2024 Headliners

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She said they had one confirmed and one they were hoping for. 

But she said more recently that they had a vacancy and it was filled after a call from a big American act.

Hence "Madge being the one that got away" and assuming Coldplay and Dua have been confirmed for ages.

Just a theory though. Could still be P!nk.

Essentially, until Madonna confirms there it is a vacant slot.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I agree that the final headliner is very likely one of Madge / Boss / P!nk.

Former two would give the line-up way more oomph and Madonna is the one I hope they have in the bag.

I'd be quite confident saying it's not the boss. I don't see him changing his 3 day gaps in separate tour places/venues for a low paying Glastonbury that he clearly doesn't need to hype him.

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Well then.

Take that to the bank I guess.  Not a shock for tea-leaves studiers.

Gets in car and drives fifteen minutes. 

"Hang on where's my bloody branch gone?

That's a shame, I had an urgent matter to discuss, guess I'll phone their call centre instead" 

16 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

They will draw a big crowd to the Pyramid, making it much easier to get about and see something else at the same time. It can be a Good Thing. 

It really can. Elton is a great case in point. We almost had the rest of the festival to ourselves on the Sunday evening. It was eerily quiet between Pyramid and Other. One of the things I've learned over the years is not to see a Pyramid headliner just to tick a box or out of curiosity. If I really wanna see them, I'll go. If not, there's always a better time to be had elsewhere

• Upvote 5

The 2 female acts was referring to the actual headliners, not the Legend.

She said there *could* be 2 female headliners next year. Same position as in the Guardian interview from last year by the sound of it.

One in, one isn't female, one still to nail down, presumably whoever the call was from the previous week.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

The 2 female acts was referring to the actual headliners, not the Legend.

She said there *could* be 2 female headliners next year. Same position as in the Guardian interview from last year by the sound of it.

One in, one isn't female, one still to nail down, presumably whoever the call was from the previous week.

Where potentially Madonna extended tour to include BST in Hyde park in June 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yep, this is how I see it too. Don't think she'd have made much of a point about it if it was Pink.

Just now, danbailey80 said:

Does anyone know why the rumours page is ummm a little out of touch?! 

Queen, Blur and Spice girls rumoured for Pyramid?  It used to be so on it.

Iggy has a full time job along with running this so it’s a bit of a challenge have asked for an update , maybe something the community can help with in some way . Y

48 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It really can. Elton is a great case in point. We almost had the rest of the festival to ourselves on the Sunday evening. It was eerily quiet between Pyramid and Other. One of the things I've learned over the years is not to see a Pyramid headliner just to tick a box or out of curiosity. If I really wanna see them, I'll go. If not, there's always a better time to be had elsewhere

So easy to walk across from Pyramid after getting bored at Elton, able to get food, and walk into a great spot for QOTSA. Think we missed the opening song of their set. 

12 hours ago, roughbloke said:

Heard Coldplay and Dua are two of the headliners next year. Same source as last year but no reason not to believe. 

Coldplay may be boring for the regulars but for people who have only been for a few years or this will be there first time I'm sure a lot will be very happy with them.

Out of the 6 of us going, if Sunday goes well. I will be the only one not watching Coldplay

49 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Quite feasible. Someone also mentioned Sunderland as a venue. 

The only thing I'm holding against Madonna is why would the conversation with her be out of the blue.

Could be she's changed plans, just feels odd.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Quite feasible. Someone also mentioned Sunderland as a venue. 

The only thing I'm holding against Madonna is why would the conversation with her be out of the blue.

Could be she's changed plans, just feels odd.

Emily knew she was touring … Madonna hadn’t confirmed bst at that point , once Madonna confirmed that she confirmed Glastonbury as that gave her a payday and a good reason to extend tour 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Emily knew she was touring … Madonna hadn’t confirmed bst at that point , once Madonna confirmed that she confirmed Glastonbury as that gave her a payday and a good reason to extend tour 

All makes sense, I just don't like it 😁

I want someone I have at least some interest in! 😫 

35 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

So easy to walk across from Pyramid after getting bored at Elton, able to get food, and walk into a great spot for QOTSA. Think we missed the opening song of their set. 

Exactly what we did. And QOTSA were our favourite act of the weekend. There was something about being at a 25%full Other Stage that galvanised the crowd and band. Amazing way to close out the weekend. 

Busy does not always equal good.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yes, but Elton was good.

Elton was fantastic (by all accounts). As only a casual observer, I weighed up my interest in seeing him against my inclination to be in that vast a crowd, plus my vantage point and sound quality. I decided it wasn't worth it and opted for Homme and the Lads. Best decision I made all weekend. There's too much going on around the gaff to spend any time standing through someone just to tick a box.

• Like 1