Do we have a missing sub?

Matt42

Do we have a missing sub?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Morning all,

With Elbow now being Sunday only I’m conceding on this. We don’t have a missing sub. Y’all win.

I’m going to say the pyramid lineup now is

Fri: Billie Eilish // Doja Cat // Wolf Alice // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // Crowded House // Rufus Wainwright

Sat: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Phoebe Bridgers // Sigrid // Koffee

Sun: Kendrick Lamar // Lorde // Elbow // Diana Ross // Herbie Hancock // Easy Life // Black Dyke Band

That looks pretty reasonable and like a classic Pyramid stage lineup. Do you still think we're missing an Other stage headliner too?

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Morning all,

With Elbow now being Sunday only I’m conceding on this. We don’t have a missing sub. Y’all win.

Fri: Billie Eilish // Doja Cat // Wolf Alice // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // Crowded House // Rufus Wainwright

Sat: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Phoebe Bridgers // Sigrid // Koffee

Sun: Kendrick Lamar // Lorde // Elbow // Diana Ross // Herbie Hancock // Easy Life // Black Dyke Band

Yup, looks about right I'd say. Reckon you could swap one or two around (Wolf Alice for Doja for instance) but I think you're more or less there. I'd quite happily park myself in front of El Pointo for Herbie Hancock and stay all the way through to Kendrick.

Interesting on Friday that the day is female dominated, run of five acts in a row, that looks more like a quirk of programming than a conscious decision too.

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

That looks pretty reasonable and like a classic Pyramid stage lineup. Do you still think we're missing an Other stage headliner too?

Dunno maybe not. I dunno if the Burna Boy subbing other info is a tip off or a prediction (haven’t seen what was said after) but if Burna is subbing other I’d put Megan as the Sat headliner.

What I’m wondering now is if we are sticking to 7 acts on the pyramid a day - we actually have a space for another act on the Saturday pyramid… which … coincidently… is where Aerosmith were meant to play

I wonder if that special slot on the Saturday pyramid will go ahead as planned but with a different act. We have had random bits saying Harry is playing the festival, and a user recently was quite confident he was still playing. Is it a coincidence that the Aerosmith dabbing down info and the Harry is playing news came around at the same time?

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yup, looks about right I'd say. Reckon you could swap one or two around (Wolf Alice for Doja for instance) but I think you're more or less there. I'd quite happily park myself in front of El Pointo for Herbie Hancock and stay all the way through to Kendrick.

Interesting on Friday that the day is female dominated, run of five acts in a row, that looks more like a quirk of programming than a conscious decision too.

I’d be shocked if Doja agreed to playing below Wolf Alice but we will see. Happy to lean back a bit and relax on this one. Tbh Doja on the Friday sounds waaaay better than Doja on the Sunday. The crowd will have more energy!

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dunno maybe not. I dunno if the Burna Boy subbing other info is a tip off or a prediction (haven’t seen what was said after) but if Burna is subbing other I’d put Megan as the Sat headliner.

What I’m wondering now is if we are sticking to 7 acts on the pyramid a day - we actually have a space for another act on the Saturday pyramid… which … coincidently… is where Aerosmith were meant to play

I wonder if that special slot on the Saturday pyramid will go ahead as planned but with a different act. We have had random bits saying Harry is playing the festival, and a user recently was quite confident he was still playing. Is it a coincidence that the Aerosmith dabbing down info and the Harry is playing news came around at the same time?

We've put all the other nonsense to bed, don't you dare start back up with the Styles stuff!

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

We've put all the other nonsense to bed, don't you dare start back up with the Styles stuff!

Well if you look at it, our Friday and Sunday pyramid lineups look pretty full now, or we are nearly there. The Saturday we are guessing below HAIM. So there’s definitely space in the slot Aerosmith was playing. 

Aerosmith look like the dabbed down earlier this year probably when the lineup was mostly in place. It would leave a hole to be filled.

