LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

I reckon it’s pretty clear there’ll be no announcement separate from a poster at this point.

If we’re believing the rumours, Dua’s been a lock for months. Why suddenly announce her now with a few short weeks before the poster, via a four person panel at a talk in Oxford with no fanfare? The same goes with the idea there’ll be a few women announced. It’s wishful thinking at best. 

Edited by kalifire

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

My guess is some strong hints to help us work a few things out but no name drops. Hope I'm wrong!

"I can't give any names away, but we're dua line up drop soon"
image.jpeg.e4fefef18803e39cc32a6387e79d9bce.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 10

24 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I reckon it’s pretty clear there’ll be no announcement separate from a poster at this point.

If we’re believing the rumours, Dua’s been a lock for months. Why suddenly announce her now with a few short weeks before the poster, via a four person panel at a talk in Oxford with no fanfare? The same goes with the idea there’ll be a few women announced. It’s wishful thinking at best. 

To give publicity to the cause of giving women the same chances in music?

Its something Emily appears passionate about and would try to promote 

Yeah I'm also on the 'expect nothing' train today, although at least that way any crumb of info will be a pleasant bonus.

More likely is we'll get some stupidly cryptic comment and spend another two weeks pulling it apart before we get an actual poster.

Can't imagine any names will be given but if the 3rd headliner has been finalised and it is SZA or O-Rod, I could see her saying that they have 2 female headliners plus legend, which would of course corroborate info we have.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

They've announced via plenty of random methods in the past , posters in 2 Oxfam windows springs to mind 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

They've announced via plenty of random methods in the past , posters in 2 Oxfam windows springs to mind 

Yeah but those were all months before the lineup dropped. We’ve definitely reached the point now where it’s full poster drop or nothing; too late for anything else. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, FloopFiller said:

Yeah but those were all months before the lineup dropped. We’ve definitely reached the point now where it’s full poster drop or nothing; too late for anything else. 

im 50 / 50 On if we get something or not tbh , theres logic for both sides . Im going for a swim so on that alone I think something will make a splash 

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

You'd hope at least some are not about Glastonbury, for her sake. 

“Hello, yes. A question for Precious Mahaga. What do you think are the chances of Kings of Leon for a Churnups set this year?”