Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

7 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

I saw a line saying Richard Hawley will be with them for Sheffield... SURELY he will be at all of them?

This will be my first ever Pulp gig and I'm a lifelong fan. I've watched the Reading gig countless times, particularly for the Sunrise moment... it's otherworldly.

There's gonna be so many moments where I may cry. Oh man.

Same here. I had two chances to see them, Leeds 2011 and Sheffield 2012 and didn't take either due to money constraints at the time. I thought I would never have another chance to see them again and I would be taking such a regret to my grave, but here I am, £90 down and worth every penny.

That Reading performance has to be one of the greatest festival sets I've never watched in person. And that segue from Hardcore to Sunrise is just sublime, they couldn't have picked a better pairing of songs to play back to back live. Like the daybreak at the end of a long dark night.

Honestly I can't think of many other artists who have released four perfect albums in a row (His N' Hers to We Love Life). The Smiths, Manics and Tool, that's it.

Edited by VCK
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gfa said:

If they did other they'd steal the pyramid headliner's crowd - especially if against GNR. they'd fit well under elton or AM

If they headline the Other Stage it would have to be up against a very strong headliner otherwise I do think they would have a huge crowd. Even those who maybe don't know them that well will be won over if they put them on their Glastonbury playlists. 

As a Pulp obsessive I'm really proud/emotional that there seems to be such goodwill towards them and interest in seeing them after all these years. Remember, they split to a whimper at the end of 2002. I honestly thought Finsbury and a second Sheff Arena gig was over-ambitious.

Hopefully, their legions of fans in Latin America, Spain, France and the US/Canada get to see them on a second leg. And maybe they can add more intimate less hits-heavy UK shows too.

I’m really pleased that the response to this tour has been so positive and that it appears to have sold very well. It’s interesting to consider how these sales compare to acts being bandied around as Glastonbury headliners. Is it really so unthinkable that they would be considered to headline? 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It is - quite surprising too.  I've only been a couple of times - Radiohead and Queen - and both were a long way from sold out.

I went to Radiohead and a couple of days last year. Was noticeably busier for Fender/Nutini last year. 

Actually think they’ve done quite a canny job with their bookings this year, not necessarily in terms of personal favourites* but in terms of a balanced bill and hitting their audience.

*though I have a three day ticket. I mean, it’s a 15-minute taxi ride away

Edited by MEGABOWL

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

If they headline the Other Stage it would have to be up against a very strong headliner otherwise I do think they would have a huge crowd. Even those who maybe don't know them that well will be won over if they put them on their Glastonbury playlists. 

Our lot would pick them easily over GNR and Elton i think (some would be sad about elton but pulp are last chance as well as elton). AM would be split, most of us have seen AM before and they are well... AM

Lets just hope for one more UK Pulp date this summer eh!

I decided not to enter the madness today.  I think I would be chasing the memory of the 2011 Park set, which is probably the best gig I've ever been to.  It was a hard decision and the Fomo is massive. 

Hope you all have the best time x

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Didn't get on at 9am for Scarborough as was at work. I am empty handed.

I have 2 standing for sale face value. I can show proof, payment by PayPal business so you have the buyers protection. 

also managed to get Bridlington tickets which why I’m selling. 

I’ll be putting them on twickets tonight if no response 

• Like 1

It's still not quite sunk in for me.

I've agreed not to go GF this year cos of a 1 and 3 year old at home and don't want to leave the wife alone for that many days, but I've made up for it with a lot of individual gigs (wife included with some!), but my main aim after securing Squeeze, Elton, Pink, Arctics tickets... was Jarvis and Pulp. Knowing full fucking well that they'll be at GF given I'm not there, I needed to see them - it would have killed me if not and there would have been a total TV and media blackout from June-August to avoid anything remotely GF related.

I'd have given anything to see them on the hallowed turf... but this has softened the blow massively. I cannot wait.

Why don't you shut the door....

Edited by Stokesy10

47 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

It's still not quite sunk in for me.

I've agreed not to go GF this year cos of a 1 and 3 year old at home and don't want to leave the wife alone for that many days, but I've made up for it with a lot of individual gigs (wife included with some!), but my main aim after securing Squeeze, Elton, Pink, Arctics tickets... was Jarvis and Pulp. Knowing full fucking well that they'll be at GF given I'm not there, I needed to see them - it would have killed me if not and there would have been a total TV and media blackout from June-August to avoid anything remotely GF related.

I'd have given anything to see them on the hallowed turf... but this has softened the blow massively. I cannot wait.

Why don't you shut the door....

Glad you're getting to see them! Did you decide on Warrington or elsewhere in the end?

On 11/4/2022 at 4:42 PM, MEGABOWL said:

Trnsmt saying Friday day tickets sold out, which is impressive.

This has wrong footed me as I thought I’d just leave it till much nearer the time. I think…..they announce day tickets sold out as they want to continue to push the full weekend ticket. More day tickets to be made available next year hopefully 🙏 

18 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Glad you're getting to see them! Did you decide on Warrington or elsewhere in the end?

Got Cardiff tickets in the end! A mate lives a 15 min walk from the arena and offered me a place to stay so that steered it slightly. More than happy with that. Did you?