2024 Headliners

16 minutes ago, incident said:

General belief (going back at least 20 years) is that Michael would be desperate to get them, but that they're miles out of the price range and have no interest whatsoever in accepting less.

Personally I'd also take the view that reports of their live shows sound like there's zero on stage chemistry so they wouldn't be a great choice anyway.

The time for them as a headliner is _way_ past.... 

2 minutes ago, Oscr said:

I might be in the minority but I'd enjoy Coldplay! Saw them at Wembley years ago and they were awesome

you won't be in the minority, Coldplay always go down well, they are enjoyable headliner.  Just a lot of people will moan about it online in advance but in real life in the field it will be great.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Oscr said:

I might be in the minority but I'd enjoy Coldplay! Saw them at Wembley years ago and they were awesome

You'll be in the majority.

People on here will bitch and moan about them, but the truth is that they'll get one of the biggest crowds of the weekend, with nearly everyone in the field loving it.

Which ultimately is all that matters and renders the complaints bollocks.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

57 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Wages have increased though over time to compensate. Also presents and gifts.

The festival was much cheaper but so we're wages too. I do think the festival price has easily increased more than the wages to go with it though. Say when I started going at 20, I was working just supermarket work, £7 something an hour and something around to 14.5k. But that is now closer to 22k a year for the same job making it 8k inflation.

I don't think gcse and into uni students will have that much trouble. Every year from when I was 22 which was actually when I first went unless it was a gap I will still doing that job a fair while and I didn't struggle to find the money. That would make me 19 just nearly 20 attending Leeds the first time.

At that time, most my age from 17 were not interested in Glastonbury due to the lineups, that was the reaction when you mentioned it. But over the whole thing, there is more of a social thing I feel over the pop acts that are popular now and the likes of Oasis etc.

GCSE / A Level students aren't earning 22k a year which is who i'm on about.

Glasto is at least £500 all in even on the tightest budget, thats around 2 months wage for a school student doing a saturday job.

Although a large amount for R&L etc get significant parent help on their ticket

44 minutes ago, incident said:

General belief (going back at least 20 years) is that Michael would be desperate to get them, but that they're miles out of the price range and have no interest whatsoever in accepting less.

Personally I'd also take the view that reports of their live shows sound like there's zero on stage chemistry so they wouldn't be a great choice anyway.

I saw Eagles in 2004 on their "Fairwell I" tour. Great music and well-played, but in terms of a thrilling performance, it was very average. And that's when Frey was shouldering a lot of it, so no idea what they'd be like now. Glad I saw them, but no desire to see them again, especially with 20 more years on them. The only one really giving it some was Joe Walsh, so I'd rather see him solo, or with James Gang.

27 minutes ago, incident said:

People on here will bitch and moan about them, but the truth is that they'll get one of the biggest crowds of the weekend, with nearly everyone in the field loving it.

They were fantastic in 2016, I'd definately watch them again unless there was something significant happening elsewhere (I need to get a ticket first).

They get a lot of bad press on here but there is no denying they put on a great show.

14 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I saw Eagles in 2004 on their "Fairwell I" tour. Great music and well-played, but in terms of a thrilling performance, it was very average. And that's when Frey was shouldering a lot of it, so no idea what they'd be like now. Glad I saw them, but no desire to see them again, especially with 20 more years on them. The only one really giving it some was Joe Walsh, so I'd rather see him solo, or with James Gang.

I saw them by chance at Hop Farm and enjoyed the Don Henley section but yeah it was very much this is the show that we are delivering everywhere...

14 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Yes, that's my view too, at least I saw them once (2008). I'd much prefer to see their support act Steely Dan who were great when I saw them.

58 minutes ago, incident said:

While we’re at it, the notion - peddled here every so often - that the last time they released any good music was 2002 is absolute bollocks as well. 

16 minutes ago, kalifire said:

While we’re at it, the notion - peddled here every so often - that the last time they released any good music was 2002 is absolute bollocks as well. 

Yep. It was 2011.

Never seen the Eagles and would love to. Prices for their gigs have always been astronomical. If they were in as Legends (it’s not a band slot) or Churnups, or newly identified “sunset for bands that are sunsetting” slot, then I would love it. I don’t even mind if they appear to be dialling it in “hello Wembley” because I just want to hear those timeless classics in the sunshine/pissing rain in Somerset.

7 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Arabesque off Everyday Life is a stone cold banger

Always forget about that album, and tbh I think the band and most of their fans have too. Remember it being pretty good for latter day Coldplay but it just didn’t hit at all so they reverted back to being sh*tty for the next one.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

GCSE / A Level students aren't earning 22k a year which is who i'm on about.

Glasto is at least £500 all in even on the tightest budget, thats around 2 months wage for a school student doing a saturday job.

Although a large amount for R&L etc get significant parent help on their ticket

£22 grand job?

In the city, thats alright.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair

that would be tremendous down on the sunny farm😉😊

Dynamic it is not! This guys put up a fair few songs from 19th January, it’s not making me join the Q for Manchester tickets, but I would still like to see them once.

It won’t let me paste the setlist link, but suffice to say it’s as expected, a great crowd pleasing set. Maybe Manchester…..

Edited by Neville Street
Tried to add setlist link