Crowd control issues

dulcificum

10 hours ago, stuie said:

SIA licenced security have to have first aid training these days, so it's surprising to hear this! 

That only came into effect since April 2021 for new licence holders and October 2021 for anyone renewing, so still a lot out current licence holders out there who haven't yet done the upskilling/first aid. 

10 hours ago, stuie said:

It's interesting to hear of different experiences.  Who did you steward with? 

SIA licenced security have to have first aid training these days, so it's surprising to hear this! 

Probably best that I don't name the specific areas I worked in. I will say, every volunteer I met, from the supervisors to the admin staff, to the stewards I worked with are all very experienced, always punctual and take the role very seriously. The security were pleasant lads, didn't sound like their working conditions were particularly good though, probably due to the fact that they weren't from the UK. As I say, their concern was more from a lack of health and safety/medical training/awareness. Where they're from they don't have a drinking culture and they certainly wouldn't know how to dig someone out of a k-hole

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, goldfishboy said:

hoping the enlargement of arcadia will mitigate some of the issues raised this time around

From the webcam, there's no tangible enlargement of the space. Still got backstage covering half the field, speaker scaffolding is maybe slightly large and the spider is a little different.

45 minutes ago, MJP said:

From the webcam, there's no tangible enlargement of the space. Still got backstage covering half the field, speaker scaffolding is maybe slightly large and the spider is a little different.

Nah, spider is further back from the left side as you look at it compared to last year. Way more space on that pathway into park to avoid crowd clash. 

Similarly rabbit hole and HMS sweet charity are set right back to the tree line which will probably free up a load more space on those entrance paths.

• 2 months later...