2024 Headliners

2 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

It does feel like the end of an era with so many of these God-tier acts hanging up their boots. A run of McCartney/ Elton/ Madonna would be truly ridiculous and probably end up making 2025 look a bit paltry in comparison. 

The only mega act left I can even think of is AC/DC and even they don’t fully feel in that ‘simply too big for festivals’ tier of Elton.

Ac/dc just wants to get paid rather than tick a box in their age pretty much.

The Dua not being an exciting booking is probably because of no new music in a long while but also it's been spoken about on here for well over 2 years now. So it's not surprising, just expected. If her new album is anywhere near Future Nostalgia level. Then it'll be a great booking for a young artist that has history with the festival.

In comparison to Stormzy, her star level on a world wide basis is already bigger than his. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

The Dua not being an exciting booking is probably because of no new music in a long while but also it's been spoken about on here for well over 2 years now. So it's not surprising, just expected. If her new album is anywhere near Future Nostalgia level. Then it'll be a great booking for a young artist that has history with the festival.

In comparison to Stormzy, her star level on a world wide basis is already bigger than his. 

Yup, the moment she wasn’t rebooked for Other in 2022 the obvious thought pattern was that it was because she was waiting to headline instead. But just because she’s an obvious booking doesn’t make it any less deserved and I’m sure she’ll smash it.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Green Day playing IOW, further ruling them out thank f**k.

Surprised by that - big booking for it’s current iteration. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Green Day playing IOW, further ruling them out thank f**k.

Why does it further rule them out cos they'd be exclusive?

F****n gutted if so. Glasto are missing a massive trick not having them headline. Hopefully they do at some point as it'll be monumental and silence a lot of doubters.

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

If you were just going to Elton to tick the box, then you were also putting up with either being crushed to a standstill at the front, or being so far back you could barely see anything. That kind of stuff is bearable if you love the music (as I do) but no way would I put up with that for an act I wasn't into.

I was elsewhere for Adele and Ed and yes it was strangely quiet... Not sure Shaggy was the best decision though....

I prefferred Shaggy to if I'd watched Sheeran.

I watched Elton cos I have a ticket for QOTSA in a fortnight.

I dont think anyone at either made a bad choice

• Upvote 1

I absolutely don't know what to do now. I LOVE Glasto, but prodigy, pet shop boys and Green Day are some of my fave bands. I also get discounted ferry to the islands and have a camper... and it's like... an hour's faff for me?

I couldn't afford to do both. Argh IoW why have you done this to me!!!!???

3 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

I absolutely don't know what to do now. I LOVE Glasto, but prodigy, pet shop boys and Green Day are some of my fave bands. I also get discounted ferry to the islands and have a camper... and it's like... an hour's faff for me?

Similar quanadry - just been told I can be guest listed for IOW but at my aee doing that and heading straight to Glasto is probably heart attack material. Also Green Day at Wembley....

5 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

Put it this way. If you get a Glastonbury ticket on Sunday, it's a win. If you don't, at least you'll have IoW with some of your favourite acts playing to fall back on. 

9 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

There are worse fall back options to have.