What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Freeze drying… 

Definitely. I have a dehydrator for that 🙂Although only ever grown my own and not picked any Liberty caps  

I just got confused by someone suggesting picking in Autumn when it sounds like they meant they were buying pre-dried in Netherlands and shipping over. 

12 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

Definitely. I have a dehydrator for that 🙂Although only ever grown my own and not picked any Liberty caps  

I just got confused by someone suggesting picking in Autumn when it sounds like they meant they were buying pre-dried in Netherlands and shipping over. 

I wanted to ship them over because I'm worried about picking a variety that isn't psilocybin and having a bad time (as Mackey would say).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I wanted to ship them over because I'm worried about picking a variety that isn't psilocybin and having a bad time (as Mackey would say).

You won’t find any growing at that time of year, unless you’re lucky enough to know some wood chip areas that are sprouting cyanescens (wavy caps). Though still don’t think they come along until the temps drop later in the year. They’ve been known to pop up around supermarket car parks, etc! 

Is there any loophole in Netherlands that means you can still purchase mushrooms legally? I know you can buy truffles. 

9 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

You won’t find any growing at that time of year, unless you’re lucky enough to know some wood chip areas that are sprouting cyanescens (wavy caps). Though still don’t think they come along until the temps drop later in the year. They’ve been known to pop up around supermarket car parks, etc! 

Is there any loophole in Netherlands that means you can still purchase mushrooms legally? I know you can buy truffles. 

Legally is an interesting word when it comes to the Dutch drug laws. Did a quick search in Dutch for you and it seems you can buy the growkits or spores. Did find some that ship to the UK. 

(I keep on editing because re-reading I see what the idea is, to have ready ones in the UK, so the above isn't of help)

Edited by moogster

12 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

Sorry, should be more specific, they're truffles from a website in Netherlands. I live in Germany, so I was gonna have them delivered to the hotel in the UK before I flew in on the Tues. Totally hush-hush, nondescript boxing etc. Pick them up and take them to the fest!

18 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Sorry, should be more specific, they're truffles from a website in Netherlands. I live in Germany, so I was gonna have them delivered to the hotel in the UK before I flew in on the Tues. Totally hush-hush, nondescript boxing etc. Pick them up and take them to the fest!

Looks like the websites are quite into nondescript boxing indeed but the customs between EU and the UK are a massive pain so : they'd have to list contents, and even if they write "truffels for risotto" I'm guessing anything organic is a no. Plus the tax thing. If they do list the UK as a country to ship to I'm guessing they have a way. 

Maybe ask the shop if it would fit/send NOT in a parcel but as regular mail? I'm guessing it's not something they would advertise for on the website. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, moogster said:

Looks like the websites are quite into nondescript boxing indeed but the customs between EU and the UK are a massive pain so : they'd have to list contents, and even if they write "truffels for risotto" I'm guessing anything organic is a no. Plus the tax thing. If they do list the UK as a country to ship to I'm guessing they have a way. 

Maybe ask the shop if it would fit/send NOT in a parcel but as regular mail? I'm guessing it's not something they would advertise for on the website. 

Thanks for the tip! See how it goes, all dependent if I get tickets in Oct anyway I guess.

Met up with a couple of mates last night for a drink, not seen one of them since pre lockdown #1. Discussed going to Glastonbury and both up for going! One of them has never been and was always a bit unsure about going (the whole toilet, lack of sleep thing). 

Next step is just to try and secure the flippin' tickets!

Had a practice last weekend of drinking/having two big nights out in a row. Was an absolute shitshow on Sunday, although more out of tiredness than anything else. Don't still feel fully awake.

If we're going to go to Glasto, def need to be strategic about when the big nights out are. It's a young man's/woman's game all this partying.

• Like 1

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Had a practice last weekend of drinking/having two big nights out in a row. Was an absolute shitshow on Sunday, although more out of tiredness than anything else. Don't still feel fully awake.

If we're going to go to Glasto, def need to be strategic about when the big nights out are. It's a young man's/woman's game all this partying.

Being strategic about nights out is important.

My preference is to make every night a big night out.

Here's how I do it:

1. Eat well during daylight hours.

2. Keep well hydrated.

3. Absolutely no alcohol.

4. Get some sleep every morning, at least 4 hours, preferably 6.

5. MDMA, just enough to stay awake, dance, keep happy and smiley. 

I'm no "spring chicken", but this well tried and tested formula has worked for at least a decade.

4 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Being strategic about nights out is important.

My preference is to make every night a big night out.

Here's how I do it:

1. Eat well during daylight hours.

2. Keep well hydrated.

3. Absolutely no alcohol.

4. Get some sleep every morning, at least 4 hours, preferably 6.

5. MDMA, just enough to stay awake, dance, keep happy and smiley. 

I'm no "spring chicken", but this well tried and tested formula has worked for at least a decade.

I think I would really struggle with no.5. All the others, I pretty much do already. 

I always get worried about doing 5 straight nights of mandy, but then I'm not really sure why. Just feels wrong somehow, lol 

14 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I think I would really struggle with no.5. All the others, I pretty much do already. 

I always get worried about doing 5 straight nights of mandy, but then I'm not really sure why. Just feels wrong somehow, lol 

Check out https://rollsafe.org/mdma/#taking-mdma-molly-ecstasy

To be risk free you need to  be 5 weeks between doses. From what I know ( not an expert) 5 days on it would seriously fuck up your seratonin levels and the come down would be significant. 

I’ll personally only roll twice at the festival but many people do the 5 days and seem fine on it