Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

On 10/20/2022 at 7:12 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

'ello 'ello.

Would make sense. Imagine it is a big payday. Likely allows for a bit of self-curation too.

Only a 20k capacity. There's much bigger pay days out there, surely? They'd do twice that at Old Trafford cricket ground with a decent undercard for example. 

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Only a 20k capacity. There's much bigger pay days out there, surely? They'd do twice that at Old Trafford cricket ground with a decent undercard for example. 

I've been having this debate with a friend, and we're not sure if it is because they were a cut below the other Britpop brethren of the era for pure commercial clout, but we have no idea quite how big they are anymore.

A six-night arena run in the major three markets - London, Manchester, Birmingham - the cross-border hubs - Glasgow, Cardiff - and the hometown high - Sheffield - as a theoretical run? Sell-out, absolutely.

Stadiums in all of those cities? Suddenly feel a little less sure-footed. 

Lytham, to an extent, makes some sense; the stage and security is already provided as opposed to their own tour, cutting down logistics costs, and the payday from Festival Republic will be very tasty. It also likely replaces a Manchester date - and therefore also prevents the risk of an actual Manchester date being cannibalized by Sheffield. (A recurring trend I've noticed with arena runs is that very few will do Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield these days.) 

On 10/21/2022 at 8:24 AM, blutarsky said:

Going to try for those. 

How is it that common people can be 27 years old, and arguably more relevant than ever? 

"You think that poor is cool"

Indeed more relevant than ever. That song sums up about half of Twitter.

7 hours ago, VCK said:

"You think that poor is cool"

Indeed more relevant than ever. That song sums up about half of Twitter.

This is the lyric that really underlines it for me: 

You will never understand
How it feels to live your life
With no meaning or control
And with nowhere left to go

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Mardy said:

But them in 2023, just a nostalgia trip. Does the world need another Pulp reunion? I reckon not. 

after they've done somewhere a field in hampshire (i was there) they're all wrapped up.