Edited by Matt42

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Morning all,

. Y’all win

Get in. What do we get. I hope it's cake, I like cake

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Morning all,

Has the Easy Life on Sunday come from somewhere or just a prediction? I am not sure they will be myself

Just now, fred quimby said:

Get in. What do we get. I hope it's cake, I like cake

Has the Easy Life on Sunday come from somewhere or just a prediction? I am not sure they will be myself

They said they are on the pyramid. I think they are likely to be an opener or second on.

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think the missing act is more likely to be someone like Candi Staton, on the 2020 lineup and playing in the UK the following weekend, than another big act. Aerosmith dropping out probably led to a slight reshuffle but I'm not really expecting another big replacement at this point.

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Morning all,

I might be being dumb here but I don’t get how Elbow being on Sunday has changed anything. You were already predicting them to be third down, no? So if you swap them with whoever you had third down on Sunday then how does that rule out a missing sub?

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean, several acts you’ve put on your Pyramid lineup are just predictions so I don’t get why you’re saying there’s 1 gap on Saturday.

Being real, Aerosmith have probably already been replaced. Maybe HAIM got shunted up, maybe one of Doja/MTS only got booked then, maybe they booked Robert Plant/Alison Krauss as a replacement to fill that classic rock hole (I know the music they actually perform doesn’t fit that description).

18 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I might be being dumb here but I don’t get how Elbow being on Sunday has changed anything. You were already predicting them to be third down, no? So if you swap them with whoever you had third down on Sunday then how does that rule out a missing sub?

I mean, several acts you’ve put on your Pyramid lineup are just predictions so I don’t get why you’re saying there’s 1 gap on Saturday.

Being real, Aerosmith have probably already been replaced. Maybe HAIM got shunted up, maybe one of Doja/MTS only got booked then, maybe they booked Robert Plant/Alison Krauss as a replacement to fill that classic rock hole (I know the music they actually perform doesn’t fit that description).

Because I thought we had a Kendrick, Doja, Lorde top 3 on the Sunday. But if Elbow are Sunday then one of them is playing on another day. I think Doja and Lorde both stand a chance at being subs as Doja is subbing all festivals she plays at this year. So I’ve moved her to the Friday sub which she can do.

Robert Plant is on the Friday due to dates on his website. I think he’s on the acoustic stage. Crowded House more likely being on Friday takes the slot that I feel Robert Plant would take if he was on the pyramid, as I think Olivia is 4th down and Kacey is 5th down etc.

It’s all looking at what dates people are doing and what I think fits.

The reason why I’m positing a special set still exists on the Saturday is from HAIM down we are more in the dark than we are for Friday and Sunday, where we can pull a more educated guess.

It’s all just a bit of fun.

Edited by Matt42

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well if you look at it, our Friday and Sunday pyramid lineups look pretty full now, or we are nearly there. The Saturday we are guessing below HAIM. So there’s definitely space in the slot Aerosmith was playing. 

Aerosmith look like the dabbed down earlier this year probably when the lineup was mostly in place. It would leave a hole to be filled.

There's a space for sure, but I think it's more likely to be filled by an act at "fourth down the Pyramid" level rather than someone massive.

Aerosmith was an exceptional booking which sadly hasn't come off, it doesn't mean necessarily that they'll get someone of similar standing, especially as they were never formally announced.

3 minutes ago, David_303 said:

That'll be a great day (I'll probably bin off Elbow though)

I’d probably see Diana, then go see Sam Fender and probably someone else, then come back for Kendrick.

I am seeing Lorde at the Roundhouse so I’m planning to skip her at the festival.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yeah good luck to anyone getting on the barrier for Kendrick who doesn’t want to watch Herbie Hancock. 

I'm totally cool chilling at the back these days TBH, I'm the wrong side of 40 and quite happy to take it all in and not be close to the action, so-to-speak. 

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I'm usually zapped by Sunday so if it is those 4 to finish I'd happily pitch up and watch them all. 

Should we just all plan to meet somewhere, chairs, blankets, cool boxes and a couple of flags to let everyone know? I'm sure no one will mind. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

Should we just all plan to meet somewhere, chairs, blankets, cool boxes and a couple of flags to let everyone know? I'm sure no one will mind. 

Sounds ace.

We can take it in turns to do trips to the Cider bus.