LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

7 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

The latest eFestival summary, let me know if there's any obvious errors before I send it across....

Screenshot (133).png

Adequate8 mentioned King Krule too as well as Mary Wallopers, Dexys and Moonchild Sanelly.

Also not sure whether we have any valid source for Janelle Monae?

2 minutes ago, Bods670 said:

Came out of my kitchen to find my 3 year old had built this ‘interesting’ version of what I can only assume is Carhenge. I’m taking it as a sign. Announcement incoming?! 👀

IMG_8539.jpeg

IMG_8542.jpeg

This is the most compelling evidence I have seen so far of an impending poster drop, definitely time to get excited.

I think the second picture represents the queue to get in 🚗🚗🚙🚙🚗🚗🚕

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Bods670 said:

Came out of my kitchen to find my 3 year old had built this ‘interesting’ version of what I can only assume is Carhenge. I’m taking it as a sign. Announcement incoming?! 👀

IMG_8539.jpeg

IMG_8542.jpeg

Impressive.  This is a creative and yet also meticulous human being. Either civil service or future career in some form of art/music employment.  Good on him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Can’t see anything other than a poster drop now and that’ll be a few weeks off . 

Get it back to the old days of just releasing it all in one go...I like it.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think it had got a bit silly/out of hand with every nugget of info being released separately. 

What’s the criteria for “Possible” line-up rumours? Wondering if Confidence Man should be dropped in after their like of @wozwebs recent tweet to them + that it looks like they’ll be at least in Europe if not UK around Glasto time.

Edit: Nevermind, I see them now under likely!

Edited by TheDayman
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bods670 said:

IMG_8539.jpeg

IMG_8542.jpeg

You might want to pop the installation of a football pitch by car henge in the site changes for 2024 thread as well !

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm never convinced by just a post 'like'. I've seen lots where it turns out the act just likes loads of tweets that happen to mention them.

Yeah agreed. Just because a band/artists likes it and wants to be there doesn’t mean they are.

Think we could be looking at a poster drop on 1st March, I’m hoping anyway 🤞

14 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think it had got a bit silly/out of hand with every nugget of info being released separately. 

I think they should just do what Boom Town have done. no announcements until just before the festival and then release everything. If we knew that is what they were doing it would be OK  

Just now, shuttlep said:

I think they should just do what Boom Town have done. no announcements until just before the festival and then release everything. If we knew that is what they were doing it would be OK  

That would be horrific. A big part of the experience for a lot of people is really digging in to the line-up and discovering new bands.

I also wonder if it would reduce the attractiveness of the festival to up and coming artists. Why do the fest for a fraction of your usual fee if your opportunity to acquire new fans is severely reduced?  

4 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

That would be horrific. A big part of the experience for a lot of people is really digging in to the line-up and discovering new bands.

I also wonder if it would reduce the attractiveness of the festival to up and coming artists. Why do the fest for a fraction of your usual fee if your opportunity to acquire new fans is severely reduced?  

Agreed. 

I love looking at the line up and discovering new acts, it enhances the experience being able to look at each poster drop and then spend hours on Spotify!

14 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

You’ll still get posters for each area, even if the first thing is a poster drop. 

15 minutes ago, stuie said:

You’ll still get posters for each area, even if the first thing is a poster drop. 

The individual area posters are joyous. It gives me that warm Glastonbury feeling when they start to drop every few days ❤️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

The individual area posters are joyous. It gives me that warm Glastonbury feeling when they start to drop every few days ❤️

Arguably more interesting that the main drop for me.  When you start getting the beautiful Glade, West Holts, Park etc. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm never convinced by just a post 'like'. I've seen lots where it turns out the act just likes loads of tweets that happen to mention them.

A new thing for scammers is to create a profile that has the name of band member and respond on the bands page to comments. 

For example nearly every comment on the KOL page including people asking are you playing Glastonbury has been liked by this profile that blatantly is not the real singer who presume uses a capital for his surname. 

At at glance it looks like a positive response but it's actually just some scammer tryna start dialogs with people 

Screenshot_20240220-100808_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Ben7amin_

9 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

I'd be well up for some of these getting dropped pre main poster in all honesty.

Don't think it would happen  but it would be great to build up to the main poster with park, WH & Woodsies prior to it.  

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, stuie said:

Arguably more interesting that the main drop for me.  When you start getting the beautiful Glade, West Holts, Park etc. 

Absolutely with the odd exception the Pyramid headliners tend to be the thing I am least worried about at the festival. It's the 7 way clashes at Midday on Saturday that i end up agonising over.

If it were possible, I propose confirmation of the three Pyramid headliners the Monday before the initial ticket sales (in early November), the initial poster the Monday before the resale (in early April) and the final lineup in the first week of June. That way, if people really do want to base their attendance on the headline acts, they can choose at that point whether to get a ticket or not. Same applies to the initial poster and resale. If you don't fancy it based on what's announced, don't get a ticket.

Probably not practical though as they seem to rely on their headliners selling tickets elsewhere before being able to announce. But, if that wasn't a restriction, that's what seems sensible to me. I'm not really that bothered in all honesty, I've always attended regardless of the lineup, more than happy to give over my money in October without knowing a thing and would do so, even if I still knew nothing walking through the gates in June. It is important to many though. It's a significant investment these days.

11 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If it were possible, I propose confirmation of the three Pyramid headliners the Monday before the initial ticket sales (in early November), the initial poster the Monday before the resale (in early April) and the final lineup in the first week of June. That way, if people really do want to base their attendance on the headline acts, they can choose at that point whether to get a ticket or not. Same applies to the initial poster and resale. If you don't fancy it based on what's announced, don't get a ticket.

Probably not practical though as they seem to rely on their headliners selling tickets elsewhere before being able to announce. But, if that wasn't a restriction, that's what seems sensible to me. I'm not really that bothered in all honesty, I've always attended regardless of the lineup, more than happy to give over my money in October without knowing a thing and would do so, even if I still knew nothing walking through the gates in June. It is important to many though. It's a significant investment these days.

You're suggesting headliners confirmed before everyone takes part in the battle for tickets? 

If so that would be mental imho

36 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Boomtown have only just started doing that since their lineups have become obviously weaker

They downsized over 10k to be fair to them

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

This is a shocking idea

if they had swift would be full of swifties

last year would have been full of blokes etc

14 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If it were possible, I propose confirmation of the three Pyramid headliners the Monday before the initial ticket sales...

Emily has said this won't happen as they don't want to skew the attendance towards fans of one act.