2024 Headliners

41 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Wait to you find out how Beatles or Elvis fans behaved. Or was that different because they were male acts? 

No. What a strange question. You’re looking for sexism where there isn’t any.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Wait to you find out how Beatles or Elvis fans behaved. Or was that different because they were male acts? 

Weird take that. Most of the more ‘out there’ fans these days are for female artists. I do struggle with the adoration for LDR cos I don’t get the connection with the fan reaction and the music. I can’t get through an album without feeling genuinely bored. I just wonder what the super fans are hearing that I’m not. 

1 hour ago, Blisterpack said:

Weird take that. Most of the more ‘out there’ fans these days are for female artists. I do struggle with the adoration for LDR cos I don’t get the connection with the fan reaction and the music. I can’t get through an album without feeling genuinely bored. I just wonder what the super fans are hearing that I’m not. 

This is how I feel about phoebe bridgers

4 hours ago, km9 said:

This is how I feel about phoebe bridgers

Thats tik tok at work along with the gatekeeping due to the 1% batshit part of the fanbase needing their lgbtq hero to only be theres. but most of those people only heard about Phoebe within the last 18 months. The people who have known her since like 2016 are def appalled at the fan behavious and its difficult to want to see her or even Boygenius at a gig now.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

So who's taking Madge's place then? 

Not really a clear front runner at the moment. The only name mentioned is Bruce springsteen. There are some logistical challenges with that with debate around whether they could be overcome. 

Beyond that it there is still speculation around whether Madge genuinely is or isn't out.

I haven't seen any alternative names for Sunday headliner that seem to fit the bill. 

Don't know whether you could shuffle the deck and have a strong sub step up or whether it's someone we just haven't considered yet. 

Very much "all to play for" in terms of getting the correct 3rd headliner (if it isn't Madonna).

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Not really a clear front runner at the moment. The only name mentioned is Bruce springsteen. There are some logistical challenges with that with debate around whether they could be overcome. 

Beyond that it there is still speculation around whether Madge genuinely is or isn't out.

I haven't seen any alternative names for Sunday headliner that seem to fit the bill. 

Don't know whether you could shuffle the deck and have a strong sub step up or whether it's someone we just haven't considered yet. 

Very much "all to play for" in terms of getting the correct 3rd headliner (if it isn't Madonna).

The National

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

So who's taking Madge's place then? 

After doing a deep dive using some pivot tables looking at criteria such as touring schedules, status, pedigree, ethos, fee acceptance likelihood and of course ability my algorithm has churned up two and only two possibilities;

1) Foals

2) Bad Bunny

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Superscally said:

The National

As one of my favourite bands I would love to see it. Might be a tough sell though as they haven't quite crossed over enough IMHO.

Looking at it objectively though, if you take some of the names that have been bounced around for either pyramid sub or other stage headliner (and I know some of these are more likely to be at the farm in June than others) then from The National, Chemical Brothers, Pulp, Olivia Rodrigo, Sza, Doja Cat, Dave you could probably make a case for why any of them could step into a headline slot if you needed a back up. 

I'm not saying it will happen and milage may vary on people's opinions about those names (they certainly aren't as big as a Madonna/ springsteen type of heritage act) but they are acts that either already headline large festivals/ play big gigs or very likely will do in the near future. 

I guess I'm saying, wouldn't be impossible for one of those type of acts to step up. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

The National would definitely benefit from closing a stage. But it will be the Other Stage. 

Yet, I would be wild to see them headline the Pyramid. They can pull it off, even after that 2017 thing. 

Depends how you define 'pull it off'. I'm sure their fans would love it, but it would be in front of the smallest crowd for a Pyramid headliner for many years.