2024 Headliners

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

f**kinell. The screaming. Save us, Baby Jesus. If I had that tuneless fecker next to me as well I think I might just self-immolate and try to take as many people with me as possible

Steady, you'll probably get two years for writing that these days, they'll already be going through your logs. 

Poor them 😉

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

If they did give a call to O Rod as a back up.. or a back up to the back up (originally Madonna) I don't get why they never just had her in the frame to headline anyway. She's big enough. Maybe they had it pencilled in for 2026 or something I guess. 

Feels shite if she is 3rd choice 

Yeah it'd definitely feel like a "give next year's headliners a call" type situation if she ends up doing it. You'd assume she'll move into big outdoor shows next year, even if its just Hyde Park, so it'd have made sense to pencil her in for 2025 to coincide with that. 

Well.  Catching up with this has been a rollercoaster.

In summary - we know nothing.  It's all speculation and rumours.  So, nothing has changed really.  And if they had Mulligan and O'Hare headlining, it would still be the best festival on the planet.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

So now a track record can't even be based on past information being correct?

Okay..

That's not what I said is it. 

Maybe if these 'sources' kept their information to themselves until the contract has been signed, they would maintain their reliable track record. 

8 minutes ago, incident said:

That's not impossible tbh. Coldplays dates are wide open for them to do any of the days with no logistical issues.

Plus Chris needs to be around every day so he can pop up as a special guest as often as possible to boil a bit of piss

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Well.  Catching up with this has been a rollercoaster.

In summary - we know nothing.  It's all speculation and rumours.  So, nothing has changed really.  And if they had Mulligan and O'Hare headlining, it would still be the best festival on the planet.

Mulligan and O’Hare are Avalon headliners for sure 👍

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Maybe if these 'sources' kept their information to themselves until the contract has been signed, they would maintain their reliable track record. 

For it to have got far enough that the info was widely circulated, a contract probably was signed.

But that doesn't mean stuff can't then change. If the guy has come to the conclusion that - for whatever reason - he can't do shows, then he's not going to do them regardless of what contracts (which probably have numerous out clauses) are in place.

Wouldn't be the first or the last time that an act pulled out of shows.

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

4 extra months without discussing rumours? 

get-out-2184202374.gif

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

But the information, according to reliable sources (who have a track record of past success - up to you if you don't want to consider that) is that he was set to play, but now isn't.

I'd rather have know that than not, because I find it quite exciting.

This whole thread is going to be speculation, rumours, and sources (of varying reliability) until they're confirmed. So just popping up repeatedly saying nothing is confirmed until it's on the poster is sort of pointless, no?

2 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

But the information, according to reliable sources (who have a track record of past success - up to you if you don't want to consider that) is that he was set to play, but now isn't.

I'd rather have know that than not, because I find it quite exciting.

This whole thread is going to be speculation, rumours, and sources (of varying reliability) until they're confirmed. So just popping up repeatedly saying nothing is confirmed until it's on the poster is sort of pointless, no?

Exactly today has been the best day in ages. I love when things we think are bankers change and we can do all the guessing all over again 😄 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Stevie W is out .... or was never in depending on who you like to believe or if you like or dont like to speculate 

How reliable is the Stevie W being out info do we think. Sorry, have just come online for first time today and am not enjoying this news. Someone sensible replying would be nice. 

O-rod, Dua Lipa and Coldplay is a f**king shocking trio of headliners for me. 

Just now, gherkin8r said:

How reliable is the Stevie W being out info do we think. Sorry, have just come online for first time today and am not enjoying this news. Someone sensible replying would be nice. 

O-rod, Dua Lipa and Coldplay is a f**king shocking trio of headliners for me. 

I can't see it. Dua and O- rod are too similar for my money.

• Thanks 1