What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Sounds pretty tidy. I'd be interested in this!

It works well … it does need a couple of people that are prepared to put in some time to organise it though … see how things go in the main sale it hopefully won’t be needed …  

• Upvote 1

Continued work on convincing Mrs B we should be trying for tickets in October (she says we can't afford to go every year - she's right to be fair, but I'd rather find a way round it than accept it). 

Currently the tactic is hyping up Elton John as headliner, as she's desperate to see him. I don't care how likely it is... 
Right now the cheapest tickets on Twickets for the Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour (without a restricted view) are £300 each. I've been pointing out this is more than a Glastonbury ticket. The cost of a hotel would be roughly equivalent to a campervan ticket, and this year we managed to keep our onsite spending below £200 without even trying to rein it in. Admittedly, we got to the merch stand too late for there to be any decent items still in stock, otherwise it would have been up to £100 more. That probably roughly equals our spending cost for transport to London, drinks and dinner etc if we went to see Reg on his own. 

Anyway, I think that builds a pretty compelling argument for Glastonbury over standalone Relton tickets. With the potential for a massive backfire when he isn't booked... 

I'm also planning on telling her there's already £30 in my Monzo Glasto pot just from roundup on three weeks of transactions. 

Here's hoping it all works. 

Edited by blutarsky
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Continued work on convincing Mrs B we should b trying for tickets in October (she says we can't afford to go every year - she's right to be fair, but I'd rather find a way round it than accept it). 

Currently the tactic is hyping up Elton John as headliner, as she's desperate to see him. I don't care how likely it is... 
Right now the cheapest tickets on Twickets for the Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour (without a restricted view) are £300 each. I've been pointing out this is more than a Glastonbury ticket. The cost of a hotel would be roughly equivalent to a campervan ticket, and this year we managed to keep our onsite spending below £200 without even trying to rein it in. Admittedly, we got to the merch stand too late for their to be any decent items still in stock, otherwise it would have been up to £100 more. That probably roughly equals our spending cost for transport to London, drinks and dinner etc if we wnet to see Reg on his own. 

Anyway, I think that builds a pretty compelling argument for Glastonbury over standalone Relton tickets. With the potential for a massive backfire when he isn't booked... 

I'm also planning on telling her there's already £30 in my Monzo Glasto pot just from roundup on three weeks of transactions. 

Maybe ask your parents for cash for your Glastonbury fund for Christmas and birthday presents. It seems like they understand what Glastonbury is all about and that might help. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Continued work on convincing Mrs B we should be trying for tickets in October (she says we can't afford to go every year - she's right to be fair, but I'd rather find a way round it than accept it). 

Right now the cheapest tickets on Twickets for the Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour (without a restricted view) are £300 each. I've been pointing out this is more than a Glastonbury ticket. The cost of a hotel would be roughly equivalent to a campervan ticket, and this year we managed to keep our onsite spending below £200 without even trying to rein it in. Admittedly, we got to the merch stand too late for there to be any decent items still in stock, otherwise it would have been up to £100 more. That probably roughly equals our spending cost for transport to London, drinks and dinner etc if we went to see Reg on his own. 

£300 for elton ??? Why is it that expensive? I paid £106 for a great seat at anfield , I think I was in the first section of seats but halfway through most people left there seats to dance at the front of the stage👍

15 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I've only just noticed this post. £300 - each!? What the fuck is happening? I was asked if me and my wife wanted to go to see Wet Leg somewhere in Birmingham, at some point in time before Christmas - I can't recall the specifics. Well, all bar the cost, I can't - £90. Each! That sort of thing is normal now though, isn't it? Madness. Mind you, there's a school of thought that would suggest that my perspective and madness are aligned.

10 hours ago, gazzared said:

£300 for elton ??? Why is it that expensive? I paid £106 for a great seat at anfield , I think I was in the first section of seats but halfway through most people left there seats to dance at the front of the stage👍

Its a really expensive seat put on twickets surely (can’t go over face value), and i guess people who are willing to spend £300 go straight to viagogo rather than twickets etc? Thats what it sounds like to me

18 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've only just noticed this post. £300 - each!? What the fuck is happening? I was asked if me and my wife wanted to go to see Wet Leg somewhere in Birmingham, at some point in time before Christmas - I can't recall the specifics. Well, all bar the cost, I can't - £90. Each! That sort of thing is normal now though, isn't it? Madness. Mind you, there's a school of thought that would suggest that my perspective and madness are aligned.

