2024 Headliners

6 hours ago, Benjsh said:

They have certainly got the tunes. Some absolute indie classics. 

I'm sure it will be good crowd for that gig too when it comes around. 

He doesn't interact much with the crowd though. Big issue for Glasto which is why they probably didn't do it at their height of fame.

I think The Strokes might be an Other Stage headliner now?

Could well be missing something, but is there any reason why Adele couldn’t be potentially one of the “female headliners”? She’s obviously got the Vegas residency currently but that’s meant to finish soon and would be 8 years since she played it next year, and has released new music since then.

5 minutes ago, CC22 said:

Could well be missing something, but is there any reason why Adele couldn’t be potentially one of the “female headliners”? She’s obviously got the Vegas residency currently but that’s meant to finish soon and would be 8 years since she played it next year, and has released new music since then.

But what can she do that she didnt in 2016 other than new music. I would say save her for down the line if theyre able to just get her to do a gig and she hasnt been doing anything at all. She is still in her 30's so not as if she is calling it a day. You want some rarity in there in a sense. When she finishes vegas and doesnt do anything at all and decides to poke her head out and perform again then do it. 

23 minutes ago, CC22 said:

Nah she’ll be well done with touring her current album by then, and I use ‘touring’ very lightly there. Plus, I very much think she was a one and done.

20 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Oh look, somebody that can put on a show and everything but im sure some excuse will come up.

Wife and little one saw her last night and have said how amazing she was.  So many hits and would 100% be a perfect pyramid headliner 

16 hours ago, Suprefan said:

The extra dates will go up within the next week or so. She just added 3 more dates in Singapore because 8 million registrations were received in the first 24 hours. Thats why the onsales are so far ahead of time.

Surely with 8 million registrations it reaches the point where it's futile adding extra dates 😂 That's insane.

Be interesting to see how this registration thing works out. Seems like a decent idea to gauge the demand in advance and be more proactive with it, but we'll see. Still needs better scalper protection.

1 hour ago, mb23 said:

I'm going:

Dua Lipa
Blur
Taylor Swift

That's just a straight guess without really reading anything on this thread.

Would be three incredible acts, but as I've not done my research wouldn't hold my breath!

I was thinking the same trio, though people seem to think Taylor is unlikely now. So I'll adjust to:

Dua Lipa - Blur - Madonna

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Oh look, somebody that can put on a show and everything but im sure some excuse will come up.

Like how much money she wants?

Shes been in the area a couple of times around Glastonbury and it hasn’t happened. Either she doesn’t want to do it or she does but 💰 

2 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

I am putting out to the world Beyonce does next year or the year after. 

I could see it. 

If you had the likes of Dave and Dua Lipa, both British artists who are on the up so would be happy to take a "discount" for the publicity you'd presume, you'd probably have the money for a gigantic name like Beyoncé (or Swift - but as others have said she's unlikely).

Just now, kemosabe said:

I could see it. 

If you had the likes of Dave and Dua Lipa, both British artists who are on the up so would be happy to take a "discount" for the publicity you'd presume, you'd probably have the money for a gigantic name like Beyoncé (or Swift - but as others have said she's unlikely).

She has another album coming out at some point in the new future, if the whole Act 1 format is followed. I cant see her doing another massive world tour so soon after this one so it would make sense for her to hit one or two festivals in the next few years. Maybe Glastonbury next year then Coachella the year after.

Someone took me to her show and London and it was unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, Bobs said:

If there are any non-headlining acts who watched Elton John last night, they may quickly reconsider after watching that.

Who’s left in the “maybe” pile of big non headliners? Madonna?

The Mac is the big one if they ever perform again. Then out of the all-timers, AC/DC, Eminem, Led Zep, Billy Joel. More modern ones - Bruno Mars, Pink and Drake would be a huge deal for the festival to get but they’d need to want to do it. Mariah too although she’s probably more of a legends slot vibe these days. 

• Upvote 1