What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Packed last night. Coach is 2pm tomorrow, wanted to be able to chill tonight.

No matter how many times I've been (this is number 9) I still panic about all sorts til I'm there; first time going on the coach, and solo, hasn't helped matters. Someone else taking my tent also makes me paranoid. 

Fast forward 36 hours and everything will be bliss

those last min bits ... give me nerves I can only relax when im at the campsite ..... but then boy its worth it 

5 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

You had lemon sherbets knocking around in your cupboards @Quark? Nice work tho. 

I’m staring out of the window at the grey clouds willing for them to go away (then getting my nails done). 

Leftover bag from last year's concoction 😁

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Packed last night. Coach is 2pm tomorrow, wanted to be able to chill tonight.

No matter how many times I've been (this is number 9) I still panic about all sorts til I'm there; first time going on the coach, and solo, hasn't helped matters. Someone else taking my tent also makes me paranoid. 

Fast forward 36 hours and everything will be bliss

I'm on the coach on my own after another mate dropped out of resales, rest of our crew going by car on GA tickets, they have also taken some of my stuff for me, but will just be a bit of an odd start for me sitting on the coach for 2-3 hours not knowing anyone.  In fact I'll be on my own from 7am - midday ish which is perfectly fine, but usually going to festivals I'm in a big group getting all excited!

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm on the coach on my own after another mate dropped out of resales, rest of our crew going by car on GA tickets, they have also taken some of my stuff for me, but will just be a bit of an odd start for me sitting on the coach for 2-3 hours not knowing anyone.  In fact I'll be on my own from 7am - midday ish which is perfectly fine, but usually going to festivals I'm in a big group getting all excited!

Yeah exactly the same. Just thankful my mate is sorting my tent, should still get a good few hours in the evening.

Kind of happy in a way I'm doing the coach cause it'll probably make me just try for coach every time, once I've done it once. Would be nice to know someone though!

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Yeah exactly the same. Just thankful my mate is sorting my tent, should still get a good few hours in the evening.

Kind of happy in a way I'm doing the coach cause it'll probably make me just try for coach every time, once I've done it once. Would be nice to know someone though!

I'm sharing a tent with a mate so thankfully he will put it up for us and I will sort him out a few beers and a smoke to say thank you 🙂 

I have decided to go for coach since 2019 so not gone in the car since 2017 now.....it has its perks (easy to chill out, dropped off right outside PGA, can sleep on way home) but also there are drawbacks (have to take less/offload it to mates, departure and return times).  

Either way you get into the festival which is the main thing. 🙂 

Just done another supermarket run for last minute bits and bobs (for 'bits and bobs' read '4.5litres of vodka') and brimmed the car full of Shell's finest.

Now just need to pack this evening and tomorrow morning. I've got an exhaustive list, know where most of the stuff is (checked the tent this weekend) and we're leaving ~10am tomorrow (will be ~4hr drive I reckon). 

Have an amazing time on The Farm everyone!

5 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Packed. I think.

Anyone else always worried they have definitely forgotten something?

I realised I forgot to pack my tent pegs about half an hour ago. Small panic as I couldn’t actually find them, but they turned up. Phew. 

DON’T FORGET YOUR TICKET!! 😀

14 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Packed. I think.

Anyone else always worried they have definitely forgotten something?

Every time.

This time I'm leaving with no tent (someone else has taken it) and no ticket (get it on the coach). Feels VERY odd

I've got stuff out of the garage but am by no means packed. Currently trying to finish off some work I need to get done today, so I'll pack in the morning. Trip to go outdoors and supermarket on the way to grab some last bits and bobs. I really need to be more prepared next time!