I’ve got tickets for the wet leg tour and face value is £15. Still quite small venues, I’m half expecting the tour to be cancelled, then rescheduled at bigger venues for 3 times the price. 

18 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

hold on a sec, wet leg tickets direct are £90 surely not? is it like ticketmaster surge pricing or something - surely that cannot be face value

23 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I’ve got tickets for the wet leg tour and face value is £15. Still quite small venues, I’m half expecting the tour to be cancelled, then rescheduled at bigger venues for 3 times the price. 

Well, the thing is that I received this information from a bloke called Gerry. Now, if anybody thought my own narcotic indulgence wasm extreme, it is (and I mean this) nothing com,pared to that of Gerry's. He was the man who messaged that it would be £90 each. My wife's response to this message was for him to 'Fuck off, there's no way we're paying that'. However, Gerry may have / must have got it dramatically wrong. He would not have been trying to skank us. It would be the mere fact that he had, at that time, artificially rendered himself 'different'.* So, very different to the life of our own dear Queen.

* - Insane!

I've just had a look at tickets on viagogo and seen them for sale at £101 to £118!

I watched them from the tricketts bar whilst drinking pints of butcombe gold and can't decide whether they are really shite and just taking the piss or are actually really good 🤷‍♂️ strolled down for the chair song to get a good spot for confidence man 

My walking shoes were starting to fall apart (upper separating from the soles) so sought out a new pair. Couldn't get the same sort again as the current version of the shoe isn't waterproof/ Gore-Tex so had to research something entirely new. Fingers crossed I've not been sold a pup. 

But nuff time to break them in.

On 7/14/2022 at 11:46 AM, blutarsky said:

I’m debating not going next year due to the cost. My kids had a great time but they also want to go abroad and I know my wife does. I don’t think we can afford Glastonbury and a holiday abroad, might have to start rotating yearly 

27 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

I’m debating not going next year due to the cost.

Really not surprised.

I'm amazed anyone can afford it, esp with a family.

I was having a chat with my Glastonbury boss, trying to estimate how much it might cost the average public ticket holder. We reckoned probably about a grand all in.

I spent less than £200 all in, inc transport, don't pay for my ticket.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

I was having a chat with my Glastonbury boss, trying to estimate how much it might cost the average public ticket holder. We reckoned probably about a grand all in.

Ticket is around £300 

travel can be between £50 and £150

bits for festival £100 (clothes, camping stuff, batteries etc)

booze for fest £80

food and drink at festival £200

sundries £50

That doesn’t include stuff like worthy view or if you book a hotel the day before or after. It also doesn’t include gear. 

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Really not surprised.

I'm amazed anyone can afford it, esp with a family.

I spent less than £200 all in, inc transport, don't pay for my ticket.

I did it for around 5-600. £350 ish for london coach, £70 inside on food, £60 on booze (drank my own fully), probably £100 on other bits maybe

I have tent etc already, thinking about a trolley for next time but price will be negligible in 5 years after tons of weekenders anyway. If you don't camp normally then it will cost a good £100-200 more than regulars i think

12 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

I’m debating not going next year due to the cost. My kids had a great time but they also want to go abroad and I know my wife does. I don’t think we can afford Glastonbury and a holiday abroad, might have to start rotating yearly 

I’ve started saving into a Monzo Glastonbury pot using IFTT, roundup, a monthly £5 and have been doing some extra bits at work. Anything not spent out of my personal spending budget at the end of the month is going in there too. Got £90 in there so far which I’m really pleased with considering it’s only been a month. 

10 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Ticket is around £300 

travel can be between £50 and £150

bits for festival £100 (clothes, camping stuff, batteries etc)

booze for fest £80

food and drink at festival £200

sundries £50

That doesn’t include stuff like worthy view or if you book a hotel the day before or after. It also doesn’t include gear. 

Our travel is the lower end of that, but add a camper pass on at £125. We spent about that much on “sundries” this year, but would normally expect to spend more. 

I reckon £800 would be about right but then a second ticket needs adding = £1k, hence the saving target. 

The good news is that at the current rate I’m on track. 

0C12A8F8-FD8A-4177-81E5-BF697BF561F4.thumb.jpeg.a9c834a67f47df07bde8da2c3054d288.jpeg

Edited by blutarsky