Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

20 minutes ago, incident said:

Don't know whether it's confirmed, but there's been suggestions it is. Probably if it was moving back as early as May we'd have heard about it by now.

Probably, yes. I do think that it might better being back in that position, but given they opted to stick with the 2021 arrangement of having to do there as one of the first things back for this year, it's plausible.

I guess we'll find out in due course. Though ofc there's the added caveat that if this Pulp rumour is early summer shows that maybe an equivalent event. Maybe even their own shows or, much as I dislike it as a venue, Finsbury Park.

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I was at that! Great day.

Nice one. I was at Foo Fighters at MK Bowl that day and limited awareness meant I only really knew about it after the fact but I do remember watching footage of their Reading 2011 set and being insanely jealous, and indeed YT footage of that show looked great.

7 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Nice one. I was at Foo Fighters at MK Bowl that day and limited awareness meant I only really knew about it after the fact but I do remember watching footage of their Reading 2011 set and being insanely jealous, and indeed YT footage of that show looked great.

It was wonderful, although feels such a long time ago now. Saw them at the Park that year too. Hoping to do the double header of Glastonbury and their own gig again this year...

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Thought that too.

Wouldnt be surprised to see them maybe do Hillsboro Park in Sheffield too. Arctic Monkeys are there next summer so they might end the tour on that stage.

There's been no license given out for the Park other than the two AM dates (SJM were given the Friday, Saturday and Sunday but elected to only use the Saturday and Friday due to early curfew on the Sunday) and Tramlines.

Which pretty much restricts Pulp to either Sheffield Arena or headline at Tramlines

4 minutes ago, SleepingGiants said:

There's been no license given out for the Park other than the two AM dates (SJM were given the Friday, Saturday and Sunday but elected to only use the Saturday and Friday due to early curfew on the Sunday) and Tramlines.

Which pretty much restricts Pulp to either Sheffield Arena or headline at Tramlines

Own dates including Sheffield Arena, they sell out. Sub at Glastonbury and finish with APE.

58 minutes ago, SleepingGiants said:

Surely pulp could just do the sunday

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It was wonderful, although feels such a long time ago now. Saw them at the Park that year too. Hoping to do the double header of Glastonbury and their own gig again this year...

Would be decent.

I'm still gutted to miss the 2011 reunion, so I'll just take what I can get. What that looks like I guess it's up to what is announced.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

It was brilliant. Always sticks in my head because I burst into some weird kind of emotional nostalgia tears when they started playing. I’d seen them in 95 and 96, and something triggered in me seeing them as a 34-year-old with a pregnant wife

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

It was brilliant. Always sticks in my head because I burst into some weird kind of emotional nostalgia tears when they started playing. I’d seen them in 95 and 96, and something triggered in me seeing them as a 34-year-old with a pregnant wife

you remembered the first time....

i'll get my coat 👀

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

With bands like Pulp, who I loved in my teens, I always find it really emotional to approach those lyrics again in my late 30s. There is a totally different perspective that comes with age. I remember looking ahead to what I expected my adult life would be like and now I look back like all those lyrics make sense now.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

With bands like Pulp, who I loved in my teens, I always find it really emotional to approach those lyrics again in my late 30s. There is a totally different perspective that comes with age. I remember looking ahead to what I expected my adult life would be like and now I look back like all those lyrics make sense now.

Think that’s spot on. It all hit me at once. Quite overwhelming. So many of their songs hit in a different way now.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, SleepingGiants said:

What's wrong with Tramlines? Have you ever been?

I have. I don't like what it's become, it's become very soulless and corporate, which isn't how it began. I have fond memories of going around to different venues putting on Tramlines events and now they barely happen because of the move to Hillsborough Park.

12 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

I have. I don't like what it's become, it's become very soulless and corporate, which isn't how it began. I have fond memories of going around to different venues putting on Tramlines events and now they barely happen because of the move to Hillsborough Park.

Although I partially agree with you, I think these kind of moves are always necessary for a festival to grow and attract larger acts.

15 minutes ago, SleepingGiants said:

Although I partially agree with you, I think these kind of moves are always necessary for a festival to grow and attract larger acts.

That didn't need to be the end goal for Tramlines though. It did more for music and the local economy in the earlier years by giving up and coming acts a stage and also cause a huge amount of people to go to bars in Sheffield.

Now it's just like every other inter-city festival.

So is the consensus that these shows are likely to be... June onwards? Or are we still non the wiser? I'll be doing everything in my power to go to one of them... panic is setting in though as I have other gigs in May/June and a stag do, can't go Glasto (so they're blatantly playing Glasto), so praying it's later in the year like July, Aug. 

First world problems of course, but I have to see them. It would break me if they're at Glasto the only year I cannot go. Fuck.