What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

12 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Ordered this 

77E41320-9D1E-49B7-8004-C3E11117E663.png

Is this so you can slowly turn your whole body into the Glasto map? The helicopter just swinging around your wrist all weekend? I'd hate to think where Sandalism would be 😆

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

53 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Is this so you can slowly turn your whole body into the Glasto map? The helicopter just swinging around your wrist all weekend? I'd hate to think where Sandalism would be 😆

I’m not yet sure if / how it might work but I have the crane , ribbon tower and pyramid  already made so might well recreate some of the Glastonbury site In spare room 

Booked the Thursday of coach sale off work so there is no chance of being stuck on any calls come sale time. 

Also take 2 of meeting potential dog sitter today. The first one for what she was charging was an absolute no. She basically told us she did it as easy money while waiting for her pension to kick in. Only owned one dog herself for 3 years and she gave it away when moving house. They didn't feel like £65 a day credentials to me!! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Booked the Thursday of coach sale off work so there is no chance of being stuck on any calls come sale time. 

Also take 2 of meeting potential dog sitter today. The first one for what she was charging was an absolute no. She basically told us she did it as easy money while waiting for her pension to kick in. Only owned one dog herself for 3 years and she gave it away when moving house. They didn't feel like £65 a day credentials to me!! 

Note to self: if ever applying at a dog sitter job, make sure you... like dogs and say you have experience? 😛

Edited by moogster

3 minutes ago, moogster said:

Note to self: if ever applying at a dog sitter job, make sure you... like dogs and say you have experience? 😛

Let's just say I had more confidence in the teenager we used last year as she had more experience, actually seemed to like dogs and was almost half the price! Given my dogs are relatively tricky customers I'd like someone who didn't bail on their own dog the moment it became inconvenient to them as a starting point. 

Spreadsheet with mine and some of my mates details semi-sorted. 

Still waiting to hear from part of the group whether they have registered or not.... despite my prompts/messages.

It just feels like some of my mates are just not as enthusiastic as I am about potentially going to Glastonbury 😄 

1 minute ago, sfroml said:

Still waiting to hear from part of the group whether they have registered or not.... despite my prompts/messages.

It just feels like some of my mates are just not as enthusiastic as I am about potentially going to Glastonbury 😄 

Harsh as it might seem maybe a deadline should be imposed so you are ready give them till 1 week before the sale maybe 

52 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Harsh as it might seem maybe a deadline should be imposed so you are ready give them till 1 week before the sale maybe 

Yes, I'd thought this already. 

2 of my mates have sorted details etc. And I've messaged the others but no response of late (despite initial interest). At the end of the day, if they want to try and get tickets then great, if they don't, fair enough. Don't want to feel like I'm railroading them into going.... 

20 hours ago, sfroml said:

In a similar boat. I don't mind if the others don't register - but I'd like them to come. We've got our big six locked in on the spreadsheet anyway and we know the score when it comes to T-day.

1 hour ago, rgill3 said:

In a similar boat. I don't mind if the others don't register - but I'd like them to come. We've got our big six locked in on the spreadsheet anyway and we know the score when it comes to T-day.

Yep, I'd love my best fiend of 44 years to go, he's never been to Glastonbury. Managed to get him along to V and Leeds (albeit for day tickets). But he said he'd only go to Glastonbury if we hired a camper van.

I just can't justify the massive expensive that would involve mainly so he can (in his words)  "go for a poo in a clean toilet that no one else is able to use". Apparently, even if we did go via a campervan he would have sole access to the toilet!

Not sure how I'd split the cost then as ratio?

4 minutes ago, sfroml said:

Yep, I'd love my best fiend of 44 years to go, he's never been to Glastonbury. Managed to get him along to V and Leeds (albeit for day tickets). But he said he'd only go to Glastonbury if we hired a camper van.

I just can't justify the massive expensive that would involve mainly so he can (in his words)  "go for a poo in a clean toilet that no one else is able to use". Apparently, even if we did go via a campervan he would have sole access to the toilet!

Get a toilet tent and donate copious amounts to some charity as an apology? Offset your toilet tent

On 10/13/2022 at 9:49 AM, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m not yet sure if / how it might work but I have the crane , ribbon tower and pyramid  already made so might well recreate some of the Glastonbury site In spare room 

Now that you've said this, I've never seen a full-scale Glastonbury model of the entire site. Perhaps not with the campervan parking etc, but the closest I've seen are the Lego versions of stages and other selected areas like the one in the link. It would be a huge undertaking and might consume every minute of your weekends/week nights, but it would be bloody impressive to have a miniature village version of the Farm.

https://www.nme.com/photos/this-lego-recreation-of-glastonbury-is-hilariously-detailed-1427315

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 9:35 AM, sfroml said:

Sticklinch is a much better place to stay for that requirement in a pre erected tent. If you stay in a van then it's best to not do 2's in it, firstly as the smell can linger for a bit and secondly because it will affect how soon you need to empty the loo - plus it may be a trek back to the van. 

Sticklinch you can get a pre erected tent for less money and they have about two dozen flushing loos which are constantly cleaned and monitored, plus compost loos up the hill and showers too. 

Archive page here http://web.archive.org/web/20210813163336/https://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/sticklinch-accommodation-options/

Gotten over my text anxiety & messaged a few different friends that could be interested in coming to the festival, building my own spreadsheet. 

Have usually been going with just the girlfriend, but it does seem that having more friends trying for tickets gives us better odds. (though if someone who isn't in our specific group of 4/6 get tickets, then I've kind of shot myself in the foot)

On 10/13/2022 at 9:10 AM, parsonjack said:

Set up and tested Auto Refresh and a Text Expander with shortcuts to group reg/postcode details on 3 laptops.

Also given myself a calendar reminder for a complete full set up and simulated ticket day attack ahead of the coach sale.

Nearly ready.....😬 

Ah! the old text expander.... I couldnt think what it was called. Found it now. Thanks!

On 10/15/2022 at 11:39 AM, clarkete said:

Sticklinch is a much better place to stay for that requirement in a pre erected tent. If you stay in a van then it's best to not do 2's in it, firstly as the smell can linger for a bit and secondly because it will affect how soon you need to empty the loo - plus it may be a trek back to the van. 

Sticklinch you can get a pre erected tent for less money and they have about two dozen flushing loos which are constantly cleaned and monitored, plus compost loos up the hill and showers too. 

Archive page here http://web.archive.org/web/20210813163336/https://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/sticklinch-accommodation-options/

Thanks for that. I'll have a word with him..... 🙂 

Booked a holiday that clashes  with Glastonbury, I may regret doing so but having waited 2 1/2 years for this years festival I’m not that fussed about going next year, just finding it hard to get enthusiastic about it already. Been to 3 of the last 4 so it’s time to do something else.

• 2 weeks later...