Crowd control issues

dulcificum

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yeah, of course, was just having a laugh because it sounded so funny. "Avoid all the popular pop crap". Haha.

In all seriousness, I'm thinking about writing to the festival through their contact form online and asking about the problems witnessed this year. Perhaps if enough ppl did that they'd reconsider pushing capacity up any higher and think about the price instead.

For example.

They raised capacity a few years ago by 7k, which generates an extra 2m quid (at 285 a ticket).

Across 150k regular attendees, they'd only need to increase the ticket another £13.50 to get the same figure back.

If they increased the ticket price by £50, they'd easily be able to maintain the capacity it was a few years back. 

Would need to be more like a £20 increase - cutting down the attendee numbers doesn’t just cut down income from ticket sales but also the take from food/drink/merch sales, which probably averages out at at least £150 per attendee. But broadly I agree. The Eavii would be the first to tell you that they prioritise keeping the ticket cost as low as possible, but when the event starts feeling unsafe then that just needs to change unfortunately. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

17 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Pyramid already looked nearly half full by the end of Herbie Hancock's (fucking amazing) set. Diana might be a shitshow.

Yes but a lot of picnic chairs rugs loungers even double air beds taking up a lot of space

boils my piss 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

45 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Very glad I left before the end of sports team

Feels like there's a giant mob just moving between the big names this year. Convinced the Tories sent tickets out to voters

Just positioned myself so I can watch them all crush each other en route to Diana Ross and I can go watch the Sniffers in hopefully relatively small crowd

It was horrible. Managed to get out after Sports Team. But the people were just streaming in for Ezra. Madness 

40 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Would need to be more like a £20 increase - cutting down the attendee numbers doesn’t just cut down income from ticket sales but also the take from food/drink/merch sales, which probably averages out at at least £150 per attendee. But broadly I agree. The Eavii would be the first to tell you that they prioritise keeping the ticket cost as low as possible, but when the event starts feeling unsafe then that just needs to change unfortunately. 

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted with a lack of say 20k and their money, but then perhaps they would have to reduce food stands and shops respectively. 

Regardless, they can't keep increasing it year on year unless they also increase the site and the options on offer and even then, for a headliner like Macca, the Pyramid can't hold people exponentially 

15 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Pyramid right now could possibly be more rammed for Diana than Paul...

I mean it is hard to to tell on telly cos Paul was obviously at night but it deffo looks bigger from my TV screen. Maybe a combination of very little competition, better live reputation and Sunday day ticketers? 

Edited by willgooneday

Just now, Barry Fish said:

You could still see spots last night with gaps which just aren't there today.  Behind the sound stages etc is totally rammed and they had space last night for example.

Don’t know why people bother standing behind the sound stages, surely just go to see someone else 😆