Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

So is the consensus that these shows are likely to be... June onwards? Or are we still non the wiser? I'll be doing everything in my power to go to one of them... panic is setting in though as I have other gigs in May/June and a stag do, can't go Glasto (so they're blatantly playing Glasto), so praying it's later in the year like July, Aug. 

First world problems of course, but I have to see them. It would break me if they're at Glasto the only year I cannot go. Fuck.

"Late spring and early summer" was the only rumour I've seen, nothing more concrete than that. Personally I've taken that to mean around May and June with maybe it stretching a couple weeks into July at the latest.

• Thanks 1

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

Leadmill for sure

There's obviously a history there, and so from a romantic perspective it makes more sense than anywhere.

But I can't even begin to imagine what the ticketing looks like for that - the truth is they could easily sell it out twenty nights straight, and that's without considering the people (like me) who'd try to attend multiple nights.

If they did Leadmill, surely it'd have to be almost a private party type thing, or a lottery for tickets in both cases with resale strictly forbidden and enforced. Otherwise you'd have tickets going for sums that nobody without a 7 figure bank balance could reasonably turn down.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

There's obviously a history there, and so from a romantic perspective it makes more sense than anywhere.

But I can't even begin to imagine what the ticketing looks like for that - the truth is they could easily sell it out twenty nights straight, and that's without considering the people (like me) who'd try to attend multiple nights.

If they did Leadmill, surely it'd have to be almost a private party type thing, or a lottery for tickets in both cases with resale strictly forbidden and enforced. Otherwise you'd have tickets going for sums that nobody without a 7 figure bank balance could reasonably turn down.

I don't think so.

Bands do intimate gigs nowadays as a warm up and such, Leadmill could sell them normally if they wanted to. Sure they could do a lottery if they wanted to though.

Paul McCartney played Cheese and Grain, I'm sure Pulp at Leadmill would be fine. A gig with mad excitement around it for the Leadmill is what it needs to drum up interest in the situation happening with it. 

I can almost here JC now saying 'there won't be any of this if the Leadmill is taken over'

4 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Paul McCartney played Cheese and Grain, I'm sure Pulp at Leadmill would be fine. A gig with mad excitement around it for the Leadmill is what it needs to drum up interest in the situation happening with it. 

I can almost here JC now saying 'there won't be any of this if the Leadmill is taken over'

For Macca at Cheese and Grain they absolutely did take (and had to) a huge amount of extra anti touting precautions over and above what they'd usually do.

I'm absolutely not saying it couldn't be done - hell, I'm not even saying it's unlikely. I'm just saying that they'd need to take extra measures with the tickets to stop some twat buying one for 40 quid and selling it a week later for 4,000.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, incident said:

Charity Lottery surely is the way. £5 an entry, 3 for £10 would probably make heaps for the Leadmill. Swear AM did similar for their Royal Albert Hall show?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/16/get-tickets-arctic-monkeys-gig-royal-albert-hall-7551028/

Edited by gfa

28 minutes ago, incident said:

For Macca at Cheese and Grain they absolutely did take (and had to) a huge amount of extra anti touting precautions over and above what they'd usually do.

I'm absolutely not saying it couldn't be done - hell, I'm not even saying it's unlikely. I'm just saying that they'd need to take extra measures with the tickets to stop some twat buying one for 40 quid and selling it a week later for 4,000.

Sure. Tbh given the size of the venue they could just say you need ID with the purchaser name on the ticket. They did that with Radiohead at the roundhouse in 2016.

8 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

I didn’t push for anymore details, I didn’t want to take the piss. My best guess would be that they will be UK dates though.,

How did you manage to get that info out of him? So far he's only been vague with anyone that's asked lol. Lucky!!!! 

You got an actual announcement  date and gig # . you did something right or caught him on a good day. 

3 hours ago, Bananaslug said:

How did you manage to get that info out of him? So far he's only been vague with anyone that's asked lol. Lucky!!!! 

You got an actual announcement  date and gig # . you did something right or caught him on a good day. 

It was at Cheltenham Literature Festival, he’d done a talk about his book and was signing copies afterwards. Just asked him and he was really nice. He actually seemed a bit suprised that he was being asked about gigs and not the book.  

3 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

It was at Cheltenham Literature Festival, he’d done a talk about his book and was signing copies afterwards. Just asked him and he was really nice. He actually seemed a bit suprised that he was being asked about gigs and not the book.  

Weird lol. I personally know at least 3 people that asked and read other fans were asking a lot, too. And was same response "doing some festivals and standalones and something will be announced in a few weeks". But that was at the other book events.