Do we have a missing sub?

Matt42

Do we have a missing sub?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I love how after all this we are still doubting Glastonbury’s ability to get these acts in modest placements.

Megan as an other sub is fine. She can bring a full production and get a huge crowd. Billie / Dave / Stormzy have all done that slot before (or one similar) and been fine.

They just might not want this on the Pyramid and to be on tele or red button.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Is Megan too risque for the pyramid? They dont want all the children to learn how to twerk?  But Miley was ok? I think Megan is on the Puramid. That girl aint gonna settle for Other unless she was headlining. She gets to "headline" Reading, she gets a main stage spot here too.

She doesn't care about her placings shes 3rd down at Parklife even.

---

What about Lorde for saturday other?

41 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Actually, a complete lack of the Capaldi / Ezra / Tom Walker / James Bay / Tom Grennan axis is reason to be cheerful.

Whiny blokes with guitars have been roundly rejected for an absolute army of downbeat ladies, Glastonbury 2022 Sad Girl Summer.

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Sam Fender is just the new one of these but this forum won’t admit it.

Although he sometimes veers in to that territory, he’s at least got some listenable shit (aka all the streamlined Springsteen stuff) which is more than can be said about the rest. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Although he sometimes veers in to that territory, he’s at least got some listenable shit (aka all the streamlined Springsteen stuff) which is more than can be said about the rest. 

I actually only know one song (Hypersonic Missiles) which is alright. Heard some of that Seventeen Going Under song the other day. Sounds exactly the same. Assume all his songs do.

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I actually only know one song (Hypersonic Missiles) which is alright. Heard some of that Seventeen Going Under song the other day. Sounds exactly the same. Assume all his songs do.

I quite like his singles, so I’ve tried to listen to both his albums more than once. Every time I manage to forget each track as I’m listening to it. His music somehow leaves absolutely no impression on me.

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I’m going to make one last big divisive guess. Perhaps other users should take heed due to today.

I’m torn between it being Florence or Harry. Both acts actually have a good claim to get their own announcement.

Florence as she’s a past headliner.

Harry as he would be a bigger than usual sub. It would make sense to announce him after the resale too so it doesn’t impact the stadium dates. 

Let’s see if I’m on a winning streak 😘 

I took heed that you literally told us ‘not today’ as if it was a fact minutes before the announcement 

5 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

I'm fully expecting the Specials to play somewhere. They're headlining Beautiful Days, the US tour finishes on the 19th June and they're playing 4 nights in Coventry in July. 

I really can't see The Specials being 3rd down the Puramid as others have predicted. They were subbing Two Door Cinema Club on the Friday of Victorious in 2019. West Holts headline or 4th/5th down Puramid at a push.

33 minutes ago, stuie said:

I took heed that you literally told us ‘not today’ as if it was a fact minutes before the announcement 

I wasn’t spilling info it was just a prediction.

Also this is the first year in some time we haven’t had a heads up about the lineup at all. Pretty sure no leak had any substance.

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I wasn’t spilling info it was just a prediction.

Also this is the first year in some time we haven’t had a heads up about the lineup at all. Pretty sure no leak had any substance.

Covid keeping a lot of people out of physical offices and meeting rooms makes a huge difference. You dont have somebodys mate that helps out so and so  with a label or agency in the room where discussions happen regarding any talent. Just removing those sets of eyes and ears really puts things into a vacuum. If the important people are the only ones talking face to face you keep the leaks to a minimum. Its like how the mafia doesnt like to use telephones, nobody can tap a line.

Edited by Suprefan

11 hours ago, kingbadger said:

I really can't see The Specials being 3rd down the Puramid as others have predicted. They were subbing Two Door Cinema Club on the Friday of Victorious in 2019. West Holts headline or 4th/5th down Puramid at a push.

I can't see that either, just expecting them to play somewhere