2024 Headliners

Imo Dua/Madge/Springsteen would be three incredible ways to finish a day at Glastonbury. Sure there's not something there for everyone, but there's two really important and influential "heritage" acts and a massive solo British female artist who's guaranteed to knock it out the park. It's a stick from me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

If Madonna is at BST that's gotta make her all but a lock, right?

Depends, surely. It could clash her out, or it could put her squarely in the frame.

Without seeing the exact date it's impossible to tell.

Nothing in that Bruce tour announcement makes him in any way likely for me. Certainly not as it stands. The only two day gaps are same city and there’s no festivals. Add in that he admitted he’s taking the money on this one and I’d say not a chance. Could change if extra dates announce and give some precedent for smaller gaps but he seems to be deliberately avoiding that through this whole tour.

45 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

If that happened everyone is going to say glasto went and turned itself into Big Weekend. 

Would be one of the best sets of headliners in the history of the festival, knocks the crap out of this years debacle.

Edited by Skip997
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Simsy said:

How often is there crossover between BST and Glasto? I feel like there have been quite a few "they're in London, they're a shoo-in for Glasto" that haven't actually ended up on the farm.

Sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't.

Not enough that you can draw direct lines, only to use it as an indication that they're active and in Europe.

9 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Was everyone in attendance suitably blown away by his performance in 2009 and would there be any difference in a set the second time round? I know his live shows are supposed to be fantastic, but I can't say that I've seen that reaction from anyone who was there the last time out. Personally, I swerved him, so I can't comment, just interested to see what the thoughts are from those who were there

Am a Bruce fan and I wasn't blown away in 2009.  Bruce had only just started doing festivals then, and he brought his regular show to the farm.  He has since learned that festivals require something different.  I saw him at Roskilde in 2012 and that was a proper festival show.  His current show is a run-through all parts of his career, so would be very suitable.

9 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'm doubtful. Playing Glasto would require a two day gap between either his Nijmegen or Werchter show, which he's not doing anywhere else on his tour unless he's playing the same venue twice. Looks like he's giving himself a lot of room for rest in between shows so if he is playing Glastonbury that would be a clear outlier.

I don't think those big gaps are for rest. They are to put in a second show if the first show in places sells out.

2 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

I don't think those big gaps are for rest. They are to put in a second show if the first show in places sells out.

There will likely be some additional dates added (i.e Milan, Barcelona, London) but many of the gaps will be additional rest days due to his recent health issue. They have tried to schedule at least a 2 day gap between all shows where possible to account for this (plus the reality of the 2023 EU tour schedule being too intense – there was a period in July where he was visibly worn out). Glasto could go either way; I know that dates in San Sebastián, Florence, Naples etc were cut to avoid limit travel, so the likelihood of Nijmegen to Glasto to Werchter feels off. But I wonder if his appearance with Macca could have sparked something...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Dua just posted a clue about something.

4-8-9-9-14-15-21
If you're good enough you'll find a way
Love, 4-21-1

numbers are letters of the alphabet. Almbum or song title ir something else.

D H I I N O U

HOUDINI

No idea what it means though.

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Dua just posted a clue about something.

4-8-9-9-14-15-21
If you're good enough you'll find a way
Love, 4-21-1

numbers are letters of the alphabet. Almbum or song title ir something else.

D H I I N O U

Houdini, she’s due to a release a song called this 

1 hour ago, Watergirl said:

Am a Bruce fan and I wasn't blown away in 2009.  Bruce had only just started doing festivals then, and he brought his regular show to the farm.  He has since learned that festivals require something different.  I saw him at Roskilde in 2012 and that was a proper festival show.  His current show is a run-through all parts of his career, so would be very suitable.

Yes, big Bruce fan and 2009 fell flat. Wrong setlist for a Glasto crowd that wanted to sing along to Born in the USA (they had not done their research).