Searches at the gate

Euphoricape

We went in the “voluntary search” queue and were waved right through. Don’t think they could be arsed with unpacking our laden cart in the heat. 

Edit: I can only assume that those around us who refused to use the empty search queue will have ended up searched. 

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

1 minute ago, jow95 said:

From a security standpoint, which I know nothing about, they must rely on the fact they know the reg details of every attendee to ensure people with bad intentions don’t manage to get onto the farm.

how so ? registrations arent linked to anything .... many people have several that are active ? 

3 hours ago, ivan said:

I still chuckle at this from years ago

Walking down the hill of death and getting to the gate we passed security searching a mature ladies freezer box on a table  and the security guard pulled out the biggest bread knife .  It glinted in the sunlight like a samurai sword.

Holding it aloft like a warrior I just heard security say very politely   " Madam i can't let you take that in "

'mature ladies freezer box' sounds like a euphemism if ever I've heard one

• Upvote 2

last year, there was a group of people around us in the queue and one of them was monumentally fucked up.  Just absolutely off his face. He obviously got searched but his mates DIDN'T. I think it was a  'I volunteer as tribute' situation.  Especially when he yelled at the top of his lungs 'don't look in my wellies, they've got ket in'

(they did not have ket in)

Edited by GeezLouise

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

I completely forgot about Crispgate 2022

Was that an actual thing or just an unlucky punter getting his skips taken off him by a hungry security guard?

Actual thing but was apparently due to confusion because traders weren't allowed to take in crisps unless they were in recyclable bags. The security at Gate A thought that applied to everyone, were quickly corrected.

20 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I enjoy the stress people have over searches when it's probably the least strict festival I've ever encountered. 

We were told we could "volunteer to be searched" on the way in Wednesday, would have done it but the queue wasn't actually any shorter! 

last year at the separate search / no search queues at Ped D, at the empty queue for searches the steward said to me this way if you want to get through faster, I responded no thanks, he then shouted across the queue to everybody "we got a mule over here! Mule coming through!"

So yeah I got to keep all my... crisps...

Edited by FrancisH

31 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

last year at the separate search / no search queues at Ped D, at the empty queue for searches the steward said to me this way if you want to get through faster, I responded no thanks, he then shouted across the queue to everybody "we got a mule over here! Mule coming through!"

So yeah I got to keep all my... crisps...

Reminds me of Reading Festival in the early 80s.

Couple of scruffy hippies at the railway station telling people that drug squad were searching people down that way. Go this way (long way round) to exit to avoid search. Yep, they were undercover and it was a trap. Got loads of people apparently.

• 4 months later...

A friend was "searched" at Glasto after we'd been to the car for our second trip with all our chairs, booze etc. He was basically asked if he had anything on him and was looking to sell, to which he said no (and wasn't), was patted down and that was that. They only targeted him out of a group of 5 of us.

The funniest was at Reading circa 2005, some guy on security into the arena wanted to see what we had in our pockets. Friend of mine had a mint tin, which he was then asked to open. There were about six ecstasy pills with a crown or something printed on them.

Security guard: What's that?

My friend: Ermmm, paracetamol?

SC: Oh, now you mention it, I've got a bit of a headache, do you mind if I take one?

MF: Um, I'd rather you didn't...

SC: Nah, just fucking with you lads, enjoy your evening!

The guy was completely pulling our leg, witnessed the pills and didn't give a hoot. Let us in, laughing, as our worry turned into relief. I'll remember it forever, altho I didn't enjoy the prank so much at the time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Friend of mine had a mint tin, which he was then asked to open. 

Sometimes being this obvious can work. Me and a mate went to the gods of rap tour in Manchester, mate hid the joints about his person but forgot to leave his sodding tin at home with a gigantic weed leaf on the front. It was empty but they didn't even bother looking inside because they thought nobody could be that daft. 

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Sometimes being this obvious can work. Me and a mate went to the gods of rap tour in Manchester, mate hid the joints about his person but forgot to leave his sodding tin at home with a gigantic weed leaf on the front. It was empty but they didn't even bother looking inside because they thought nobody could be that daft. 

Yeah, exactly. Hide in plain sight and all that.

The only time I've had any real bother was from police and that was at Reading while we sat in our camping circle each rolling up. They only gave one of us a warning (out of about 6 people) tho because he happened to be unlucky and had his whole 8th out. Another in our group shat it completely and dived into his tent to hand over his 8th so he didn't get a warning while the rest of us just pleaded innocent and off they went.

It's to be expected at every festival really and I bet the police walking around Glasto must turn a blind eye to prob hundreds of drug infringements.  

I 'went in' once with all my mates and my medications. I lashed the 'load' to my leg under my jeans. There was quite a lot of kit there. I then put on a pair of fisherman's waders, and walked through the gate, no problem. I did it because my other mates were concerned about their jobs, careers etc. I couldn't have given more of a flying fuck about my own, so it was a no brainer. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I 'went in' once with all my mates and my medications. I lashed the 'load' to my leg under my jeans. There was quite a lot of kit there. I then put on a pair of fisherman's waders, and walked through the gate, no problem. I did it because my other mates were concerned about their jobs, careers etc. I couldn't have given more of a flying fuck about my own, so it was a no brainer. 

Ah yog don’t ever change 😂

3 hours ago, jonnyisRFC said:

image.png.16027d830bc4b0c2c46e3091b6b9b8c0.pngimage.png.b9234028be85b4d753b1ae11b24a2671.png

hmm lol

don't need to faff about with this though