anyone go out of their way to bring that down. Strange behaviour imo.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah that's fair enough if it's execessive. I'm fully on board for the odd comment, though, especially in a general thread like this one where all opinions should be valid. I read plenty of comments slating bands I love and I couldn't really give a fuck whether other people like them or not. It would be a very boring sanitised world if every comment about every band had to be positive.

I think we're probably in the same place on this one. I have no problem with legitimate criticism or honest dislike. I just can't fathom people who instantly hate half the acts here and they absolutely have to let everyone know it.

32 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

2) "I'm not into xxx"

Yeah, pretty much exactly this. Again, don't really care about differing opinions, but one stifles discussion and one doesn't.

Edited by EamerRed

2 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Oh I totally agree, I couldn't give a stuff if someone doesn't like the bands/acts that I like, I'm certainly not precious about it. It's purely the people who criticise nigh on 50%+ of the acts in here. And there are some people who do that. When done excessively it can kill a vibe, it just feels like 'here we go again', no one is allowed to get excited about this, they will be instantly shut down yet again.... If people want to get excited, why would anyone go out of their way to bring that down. Strange behaviour imo.

I think we're probably in the same place on this one. I have no problem with legitimate criticism or honest dislike. I just can't fathom people who instantly hate half the acts here and they absolutely have to let everyone know it.

Yeah that's fair enough. I do find it odd when people specifically go into threads of bands they don't like just to slag them off. Headliners thread should have room for lots of opinions though.

• Upvote 1