What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 hour ago, mph said:

Yes to single coach tickets, with no return ticket, but it's only from Bristol, London and maybe couple of other places, you still get the festival ticket on the coach 

Oh really - my mistake then. Thing is coach is before main sale so you need to be certain you have someone to take you back!!

44 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I don’t know that going for the single tickets helps in any way in the sale ? 

Doubt it does but if that's the only option from your choice of departure why not do it ?

Worked first time with friends getting normal tickets giving us a lift back.

Next time no one else got tickets and that's all sort of problems but you work through them 

Just posted this is another thread but realise it might be more appropriate for here! Cancelled our wifi and got a new contract with a different provider who should be able to get us faster speeds! Would say it was money well spent but it's bizarrely cheaper than what we were paying before for crap. Taking no chances for T day haha

I went Booking.com crazy last night and booked (with free cancellation) three different rooms in different cities depending on my plan for flying over. One in Bath, one in Bristol, and one in London near Victoria Station. I'm hoping that direct flights reopen to Bristol from any airport near me, otherwise I might have to go to Stansted and take a train to Bath for the night and then get a coach from there. Or get to London via Stansted or Eurostar and stay the night in some little pokey hotel near Victoria, then meet friends and enjoy the neverending queues together for the coaches to Glasto. 

So many options, just hoping all my scheming isn't for nothing!

1 hour ago, moogster said:

Water boiler is not working. You can really get a decent shower out of 1.5 liter of kettle boiled water and a watering can!

My friends bought one of those rechargeable battery powered showers and it worked great sucking the hot water out of a collapsible bucket. 

I think this was the one

https://amzn.eu/d/9gw8gx7

Edited by gazzared

• 2 weeks later...

Meeting with friends who announce they will have a big party next year because they are getting married (date unknown, but summer)

In car with Other Half, decision was VERY quickly taken that if it was THAT week, and the ticket Gods were nice enough, we would NOT go to the wedding. I mean we know the GL dates, not the wedding. First announced has dibs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moogster said:

Meeting with friends who announce they will have a big party next year because they are getting married (date unknown, but summer)

In car with Other Half, decision was VERY quickly taken that if it was THAT week, and the ticket Gods were nice enough, we would NOT go to the wedding. I mean we know the GL dates, not the wedding. First announced has dibs.

Wait, is this like in Germany where they get married quietly at a registry office and then have the party/reception months or even a year later? If that's the case here, without doubt it's okay to sack off the party if they already got married ages before.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

22 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Wait, is this like in Germany where they get married quietly at a registry office and then have the party/reception months or even a year later? If that's the case here, without doubt it's okay to sack off the party if they already got married ages before.

Yeah something like that. In France the default is that you go to city hall and/or church, then maybe the rest. It is super weird to go to a party for an event you didn't really attend.

But when hearing this I had those posts from people hear who have those terrible dilemmas on weddings vs Glasto and a swift clarification and decision was taken 😛

On 10/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, moogster said:

Yeah something like that. In France the default is that you go to city hall and/or church, then maybe the rest. It is super weird to go to a party for an event you didn't really attend.

But when hearing this I had those posts from people hear who have those terrible dilemmas on weddings vs Glasto and a swift clarification and decision was taken 😛

Absolutey, 100%, a clear decision has to be made. If you dally about then the doubts set in! Haha. It's better to give them a clear no than mess anyone about. You also get to concentrate on all things Glasto without worrying about what you're going to be wearing to a party that should have taken place months before 😄

Thinking of excuses has become 10x easier now that I have young children. No matter what I want to do or don't want to do, I can use my kids like a get out of jail free card.