Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

On 7/29/2022 at 7:05 PM, Jay Pee said:

It's head scratching rather than offence. 

Just had half a dozen IPAs down a chilled pub with the dog and am now ALL IN for a Pulp tour!

Let's be honest. Jarvis a prince amongst men. There will deffo be new material. Let's do it!!!

Thought you said a dozen and I was about to proclaim you king of the world. Or ask if you were still alive. 

8 hours ago, Superscally said:

Thought you said a dozen and I was about to proclaim you king of the world. Or ask if you were still alive. 

Those days are long gone.  I am still alive but finding the world a bit challenging at the mo. Knocked the beer on the head for a few months, getting plenty of runs in around the Dee Marsh / Parkgate and taken up Yoga.

The world is so strange at the moment. When is all this disruption to life going to ease?

2 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Those days are long gone.  I am still alive but finding the world a bit challenging at the mo. Knocked the beer on the head for a few months, getting plenty of runs in around the Dee Marsh / Parkgate and taken up Yoga.

The world is so strange at the moment. When is all this disruption to life going to ease?

Me too man. Stay cool. Stay vertical x

6 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Eagerly awaiting news of concert dates and venues 😫 Pleeeeeease hurry.

Any predictions/insight?

Controversial prediction, based on no insight or knowledge whatsoever -

Tour of selected venues in Feb/March, done before Festival season even starts.

Yeah, it probably won't be that, but I don't accept the assumption that Pulp doing something automatically means Pulp playing festivals or Glastonbury specifically. Pulp/Jarvis often avoids the conventional approach, such as when he played that tiny tour of odd places in the middle of nowhere (my "local" show was in a cave I think), or when their original farewell show was in a science museum in Rotherham.

4 hours ago, incident said:

Controversial prediction, based on no insight or knowledge whatsoever -

Tour of selected venues in Feb/March, done before Festival season even starts.

Yeah, it probably won't be that, but I don't accept the assumption that Pulp doing something automatically means Pulp playing festivals or Glastonbury specifically. Pulp/Jarvis often avoids the conventional approach, such as when he played that tiny tour of odd places in the middle of nowhere (my "local" show was in a cave I think), or when their original farewell show was in a science museum in Rotherham.

I'd forgotten about the JARV IS tour playing a cave concert. Remember it being quite something when announced.

I did enjoy their set when I saw it at All Points East tbf. Though sounds like I missed the boat for seeing them again.

12 minutes ago, incident said:

They definitely also went to South America - a friend of mine saw them in Sao Paulo.

Yup, says they played Sao Paulo in November 2012 quite near the end of the reunion tour along will a full South American run. So it's not impossible, though we'll just have to wait and see if their promoters and touring agents reckon it's worth such an adventure.

On 9/10/2022 at 1:08 PM, Stokesy10 said:

Eagerly awaiting news of concert dates and venues 😫 Pleeeeeease hurry.

Any predictions/insight?

they probably won't do many festivals. reforms are always about the money, and festivals is not the way to make the most.