2024 Headliners

12 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

Similar quanadry - just been told I can be guest listed for IOW but at my aee doing that and heading straight to Glasto is probably heart attack material. Also Green Day at Wembley....

I did this this year and I was exhausted. We were staying in a flat in Ryde as well and meandering through when we fancied it. I think the plan is:

Try and get Glastonbury tickets as expected

If not then get Isle of Wight tickets (I've already booked our external campervan pitch for £20 lol)

If we do get Glasto, get Sunday tickets for Green Day and do the red eye ferry back from Fishbourne. 

And you're right, worst problems to have 🙂

2 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

I did this this year and I was exhausted. We were staying in a flat in Ryde as well and meandering through when we fancied it. I think the plan is:

Try and get Glastonbury tickets as expected

If not then get Isle of Wight tickets (I've already booked our external campervan pitch for £20 lol)

If we do get Glasto, get Sunday tickets for Green Day and do the red eye ferry back from Fishbourne. 

And you're right, worst problems to have 🙂

Yeah. Lots of red bull....I'l go for Glasto but the fallback option of IoW for free and also having Liam Gallacher and Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer tickets aswell asa friends sons band possibly playing Reading/Leeds will soften the blow!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Is Isle of White " Exclusive" when it comes to headliners ????

That is a question not a statement

Green Day are a UK Festival Exclusive for Isle of Wight, yes.

Would you like to guess who were a European Festival Exclusive for last year's Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park, but still played Glastonbury anyway?

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I hear where you're coming from, but I think that's a symptom of us becoming used to absolutely stellar legendary bookings like Elton. At this stage, I think only Madonna is in that category, and everyone else will either be a return visitor or someone who is much earlier in their career. But we should look at those huge bookings as the exception, not the norm.

I'm no fan, but absolutely thinks she is headliner status now.

Yeah I don't think she's not headliner worthy, just doesn't feel like a hugely exciting booking. Even in terms of newer acts, it doesn't feel like a "moment" booking like Stormzy was. Maybe you're right, though, our expectations have started to get too high.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think it depends on the reaction to (and let's be honest, marketing of) the new album. If it's really well received, packed full of collaborations and hyped beyond belief, it'll probably look like a really good booking. Even more so if she headlines Coachella (rumour) and crushes it there. Right now, I'm not 100% convinced, but the next six months could catapult her into the stratosphere

Yeah, that's a fair point. I think the "meh" factor comes from the fact that she feels like she's not very exclusive. Despite the fact that I can't actually recall seeing her on any lineups post-pandemic, it almost feels as if she's one of those acts like Arctic Monkeys, where if you wanted to see them, you could have.

I dunno. No doubt she'll be good, just sometimes I feel like I need to dump my reactions in here 🤣

31 minutes ago, K2SO said:

it doesn't feel like a "moment" booking like Stormzy was.

It’ll be impossible to tell whether this is a moment for her until we hear the new material. She could end up being utterly ubiquitous for the next six months and it’ll feel like a perfect booking

8 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Green day in London the Saturday of the festival

IMG_4299.jpeg

If the other two headliners are Madonna and Dua then they would be a good shout for the rock headliner to balance it out. Never played before, somewhat unconventional as far as Glasto rock headliners go, but have so many hits and crowd pleasers, and they always put on a show.

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

If the other two headliners are Madonna and Dua then they would be a good shout for the rock headliner to balance it out. Never played before, somewhat unconventional as far as Glasto rock headliners go, but have so many hits and crowd pleasers, and they always put on a show.

Almost certain that Coldplay are yer 'rock' headliner

6 minutes ago, VCK said:

No chance of Green Day now they are confirmed for IOW.

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sheeran was alreadyb a stadium filler when he headlined.  He'd done 3 nights at Wembley.  As a live act Dula Peep is nowhere near that level.

As someone will no doubt shortly remind us, even her first / last arena tour took an age to shift tickets.

I watched her headline Primavera with no expectations, and she was very good. 
Non-stop for 90 mins 

She had it all, voice, dancers, lights etc , very much the British Beyoncé in my opinion. 

I very much expect her to take her moment and shine.