ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

There seem to be a lot of people being timed out at the payment stage. My tip would be to use the One Time Passcode instead of using your banking app to authenticate the payment. I used my app first, it took forever and ultimately failed as it "Couldn't process my request", presumably because tons of others were doing the same. I could see the timer counting down which was petrifying. I requested a text OTP instead and it worked a treat. So OTP: yes, banking app: no!

3 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

Did anybody get through with HSBC? 

Yeah had no issues on Thursday and today with authorising the transaction. Today when I returned to Seetickets the payment countdown expired but thankfully 15 minutes later the emails came through and the payment was showing as pending in the account!

28 minutes ago, sedra said:

Did anyone have issues with Monzo debit card?? 

Yes first time it tried it wouldn’t work (not even to the verification page) then my wife tried hers when she got through and did the same we then tried mine which did work but I had to go through verification. 

14 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

Did anybody get through with HSBC? 

Yes first time it tried it wouldn’t work (not even to the verification page), when my wife got through and her card failed we attempt my hsbc which got past the verification but but failed. 

33 minutes ago, 123Mike said:

What does the real one look like if that is the fake? That screen was as far as I got today & was refreshing less than 60x/min?

They look exactly the same! You can’t tell the difference between the real and fake one. 

1 hour ago, majormajormajor said:

This.

It's all about maximising your chances. Use autohotkey, and page refreshers. Let the tech do the work for you. 

To add to this, I would try to avoid using work laptops as they're most likely firewalled off and using shared public IPs. You want to spread over as many publics as possible. Having said that, people have lots of success on mobiles...

To counter this, I had one tab on my laptop and refreshed it manually every 1.5 seconds from close to 90 minutes. 

Got tickets at the last minute. 

When was the actual cut off? I had 5 registrations showing name and address and the £50 next to them about 10.30

pressed the payment button and got the sold out screen, pressed back and tried again

kept this up for about 10 minutes, occasionally it would take a while thinking about it and get my hopes up but no joy

after about 10 minutes it changed to event not found and I took that as the end and gave up, this was about 10.45 or so

I did manage to get my tickets a bit before this, around 10.15 and was trying for someone else, if it had been mine I might still be refereshing now

Did anyone else find the process of moving between pages once you get to enter regs stage to be quite different this year? I don't just mean the general instability - I've done 5 of the last 6 fests including last year and don't remember the rolling wheel of doom ever playing such a big part before, but it may be my anxiety addled mind misremembering.

I also had major issues with 'back' for the first time ever, mainly it successfully taking me back to the previous page but with the button to proceed being greyed out and blocking any resubmit of details. Was it just me?

Just now, Westy2508 said:

Did anyone else find the process of moving between pages once you get to enter regs stage to be quite different this year? I don't just mean the general instability - I've done 5 of the last 6 fests including last year and don't remember the rolling wheel of doom ever playing such a big part before, but it may be my anxiety addled mind misremembering.

I also had major issues with 'back' for the first time ever, mainly it successfully taking me back to the previous page but with the button to proceed being greyed out and blocking any resubmit of details. Was it just me?

tbh.. Everything you've just described can be pinned on the general instability. It was just shocking this year - haven't seen it that bad for a very long time.

The actual sequence of pages hasn't changed though.

44 minutes ago, mazola said:

When was the actual cut off? I had 5 registrations showing name and address and the £50 next to them about 10.30

pressed the payment button and got the sold out screen, pressed back and tried again

kept this up for about 10 minutes, occasionally it would take a while thinking about it and get my hopes up but no joy

after about 10 minutes it changed to event not found and I took that as the end and gave up, this was about 10.45 or so

I did manage to get my tickets a bit before this, around 10.15 and was trying for someone else, if it had been mine I might still be refereshing now

About 10:50 all my devices said event not found and I couldn’t revive any, was also trying for friends 

1 hour ago, Kneale said:

They look exactly the same! You can’t tell the difference between the real and fake one. 

Thanks, was the countdown timer page the one people were continuing to refresh? Is it better to refresh this after a few seconds or to open multiple tabs & let the timer run down?

Sorry just trying to work out what I did wrong to not progress any further,

thanks

1 hour ago, Westy2508 said:

100%. I got coach tickets for a mate in the resale and there was no sign of that wheel of doom.

This time - it was the wheel of doom constantly on each reg page, just could no progress further.

Sending me under

Edited by mufcok

well that was all stressful.   29 tickets eventually bought.   all the same issues as listed above.    lots or spinning wheels, lots of fraught people not knowing if to refresh or go back, lots of shouts of 'keep trying, there are tickets being released.   our last group of 6 confirmed at 10:41.    thank god we dont have to do this more than 4 times a year (+coach + resale).

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales