LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Christ that's f**king utterly woeful for Glasto standards, especially Pyramid. Jesus.

As someone without a ticket, I will still 10000% be trying and praying. Plenty on there I'd want to see and explore, but yeh, let's not pretend that's not one of the worst line ups in decades.

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Looks like an absolute belter apart from the Pyramid headliners. LCD and Janelle on the Pyramid will be all timers. 

Agreed, I’ll only be seeing Coldplay as Pyramid headliner but there’s a huge amount else I’m excited about!

It's weak, no escaping that. Still plenty for me to see but feels like a mid-tier festival line up than the G. Seems a difficult year for festivals across the board. Stevie Nicks is a huge miss, gutted about that one. Pulp must surely be doing next year as a last hurrah.

I feel like times are hard and Glastonbury are now going for cheaper nostalgia bookings in unusually high spots on the lineup. They tried it out last year with Sophie Ellis Bextor and it went down well with the crowd, so they know they can get away with it. This year the likes of Twain, Keane, Paloma Faith in big spots. I think the masses like that, but I think the Pyramid Stage is in danger of becoming Rewind Festival.

• Upvote 2